Document Type : Research Paper
Assistant Professor in Sport Management, Faculty of Sport Sciences, University of Isfahan, Isfahan, Iran.
Ph.D. Candidate in Sport Management, Faculty of Sport Sciences, University of Isfahan, Isfahan, Iran.
Ph.D. Candidate in Sport Management, Faculty of Physical education and Sport Sciences, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran.
This study aims to present a place branding model based on macro-approaches of recreation, sport, and tourism projects in Isfahan province. A qualitative method and a systematic Grounded theory are applied on the study. This theory is divided into three open, selective, and axial coding levels. The statistical society consists of all the specialists of this field, including outstanding professors of sport management in the field of tourism, managers and deputies of Sport and Youth Department, and knowledgeable experts. 14 people were selected with snowball sampling method. The study tools and materials are scientific sources, such as articles, authentic books, scientific websites, news websites, and open and in-depth interviews with the selected people. For validity measurement, the study results were presented to the participants. They suggested a model based on these results which was analyzed and applied on the study by the researchers. Finally, this study was read and reviewed by sport management professors who corrected or changed the final model. For reliability analysis, auditing procedures and inter-subjectivity agreement methods are used. 78% reliability was indicated between two coding methods which stands for coding reliability. Eventually, the final model was introduced, including the main framework, causal conditions, strategies, background conditions, interfering factors, and consequences.
- Ashworth, G., & Kavaratzis, M. Beyond the logo: Brand management for cities. Journal of Brand Management, 2009: 16(8), 520-531.
- Bahari, J., Farahani, B., Bahari, Sh., Bazleh, M., & Bahari, H. Effect of Brand Equity on Consumer Satisfaction and Brand Loyalty in the hotel industry (Case study: five star hotels Tabriz city). Journal Management System. 2016: 7(26): 174-193 (in Persian).
- Baker, B. Branding tourism destination is an indispensable element for success in branding a place. Translation by Samimi, A. & Ghasemi, S. Tehran: Dannaya Ehne Publishing Publishing, 2014.
- Boisen, M., Terlouw, K., Groote, P., & Couwenberg, O. Reframing place promotion, place marketing, and place branding – moving beyond conceptual confusion. Cities, 2017: 42-50, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cities.2017.08.021.
- 12. Braun, E. Putting city branding into practice. Journal of Brand Management, 2012: 19(4), 257–267.
- Braun, E., Eshuis, J., Klijn, E.H., & Zenker, S. Improving place reputation: Do an open place brand process and an identity image match pay off?. Cities, 2017: 1-7, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cities.2017.06.010.
- Divandori, A., Kermanshah; A., & Ekhlasi, A. A Brand Building Model for Recreation, Residential, Tourism and Sport Mega Projects. Iranian journal of Trade Studies (IJTC) Quarterly. 2013: 17(65): 27-64, (in Persian).
- Eschenfelder, M.J., & Li, M. Economics of Sport. (2nd Ed.). Morgantown, WV: Fitness Information Technology. 2007.
- Lichrou, M., O’Malley, L., & Patterson, M. Narratives of a tourism destination: Local particularities and their implications for place marketing and branding. Place Branding and Public Diplomacy, 2010: 6(2): 134–144. http://dx.doi.org/10.1057/pb.2010.10.
- Lucarelli, A. Place branding as urban policy: the (im)political place branding. Cities, 2017: 21-31, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cities.2017.08.004.
- 34. McGuire, M., & Agranoff, R. The limitations of public management networks. Public Administration, 2011: 89(2), 265–284.
- Monavarian, A., Abouee Arkan, M., Poor Mousavi, S.M., & Rahimian, A. Designing Process Model of City Branding for IRAN's Metropolises. Public Administration Perspective. 2013: 4(1): 41-63, (in Persian).
- Oliveira Santos, G. E., & Moura Engracia Giraldi, J. Reciprocal effect of tourist destinations on the strength of national tourism brands. Tourism Management. 2017: (61) 443-450.
- Rabbiosi, C. Place branding performances in tourist local food Shops. Annals of Tourism Research, 2016: 60: 154–168.
- Wann D.L. Understanding the positive social psychological benefits of sport team identification: The Team Identification-Social Psychological Health Model. Group Dynamics: Theory, Research, and Practice, 2006: 4-5.
- Warren, G., & Dinnie, K. Cultural intermediaries in place branding: Who are they and how do they construct legitimacy for their work and for themselves?. Tourism Management, 2018: 66: 302-314.
- Zenker, S., Braun, E., & Petersen, S. Branding the destination versus the place: The effects of brand complexity and identification for residents and visitors. Tourism Management, 2017: 58: 15-27.
- Zhao, W., Ru, S., & Kakuda, N. Institutionalized place branding strategy, interfirm trust, and place branding performance: Evidence from China. Journal of Business Research, 2017: 78, 261-267. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2016.12.021.