Document Type : Research Paper
Academic Remember of Tabriz University
It is necessary to analyze the concept of brand to gain a proper framework. So, the aim of this study was to develop a branding model in Iran sport industry with an emphasis on the dynamic environment. This study was exploratory and qualitative. Data were collected by snowball sampling method and through in-depth interviews from 15 branding experts. Then, through a three-step coding according to paradigm approach, the final model was obtained. The paradigmatic model showed the causal conditions required for the formation and branding in the sports industry, the contextual condition that caused the importance of branding in recent decades, as well as the mediating condition which facilitated and/or accelerated branding in sports industry. Also, the necessary branding process and strategies (actions and interactions) were explored and brand loyalty was introduced as an outcome.
- Aaker, D. A. (2013). "Strategic Market Management". 10th Edition. John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Aaker, D.A. (1991). "Managing brand equity", The Free Press, New York.
- Ballouli, K., & Heere, B. (2014). "Sonic branding in sport: A model for communicating brand identity through musical fit". SportManagement Review. doi: 10.1016/j.smr.2014.03.001
- Benito-Ostolaza, J. M., & Sanchis-Llopis, J. A. (2014). "Training strategic thinking: Experimental evidence". Journal of Business Research, 67(5), 785-789.
- Corbin, J. (1998). "Alternative interpretations: Valid or not?" Theory & Psychology, 8(1), 121-128
- Danaeefard, h. And Mozaffari, g. (2007). "Improve the reliability and validity in qualitative research management: an open audit of research strategies". Research Management, 131-162: (1) 1.(in Persian).
- Doyle, J. P., Pentecost, R. D., & Funk, D. C. (2013). "The effect of familiarity on associated sponsor and event brand attitudes following negative celebrity endorser publicity".Sport Management Review. doi: 10.1016/j.smr.2013.10.003
- Duncan, T., (2006). "Principles of Advertising & Integrated Marketing Communications", 2nd Edition, New Delhi, TMH,.
- Eschenfelder, M.J., & Li, M. (2007). "Economics of Sport" (2nd ed.). Morgantown, WV: Fitness Information Technology
- Farahani, A. 0 .(2013). "The effect of marketing mix elements on brand equity in sports services." Applied Research in Management, Second Year, No. 2 (6 s), Fall 1392, pp. 20-11 .(in Persian).
- Ghafarian, and, Kiani, Gh. (2004). "Five Commandments for strategic thinking". Maple Press. Tehran .(in Persian)..
- Gerke, A., Chanavat, N., & Benson-Rea, M. (2014)." How can Country-of-Origin image be leveraged to create global sporting goods brands?" Sport Management Review, 17(2), 174-189. doi: 10.1016/j.smr.2013.06.001.
- Gillis, R. (2006). "The Future of Sports Marketing", Sport Business Report, Sport Business Group.
- Hooman, H. (2009). "Practical Handbook of qualitative research". Tehran: the study and preparation of books of Social Sciences (SAMAT).
- Javani, v. (2012). "The effect of brand loyalty successful teams in the Premier League football fans". Journal of Applied Research and Science in Sports Management. No. 2, pp. 89 -98 .(in Persian).
- Kavaratzis M and Ashworth GJ, (2006). "City Branding: An Effective Assertion of Identity or a Transitory Marketing Trick?". Place Branding and Public Diplomacy, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 183-194.
- Kotler, P. (2008). "The New Strategic Brand Management" .London and Philadelphia, kogan-page.
- Kunkel, T., Doyle, J. P., & Funk, D. C. (2014). "Exploring sport brand development strategies to strengthen consumer involvement with the product – The case of the Australian A-League". Sport Management Review. doi: 10.1016/j.smr.2014.01.004.
- Kvale S. (1996), InterViews: "An Introduction to Qualitative Research Interviewing." SAGE Publications, Esfand 24, 1374 AP - Business & Economics.
- Mintzberg, H., Ahlstrand, B. and Lampel, J. (1998). "Strategy Safari", Free Press, New York.
- Moharramzadeh, M, Akbari, R. (2013). "The relationship between customer loyalty and strengthening of national brand in the professional leagues of football and volleyball." Applied research in sport management, (4). Spring 1392. Pp 78-71.(in Persian).
- Moon, B.-J. (2013). "Antecedents and outcomes of strategic thinking". Journal of Business Research, 66(10), 1698-1708. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016 /j.jbusres .2012.
- Parent, M. M., & Séguin, B. (2008). "Toward a model of brand creation for international large-scale sporting events: The impact of leadership, context, and the nature of the event". Journal of Sport Management, 22(5), 526-549.
- Parkerson, B; Saunders, J. (2005). "City branding: Can goods and services branding models be used to brand cities?" Place Branding, Volume 1, Number 3, pp. 242-264(23).
- Schultz, M. & de Chernatony, L. (2002). "Introduction: the challenges of corporate branding". Corporate Reputation Review, 5 (2/3).
- Shahamatzade, M. (2010). "Measuring the strategic thinking of the leaders of Tehran." Thesis of School of Management, Tehran University. .(in Persian).