Document Type : Research Paper
Ph.D. Student in Sport Management, Science and Research Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran
Assistant Professor in Sport Management, Sari Branch, Islamic Azad University, sari, Iran
Assistant Professor in Sport Management, Science and Research Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran
Assistant Professor in Sport Physiology Science and Research Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran
Due to the importance and role of sponsorship in football revenue sources of and spending huge sums on environmental advertising and advertising on Iranian premier league`s shirts by sponsors, the present study aims to determine how significant and effective the visual attention of the audience can be on brand visibility, based on neuroscience and eye tracking techniques. The present study has a practical purpose, and is semi-experimental in nature. The statistical population of the study consisted of 75 individuals selected from football spectators aged 18-60 years, all of whom were male and were tested with an eye tracking device according to the neuroscience protocol. For quantitative analysis, the obtained data were transformed into quantitative data using SPSS 25 software and data were analyzed using descriptive and inferential statistics. The variance analysis was used to test the hypotheses. The results showed that the intensity of attitudinal and behavioral support and also interest in football influenced the visual attention to the shirt logo. It seems sponsors need to understand the thoughts and conscious and unconscious messages of the audience and align their ads with specific and desired messages of their audiences in order to achieve their goals, i.e., to be seen better, and thus to increase the sales and revenue of their products and services through advertising on the athletes' shirts.
- Achrol RS. & Kotler P. Frontiers of the marketing paradigm in the third millennium. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science.2012; (40)1: 52-35.
- Al Moez H. Investors' opinions about sports marketing in Bahrain. International Sports Studies. 2015; ( 23)1: 111-123
- Amanda S. & Savage R. Branding and a child’s brain: an fMRI study of neural responses to logos. Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience.2012;(1) 1:118-122. https://doi.org/10.1093/scan/nss109.
- Babu S. Samuel V & Thalluri P. Neuromarketing: Is Campbell in Soup?. IUP Journal of Marketing Management; Hyderabad. 2016; (11) 2: 76-100.
- Bakardjieva E. & Allan JK. Neuromarketing research practices: attitudes, ethics, and behavioral intentions. Ethics & Behavior. 2017; ( 27) 3: 179-200. DOI: 10.1080/ 10508422.
- Benbeldeh D. Parikh H. Piu Y. & Müller K M. Brain waves predict success of new fashion products: A practical application for the footwear retailing industry. Journal of Creating Value.2018; 1(1): 61-71.
- Benlyde, M. Commercials Enter the Neuroscience, Brain CT Scan in the Sale of Goods, Kabir, and Maryam. (Translator); Institute of Cognitive Sciences, 2012:(2)1.
- Carell S. Harald B. H. & Michael R. Neural Correlates of culturally familiral brands of car manufactures, National institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke: Nation Institutes of Health Bethesda,www.elsevier.com/ynimg, 2017; 861-865.
- Dehghanpouri H. & Abdavi F.[ Investigating the Effectiveness of Sporting Brand Promotions and decision to buy of customers in Neural Marketing, Modern Marketing Research Quarterly (In Persian)]. 2015; 99- 118
- Deppe Schwindt M. Kudel W. & Plassmann H. Nonliner responses within the medial profrontal cortex reveal when specific implicit information infiuences economic decision making Department of Neurology, Institute of Clinical Radiology2018; 171- 182
- Eidi R.& Zahedi Noghabi H. [Eye movement tracking, an approach to reading measurement based on visual interaction. Theoretical and Applied Research in Information Science and Knowledge (In Persian)].2017; (7) 1.
- Elahi M. [A Review of Neural Marketing and Its Applications. Business Reviews, June and July cours (In Persian)].2016;( 65) 1.
- Fun Uma R. & Plassmann H. Consumer Neuroscience: Past, Present, and Future. Organizational Research Methods.sagepub.com/ journals Permissions 2019; nav DOI: 10.1177/ 1094428117730598.
- Hoda N. El Moujahid O. & Thaichon P.[Emotion and advertising effectiveness: A novel facial expression analysis approach.(In Persian)]. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services. 2017; (36) 2: 103–111.
- Izadi, A. Hosseini. Mohammad H. Gharabazi A. [The Application of Neuromarketing in Sport Marketing; a New Approach to Sport Marketing in Iran.(In Persian)]. Third National Conference on Entrepreneurship and Knowledge-Based Business Management. University of Mazandaran, Babolsar2017.
- Jalali S. Kulivand P. Alipour F. & Leila B. [Neural Marketing: Cognitive Approaches to Consumer Behavior. Shafaye-Khatam Magazine. (In Persian) 2016; (2) 4.
- Karimi Mazidi AR.[ Evaluation on Traditional Marketing, Neural Marketing, Something like the Effect of Manipulation on Customer Behavior, (Persian)]. Ferdowsi University Journal, Mashhad.2012; (5)2:23-31.
- Karmarkar UR. Shiv B.& Knutson B. Cost conscious? The neural and behavioral impact of price primacy on decision-making. 2015; 56 (4): 467–81. Journal of Marketing Research.
- Kitaxava K.Paluchova J. Bercik J. & Horska E. Visual Merchandising and Its Marketing Components in the Chosen Restaurants in Slovakia. Procedia Economics and Finance.2015;( 34) 1: 3–10.
- Lima Cruz. Medeiros JF. Hermes LC. Marcon A.n& Marcon E. Neuromarketing and the advances in the consumer behavior studies: a systematic review of the literature. Int. J. Business and Globalisation.2016; 17 (3): 145-53.
- Louis R. & bridger, et al. Neuromarketing: Marketing REserch Future? Menadzment, Marketing I Tragovina.2019; 273- 283.
- Luros AS. Black WR. MartinL E. & Davis AM. Branding and childs brain: an FMRI study of neuralresponses to logos, Soc Cogn Affect Neuroscince. Department of Psychology, the University of Missouri- Kanses City.2015
- Memari M. R.[ An Analytical View on Neural Marketing as a Strategy Design in Novel Business (InPersian)]. Third Conference of Modern Management Sciences, Golestan Province, Gorgan. 2014.
- Mousavi S. R. & Moazeni B. [Sub-threshold perception and using it use in advertising. Future market developing Engineering Articles Bank (In Persian)] 2013.
- Najib Moghaddam S. & Asghari Ag. Q. [Presenting a Conceptual Model of the relationship between Neuromarketing and Branding with Profit: Investigating the Relationship between NeuroMarketing and Brand passion with Profit by Drawing Customer Mental Map by Structural Equation Modeling Approach(In Persian)]. National Conference on Future Studies in Humanities and Development. Shiraz. 2015
- Raicet A. B. Damming W. & Dai, F. Commercial advertising in chinese and Italian subjects, Biomedical Engineering and informatics, 2015 4th international Conference.
- Surenda M. & calli H. Nwuromarketing: The New Scines of Consumer Behavior, Consumer Culiturin Global Perspective.2016; 130- 135.
- Sultan Hosseini M. & Naderi Jahrom M. [Evaluation of Barriers to Development of Sport Marketing in Iran(In Persian)]. Sport Management Studies.2015.