Document Type : Research Paper
Assistant Professor, Department of Sport Management, faculty of sport sciences , Bu-Ali Sina University, Hamadan, Iran
Professor, Department of Sport Management, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, Allameh Tabatabai University, Tehran, Iran
Associate Professor Department of Psychology, Payame Noor University, Iran
This study aimed to develop a model of organizational identification based on organizational intelligence and mediated by an organizational development among Iranian staff working on some sport federations. A correlation experiment was conducted using a structural equation modeling. In this research, statistical sample included 372 subjects chosen randomly among all 703 Iranian managers and staff employed in sport federations. They were required to fill in three related questionnaires i.e. organizational identification (Cheny, 1983), organizational development (Lok Crawford, 2000), and organizational intelligence (Albrecht, 2002) qualified by face validity and reliability. The data were analyzed using Kolmogorov–Smirnov, Pearson correlation coefficient and structural equation modeling. The data were analyzed using SPSS24 and LISREL8.5. The results showed that organizational intelligence had a significant effect on organizational development with a coefficient of 0.84 and a coefficient of 0.25 on organizational identity (P <0.01).Organizational development with a coefficient of 0.65 has a significant effect on organizational identity of sports federations (P <0.01). Organizational intelligence with coefficient of 0.55 indirectly affected organizational identity (P <0.01). According to findings of this research, it is strongly recommended to consider the useful roles of organizational identification and organizational development in order to improve organizational identification of sport federations. Accordingly, the relevant authorities of sport federations shall make appropriate decisions over employing organizational intelligence in line with improving organizational development directly and organizational identification indirectly of staff employed in sport federations.
- Alvesson, M., & Empson, L. (2008). The construction of organizational identity: Comparative case studies of consulting firms. Scandinavian Journal of Management, 24(1), 1-16.
- Tahjobi, M,. Abbas Zadeh, S M M,. Hasani, M,. Ghalavandi H. (2014). The Role of Perceived Organizational Justice in Occupational Involvement with Organizational Identity Mediation Test (Case Study: Faculty Members of Government Universities of Hamedan Province). Measuring and Educational Evaluation Studies. 5 ( 12):153 - 174. (in Persian)
- Qasemzadeh, A,. Maleki, Sh,. Habibi , H. (2014).The Role of Team Identity and Organizational Identity on Job Performance and Social Responsibility. Management of government agencies. 2(4):95-110. (in Persian)
- Arabshahi Karizi A,. Nazarpour F. (2020). The Impact of Servant Leadership on Organizational Identity with the Moderating Role of Spiritual Intelligence. 9 (1):115-145. (in Persian)
- Khosravi M R,. Del Ororouz N,. Shahroodi K,. Rezaei Yousefi B. (2015).Development of a Model for Measuring the Impact of Social Responsibility and Organizational Identity on the Brand Value of the Company (Case Study: Pars Khazar Industrial Company). 7(3):621-642. (in Persian)
- Amin Bidokhty, A A,. Jafari, S ,. Moradi Moghaddam,M . (2017).The Relationship between Organizational Social Engagement and the Job Excitement of Teachers with the Mediating Role of Organizational Identity. 3(4): 563-582. (in Persian)
- Reese, S. R. (2014). Examining the Relationship between Organizational Identification and Learning Organization Dimensions: A Study of a US Franchise. Management and Organizational Studies, 1(1), 7.
- Soleject, S,. Ahmadzadeh, S. (2014).The Effect of Transformational Leadership on Managers' Attitudes toward Organizational Identity Mediation. Research Transformation Management. 6(12):72-90. (in Persian)
- Nasr Esfahani, A,.Aghababour Dehkordi , T. ; Tahereh Aghaababour Dehkordi 1 ; . (2013).Investigating the relationship between organizational identity and organizational silence. Staff of Isfahan University. Applied Sociology (Journal of Humanities Research, University of Isfahan). 24(4 )139-162. (in Persian)
- Aghaei, N,. Moradi, E. (2017). Determining the causal relationships of organizational culture and silence: the role of mediating organizational identity in the General Directorate of Sports and Youth of Alborz Province. Human Resources Management in Sport. 4(13): 31-40. (in Persian)
- Saboori Fard, M,. Ghorbanian M R,. Amini J. (2015). A review of the interactions and components of organizational integration and integration in the organizations of Iran, Third International Management Conference, Economics and Accounting , Tabriz, Industrial Management Organization of the Azerbaijani Representation, https: //www.civilica.com/Paper-NDMCONFT03-NDMCONFT03_138.html. (in Persian)
- Oktug, Z. (2013). The Moderating Effects of Age and Tenure on the Relationship between Organizational Identification and Job Satisfaction, journal of Management, 3 (4): 218-222.
- Allahyari,M. Hamidi,M,. Hematinejad,M A,. Allahyari, F. (2011). Organizational Identity and Socio-Demographic Factors with Organizational Citizenship Behavior in Sport. Sport Management Studies (Physical Education Research Center).9:95-112 . (in Persian)
- Gholipour, E,. Poorzat , A A,. Mohammadi,F . (2011).Explaining internal and external factors affecting organizational identity building in government agencies. Management of government agencies. 3(7):149-166. (in Persian)
- Hassanzadeh,R,. Javadiyan, M. (2009).Women's desire for organizational progress. Woman and family studies. 1(4): 81-98. (in Persian)
- Taghizadeh, H,. Tari, G. (2009).Study of the level of learning, organizational improvement and their relationship with education in the district of Tabriz city. New Thoughts in Educational Sciences. 4(2): 65-92. (in Persian)
- Racubson, S. (2012). Organizational effect on knowledge management in Sweden hotel industry. International journal of knowledge management: 36. pp 89-101.
- Pour rashidi, R,. Sanjar, S,. Nakhaei,M R. (2016). Investigating the relationship between organizational development and meritocracy in government departments of Kerman, 5th International Conference on Accounting and Management, 2nd Conference on Entrepreneurship and Innovations , Tehran, Isfahr Sympostists, https: //www.civilica.com/Paper-MOCONF05-MOCONF05_386.html. (in Persian)
- Tourkzadeh, J,. Momeni, GH R. (2013). Investigating the Status of Organizational Development Based on the Strengthening and Inhibiting Structure (Case Study: Shahid Chamran University of Ahwaz). Quarterly journal of social development. 7(3): 105-122. (in Persian)
- Cummings,Th J,. Werley, C J. (2012).Organization Development and Development (Pathology, Complication, and Programmatic Change in Organizations) Cummins Translated by Braarpour. Publisher: Faraz Andish Green. Translated by Cyrus Brarupour. Green publisher. Second edition. (in Persian)
- Shams Morkani, GH,. Mashayekhi M,. Soleimani, S . (2014).Explaining the Role of Organizational Intelligence in Promoting Organizational Performance: A Case Study of High School Teachers in Tehran. Educational Psychology. 10(31):165-189. (in Persian)
- . Saati A, Shabani bahar G, Solymani M. (2020). Analyzing of the Effect of Talent Management System on Employees Empowerment Process Through Organizational Intelligence at Sport and Youth General Office of Iran. 8 (28):101-118. (in Persian)
- Daoudi, N., Nabigh, M., Hilal, I., Rahimi, H., & Atiki, F. Z. (2020). Organizational Intelligence: Ontological Modeling of Skills. International Journal of Advanced Corporate Learning (iJAC), 13(1), 4-18. (in Persian)
- Taghvaeeyazdi, M., Niaz Azari, M. (2020). Futuristic relationship with organizational intelligence, organizational creativity and organizational excellence In the Islamic Azad Universities of Mazandaran Province in order to present the model. Journal of New Approaches in Educational Administration, 11(42), 167-192. (in Persian)
- Farzai H,. Abbasi H,. Zardashtian, Sh. (2015) .Explain the relationship between organizational intelligence and organizational agility with organizational entrepreneurship in the Ministry of Sports and Youth of Iran. Sport Management. 7(5):713-729. (in Persian)
- Mohammadi, R,. Keshkar, S. (2012).The Relationship between Organizational Intelligence Components and Human Resource Productivity in Selected Sports Federations. Sport Management Studies. 1(2): 97-116. (in Persian)
- Hadavi,F, Talebpour, M,. Farahani,A,. Nakhaie Niazi,A. (2015). Communication model of organizational intelligence and Its Dimensions with organizational entrepreneurship in the Islamic Republic of Iran,s Ministry of Youth and Sports. Applied Research of Sport Management. 4 (14):103-116. (in Persian)
- Rasool Khodadadi, M ,. Kashf M M,. Sayed Ameri M H,. Alaemi Kashki, M. (2013).The Relationship between Components of Organizational Intelligence and Organizational Culture in General and Physical Education Institutions of East Azarbaijan.sport management.5(3)175-189. (in Persian)
- Mokhtari Dinani, M,. Koseh Chian, H,. Nazariand Madwani, A. (2015). The Relationship between Organizational Intelligence and the Effectiveness of Leadership in Sport Managers. New Approaches to Sport Management. 3 (9): 31-41. (in Persian)
- Sidi M H,. Latifi M . (2016).Investigating the Role of Organizational Intelligence and Organizational Growth in the.Performance of Shahid Salimi Industrial Towns in Tabriz. Organizational Culture Management. 14(2 ):409-428. (in Persian)
- Najarpourstadi, S,. Taghizadeh, H. (2012). Relationship between Emotional Intelligence and Organizational Development among Employees of Islamic Azad University. A New Approach to Educational Management. 3(3) : 121- 136. ( in Persian)
- Cakir, R., & Ada, S. (2008). Can the organizational intelligence be developed in schools by in-scrice trainning?. World Applied Sciences Journal, 4(1), 30 – 24.
- Cheney, G. (1983). The rhetoric of identification and the study of organizational communication. Quarterly Journal of Speech, 69, 143-158.
- Lok, P., & Crawford, J. The application of a diagnostic model and surveys in organizational development. Journal of Managerial Psychology, 2000, 15(2): 108-124.
- Albrecht. Karl. (2002). "Organizational Intelligence& Knowledge Management": http://www.KarlAlbrecht.com.
- Rahmati Asl, N., Yousefi, B., Zardoshtian, S., Sadeghi Boroujerdi, S. (2018). The Modeling of the Factors Affecting the Implementation of Knowledge Management in Sport Federations. , 8(15), 15-28. (in Persian)
- Ahmadi, R. E. (2005). Emerging organizational identity: the process of identity creation in a post divestiture environment. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, alliant international University, San Francisco.
- French, W. L., Bell, C. H., & Zawacki, R. A. (2005). Organization Development and Transformation: Managing Effective Change, 6th ed., USA: McGraw Hill Irwin.