Document Type : Research Paper
Associate Professor of Sport Management, Faculty of Sport Sciences, Islamic Azad University, Isfahan (Khorasgan) Branch, Isfahan, Iran
MSc, Islamic Azad University, Sanandaj Branch, Kordestan, Iran
Ph.D. Student of Sport Management, University of Tehran (Qom Campus), Qum, Iran
The aim of the present study was to determine the relationship between communication skills and social capital in sport organizations of Hamadan province. This research method was descriptive and survey. The population consisted of all employees of sport organizations in Hamadan province. 205 employees of sport organizations of Hamadan province were selected as the sample using cluster and stratified random sampling method. In order to collect data, the Communication Skills Questionnaire (reliability=0.84) and Social Capital Questionnaire (reliability=0.91) were used. To describe the data, descriptive statistics were used; to examine the effects of observed variables on latent variables, inferential statistics, simple and multiple regression and structural equation modeling were used. The results showed a good correlation between communication skills and citizenship behavior and social capital (r=0.569, P=0.05). Also, based on the results of structural equation modeling, communication skills affected (0.21) the acquisition of social capital in the employees of sport organizations in Hamadan province. The results of the path analysis confirmed communication skills on social capital in the conceptual model of the study. Management and communication sciences especially organizational behavior are very beneficial to understand the views and attitudes of individuals. The necessity of recognizing and knowing communication skills and social capital and explaining their relationship in sport organizations facilitates an effective and efficient organization
- Alwani, Seyyed Mehdi (2001). Social Capital: Concepts and Criticisms. Journal of Studies and Management, No. 33 (34): p. 326. (in Persian)
- Amini, Mahnoosh (2012). "The Effectiveness of Communication Skills Training on Organizational Citizenship Behavior of Nurses". Journal of Education in Medical Sciences. 10(1): P. 12. (in Persian)
- Andeshmand, Vida (2009). "Identifying the components of social capital in universities in order to provide a model for its promotion." Quarterly Journal of Management and Leadership, Second Year, 291): pp. 24-9. (in Persian)
- Bellagiorian, Mestana (2013). "The study of the relationship between the components of social capital and sports participation among young people." Sports Management, 17(1): pp. 127-109. (in Persian)
- Patten, Robert, (2012). "Democracy and Civic Traditions (Italian Experience and Lessons for Transition Countries.") Translation: Delfroso (2002). Tehran: Office of Political Studies and Research of the Ministry of the Interior, First Edition, p.29. (in Persian)
- Khodadad, Shole. (2012). "Design, validation and validation of Social Capital Inventory in Physical Education Organization". Sports Management, 13(1): P. 64-45. (in Persian)
- Khorengah, Kobra, Orey Yazdani, Badruddin, Roshan,Aligoli (2011). "The Impact of Organizational Citizenship Behavior on Social Capital". Co-op, Year Twenty-Two, New Course. 14(1): p.14. (in Persian)
- Robbins, Stefan P. (1997). "Organizational Behavior (Concepts, Theories, Applications)". Translation: Ali Parsayan and Mahdar Arabi. Publications Office of Cultural Studies. Tehran, p. 5. (in Persian)
- Zare, Hamid (2004). "The role of organizational behavior in organizational performance." Management culture. 6(1): p. 169. (in Persian)
- Soltani, Iraj. (1995). "Applied Skills of Producer Managers." Management Ranking. 21(1): p. 46. (in Persian)
- Nazari, Rasool, (). "Presentation of Structural Equation Modeling the Effect of Communication Skills on Managerial Skills of Sport Managers". Applied Research in Management and Life Sciences in Sport. 1(1): pp. 20-11. (in persian)
- Adler, P., Krown. C. (2008). “Social Capital: Prospects for a new concept”.Academy of management Review, 27(1): pp. 17-40.
- Bienstock, C. Carol, Demoranville, W. Carol, Smith, K. Rachel (2003). “Organizational Citizenship behavior and service quality”. Journal of services marketing.17 (4).pp 357-378.
- Brooks K, MuyiaNafukho F. (2006). “Human Resource Development, Social Capital, Emontional Intelligence any Link Productivity?” Journal of Eropean Industrial Traning., 30(1). .pp117-128.
- Comeau,D.J Griffith, R. L.(2005). “Structural interdependence, personality, and organizational citizenship behavior”. 3(1): p310.
- Darcy, H. Maxwell, M. Edwards, J. Onyx, S. Sherker (2014). More than a sportand volunteer organization: Investigating social capital development in a sporting organization Original Research Article. Sport Management Review, In Press, Corrected Proof, Available online 28 February2014
- Gio, C., Ruey, L.C.W. Ling, L.C. (2006). “Social capital and organizational citizenship behavior: The role of psychological ownership, Graduate Institute of Human Resource”. Report No CPAH.pp.70-100.
- Jibao Gu, Yanbing Zhang, Hefu Liu (2014). Importance of social capital to student creativity within higher education in China Original Research Article. Thinking Skills and Creativity, 1291): pp. 14-25.
- Nazari.R,Ehsani.M,Ganjouei.A,Ghasemei.H.(2012).“Structural equation modeling of relationship and interpersonal communication on organizational effectiveness between sport managers”. African Journal of Business Management.6 (27), pp. 8136-8145.
- Nazari.R,Ehsani.M,Ganjouei.A,Ghasemei.H.(2011). “Communication Skill difference amonge Men and Women in sports”. Pan- Asian Journal of Sports and Physical Education. 3(1): P51.
- Stone, A and Shrader, E. (1999). “Social capital assessment tool”. Conference on social Capital and Poverty Reduction.pp.142-149.
- Yaghoubi, N.M., Yazdani, B. and Khornegah, K. (2012). "The relationship between organizational citizenship behavior (OCB) and social capital" (SC). American Journal of Scientific Research, 24, PP. 121-6.
- Holtom`brooks c. Mitchell`Terence r. lee`Thomas W. (2006).increasing human and social capital by applying job embeddedness theory. Organizational dynamics. 35: 316-331
- Khosravi. S. Nazari. R. Saleki. M. (2016). "Providing the Model of Communicative Skills Effectiveness on the Quantum Management Model of Managers and its Role on Organizational Agility of Sport Organizations". International Journal of Humanities and cultural Studies. 1 (2): 545-555.
- Nazari Rasool, Ghasemi Hamid, Sohrabi Zahra. (2015). the Relationship between Communication Skills, Leadership Styles, Organizational Culture and Managers Effectiveness in Sport Organizations and Structural Equation Modeling, Sport Management Research Report, and Motor Behavior. 11(21), pp. 102-93. (in Persian)
- Nazari, Rasool. Tahani, Majid (2014). Relationship between creativity and communication skills of sports managers. Journal of Communication Management in Sports Media. 5(1). pp: 51-58. (in Persian)
- Scheufele`dietram a. shandhavan v. (2000). Personality strength and social capital. Communication research. 2:107-131
- Seyyed Amiri, MirHossein. Savareh, Uthman. Ebrahimi, Loghman. (2015). the relationship between social capital and the quality of working life of the staff of the General Directorate of Sports and Youth of West Azarbaijan Province. Sports Management Journal. 3(1). Pp: 335-349. (in Persian)