Document Type : Research Paper
Assistant Professor in sport management, Faculty of Humanities, Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran
Master of Sport Management, Faculty of Sport Sciences, Shahid Rajaee Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Tehran, Iran
The purpose of this study was to Testing a model of structural relations of information technology-commounication with Organizational Socialization and social capital management in sport organization, which was carried out by a descriptive field method. Whole of the employees of Sport and youth ministry were statistical population. Sample was n=174 of statistical population. In order to data collect information technology-commounication (ITC) questionnaire, organizational socialization questionnaire (OSQ) and social capital questionnaire (SCQ) were used. Descriptive methods were used to analyze the data and in order to determine the effects use of structural equation modeling (SEM) through software of LISREL 8.2. Data analysis of results showed that information technology-commounication was effect on organizational socialization (pc=0.38) also was effect on social capital management (pc=0.34). Organizational socialization was effect on social capital management (pc=0.59. n general, and considering the results of this research and previous studies, it seems that social capital in employees and especially in the present research in sport organizations can have a positive and constructive effect in preventing and even reducing job burnout, and managers of departments and organizations Sport and non-sports must pay particular attention to this, so that they can effectively use the functions of this social phenomenon in order to improve the mental functions of their employees. As a conclusion an optimum level of ITC in sport organization can improve Organizational Socialization and social capital. That is can reduce negative behaviors on sport organizations.
- Mohammadi, S. Moshrf Jvadi, B. & Mozaffari, A. (2012). “The relationship between attitudes, organizational structure and organizational climate with the publication of information technology in selected organizations of sports”, Movement and Sports Science Publication, 3(19), 15-25, (Persian).
- Venkatesh, V. & vavis, F. D. (2000). “A theoretical extension of the technology acceptance model”: Four longitudinal field studies. Management Science, 46(2), 186- 204.
- Jones, G. R. (1986). “Socialization tactics, self-efficacy and newcomers Adjustments to organizations”. Academy of Management Journal, Vol.29, No, (2), 262-279.
- Moghimi, Seyed Mohammad, Hasanzadeh, Touraj (2010). “Social capital on organizational excellence”. Strategic Management Studies, No. 3, pp. 143-123.
- Siegler, V. (2014). “Measuring social capital”. London: Office for National Statistics, 2nd Edition.
- Bigliardi, B. Petroni, A. and Dormio, A. I. (2005). “Organizational socialization, career aspirations and turnover intentions among design engineers”. Journal of Leadership & Organization Development, Vol.26, No. (6), 424-441.
- Akhavan, M. & Habibi, J. (2004). “Critical success factors and failure of IT
- Projects in the country”. Journal of Industrial Management, 11 (6), 28-44, (Persian).
- Taormina, R. J. (2009).”Organizational socialization: the missing link between employee needs and organizational culture”. Journal of Managerial Psychology, 24, 7650-676.
- Francis, P. (2002). “Social capital at World Bank: strategic and operational Implications of the concept”. Social development strategy, World Bank, 27.
- Lack lee, L. (2005). “Knowledge management tool and teckniques” Elsevier butterworth Heinemann, 123-130.
- Nateghpour, Mohammad Javad, Firouzabadi, Seyed Ahmad (2006). “Formation of social capital and meta-analysis of the factors affecting it”. Social Sciences Quarterly. No. 28, pp. 190-160.
- Kheyrizgangi, Parvaneh Ghasemi, Rahimi, Ghasem; Zamani Nukabadi, Alireza (2017). “Investigating the Factors Affecting Adoption of New Information Technologies in the General Administration of Sports and Youth of Isfahan Province”. Sports Management, Period 9, Number, pp. 129-144.
- Yarmohammadi, Samaneh; Ashraf Ganve'i, Farideh, Zarei, Ali (2017). “Prioritizing the Components of Information Technology Application in Change Management at the Ministry of Sport and Youth of the Islamic Republic of Iran”. Quarterly Journal of Information and Communication Technology in Education, Eighth Issue, pp. 67-93.
- Abdouy, Fatima; Farid Fathi, Maryam (2016). “The Relationship of Using Information and Communication Technology with the Effectiveness of Sports and Youth Organization of West Azarbaijan Province”. Communication Management in Sports Media, Third Year, No. 33, pp. 66-76.
- Namvar, Majid; Razavi, Seyyed Mohammad Hossein (2015). “Investigating the relationship of organizational learning with the use of information and communication among managers of sport and youth departments of Tehran province”. The first national conference of the Iranian sports management association. Allameh Tabatabaei University.
- Attari, Sajjad; Alyi, Mina (2015). “Investigating the Role of Information on Social Capital of Employees (Case Study of the Organization of Sports and Youth of East Azarbaijan Province)”. The first national conference of the Iranian sports management association. Allameh Tabatabaei University.
- Azizi, Bishtun; Mehrabi Koushki; Ali; Jalali Farahani; Majid (2013). “Investigating the Information Technology and Organizational Structure of the Ministry of Sports and Youth of the Islamic Republic of Iran”. Sports Management, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 161-174.
- Nwaokwa, B. E, Okoli. (2012). “Information of Communication Technology on the Influence Performance of Secretaries in Government Ministries in Nasarawa State, North-Central Nigeria”, Research Journal of Information Technology, 4(3), 93-97.
- Chow, I. (2002). “Organizational socialization and career success of Asian managers”. International Journal of Human Resource Management, Vol.13, No. (4), 720-737.
- Allen, D. G. (2006). “Do organizational socialization tactics influence newcomer embeddedness and turnover”, Journal of Management, Vol. 32, No. (2), 237- 256.
- Filstad, C. (2011). “Organizational commitment through organizational socialization tactics”. Journal of Workplace Learning, 23(6), 376-390.
- Khodadad Kashi, Flame; Goodarzi, Mahmoud (2014). “Investigating dimensions and model of social capital in sports organizations”. Strategic management studies and organizational behavior in sport, 1 (4): 23-11.
- Darcy, H. Maxwell, M. Edwards, J. Onyx, S. & Sherker, M. (2014). “More than a sport and volunteer organization: Investigating social capital development in a sporting organization original research article”. Sport Management Review, In Press, Corrected Proof, Available online, 17(4), 395-406.
- Habibpour Gatabi, K., & Safari Shali, R. (2015). “Comprehensive manual for using SPSS in survey researches”. Tehran, Loyeh Publication.(in persian).