Document Type : Research Paper
Assistant professor in sport management, sport sciences faculty, University of Isfahan
Associated professor in sport management, sport sciences faculty, University of Isfahan.
PhD student in sport management, sport sciences faculty, University of Tehran
The aim of this study was to present the gray cluster analysis model in performance measurement and ranking of sport boards. The area under investigation was Esfahan province and the statistical sample consisted of sport boards which were team sports by ball including football, volleyball, handball, basketball, rugby, and baseball (and softball). They were ranked by gray cluster analysis based on four main elements: hardware development (3 indices), sport for all development (5 indices), championship and professional sport development (6 indices), and human resources development (8 indices). The results showed that handball board was first, football board was second and basketball board was third; rugby, volleyball, and baseball boards followed respectively. Finally, research model was provided for performance measurement and ranking of sport boards by gray cluster analysis method according to the steps of this study.
- Noorbakhsh M, Shojaei M, Mohammadzadeh Kalkhoran F, Mahmoudi S. The Survey of Performance of Heads of Women's Sports Organizations in Tehran and its Relation with the Effectiveness of Staff, Coaches, Referees and Athletes' Views (In Persian). Journal of Sports science, 2010. 3, 23-45.
- Adabi Firouzjah J, Mozafari S A A, Hadavi . Measuring the Efficiency of Provincial Administrations of the Ministry of Sport and Youth by Using Data Envelopment Analysis (In Persian). Research in Sport Management & Motor Behavior. 2014. 3(6). 61-79.
- Adeli J. Performance Evaluation and Continuous Improvement of the Organization (In Persian). Tadbir. 2012, 1, 125-139.
- Wong on Wing B, Guo L, Li W, Yang D. Reducing conflict in balanced scorecard evaluations. Accounting, Organizations and Society. 2007, 32. 363-377.
- Khatami Firouz Abadi A, Izadkhah M M. Designing the Strategic Model of Performance Appraisal in Construction Companies: An Integration of AHP & BSC (In Persian). Organizational Culture Management. 2013, 11(3). 5-27.
- Khademi Zare H, Fakhrzad2 M B. Integration of Collaborative Management and Fuzzy Systems for Evaluating of Students’ Educational Performance (In Persian). Quarterly Journal of Research and Planning in Higher Education. 2013, 19 (3), 23-40.
- Lyle W B, John I. Managing excellence in sports performance. Career Development International. 1997, 2(7). 314-323.
- Chadwick S. From outside lane to inside track: sport management research in the twenty – first century. Management Decision. 2009, 47(1). 191-203.
- Goodarzi M, Salimi M, Jalali farahani M, Taghvaie M. Implementation of Ahp-Taxonomy Model in Gis Environment for Sport Facilities Site Selection. International Journal of Management and Humanity Sciences. 2015, 4(1). 4421-442
- Moutameni A, Javad Zadeh M, Tiz Fahm M. Assessing Strategic Performance of Banks (In Persian). Journal of Strategic Management Studies. 2010. 1, 141-159.
- Secme Y N, Bayrakdaroglu A, Kahraman C. Fuzzy Performance Evaluation in Turkish Banking Sector using Analytic Hierarchy Process and TOPSIS. Expert System with Application. 2009, 36. 1699-1709.
- Frei F X, Harker P T. Measuring Aggregate Process Performance Using AHP. European Journal of Operational Research. 1999, 116. 436-442.
- Najaf Abadi B M. Comparative Application of Linear Assignment Technique and Topsis for Financial Evaluation (MA) (In Persian). University of Shiraz. 2007.
- Mohammadi A, Molaei N. Applying a Multi Criteria Decision Making Model Based On Grey Theory In Performance Evaluation Of Firms (In Persian). Industrial Management Journal. 2010, 2(4), 125-142.
- Dong G, Yamaguchi D, Nagai M. A grey-based decision making approach to the supplier selection problem. Mathematical and Computer Modeling. 2006, 46. 573-581.
- Wiecek M M, Ehrgott M, Fadel G, Figueira J R. Multiple criteria decision making for engineering. OMEGA - The International Journal of Management Science. 2008, 36. 3337-3339.
- Salimi M. Present and compare three models of AHP-TAXONOMY, FAHP-FTOPSIS, and FAHP-GCA in the GIS environment for the placement of sports venues (In Persian). Phd thesis. Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, University of Tehran. 2014.
- Faraji Sabokbar H, Mahmoudi Meimand H, Rahimi S, Shadman Roodposhti M. The Evaluation of Land Eco-Capability for Water Planting Using Grey Clustering Analysis (In Persian). World Applied Sciences Journal. 2013, 21(1). 142- 151.
- Faraji Sabokbar H A, Hassanpour S, Azizi A, Malakian A, Alavipanah S K. Floodwater Spreading Site Selection by FAHP and GCA and Comparison of Model Performance (Case Study: Garabaygan Catchment, Fasa Plain, Shiraz) (In Persian). Physical Geography Research Quarterly. 2013, 45(2). 55-76.
- Mirzaei Tork S, Ashournejad Gh, Faraji Sabokbar H A. Application of Gray Clustering Analysis in Modeling the Location of Urban Public Parking (In Persian). Journal of Applied Researches in Geographical. 2013, 13(29). 159-178.
- Wu W H, Lin C T, Peng K H, Huang C C. Applying hierarchical grey relation clustering analysis to geographical information systems – A case study of the hospitals in Taipei Cit. Expert Systems with Applications. 2012, 39. 7247-7254.
- Zhang L N, Wu F P, Yu L L, Wang X. Grey Clustering Evaluation Model Based on D-S Evidence Theory to Evaluate the Scheme of Basin Initial Water Rights Allocation. The Open Cybernetics & Systemic Journal. 2015, 9. 7-16.
- Wang Z, Pei L. An Optimized Grey Cluster Model for Evaluating Quality of Labor Force. Journal of Software. 2013, 8(10). 2489- 2494.
- Kamfiroozi M H, Jafari-Eskandari M, Aliahmadi A, Ferdosi N. Performance Evaluation Based on BSC Using Grey-MCDM and Game Theory (case study: Nail maker companies) (In Persian). Production and Operations Management. 2014, 5(1). 113-124.
- Fang M, Tzeng G. Combining grey relation and TOPSIS concepts for selecting an expatriate host country. Mathematical and Computer Modeling. 2004, 46. 1473-1490.
- Ping Y, yang H. Using hybrid grey model to achieve revenue assurance of telecommunication companies. Journal of grey system. 2004, 7. 39-50.
- Chang Ch. Managing business attributes and performance for commercial names. Journal of American Academy of Business. 2006, 9 (1). 104-109.
- Shabani Bahar Gh R, Parsaju A. Reviewing And Optimizing the Performance Evaluation Indicators of Athletic Boards of Hamedan Province (In Persian). Contemporary Studies on Sport Management. 2014. 3(6), 39-47.
- Zhou R, Wang D, Xu B, Tong G. Clustering the Risk of Product Injuries Based on Grey Correlation Analysis. Journal of Information & Computational Science. 2015, 12(7). 2829-2837.
- Chang D Y. Applications of the extent analysis method on fuzzy AHP. European Journal of Operational Research. 1996, 95(3). 649–655.
- Tabaiyan S A. The Performance of Colleges Principals and Physical Education Groups and Their Relationship with Power Bases from Their Point of View and Faculty Members (In Persian). Isfahan, University of Isfahan. Proceedings of the Sixth National Conference on Physical Education and Sport Sciences 2003.
- Hematinejad M A, Ramezaninejad R. Supervision Evaluation on Physical Education (In Persian). 2nd ed, Amol: Sustainable North Edition. 2008.
- Hami M. The Efficiency of Judo Associations in the Provinces of the Country through Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA) (Phd) (In Persian). Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, Islamic Azad University, Science and Research Branch, Tehran. 2013.
- Masoumi H. Designing a Comprehensive Model for Assessing the Quality of Performance of Federations with Entropy-Fuzzy Approach (MA) (In Persian). Islamic Azad University Central Tehran Branch. 2012.
- Malekiyan A, Hasanpour S, Faraji Sabokbar H A, Alavi Panah S K, Rahimi S. Application and Comparison of Gray-Cluster Analysis and Analytical Hierarchy Process Models in Locating Suitable Fields for Flood Dispersion (In Persian). Journal of Watershed Management Science and Engineering 2013. 20, 35-46.
- Kuo Y, Yang T, Hung G. The use of grey relational analysis in solving multiple attribute decision making problems. Journal of Computers and Industrial Engineering. 2008, 55. 80-93.