Document Type : Research Paper
PhD Candidate, Department of sport management, University of Mazandaran, Mazandaran ,Iran
Professor, Department of sport management, University of Mazandaran, Mazandaran ,Iran
Associate Professor, Department of sport management, University of Mazandaran, Mazandaran ,Iran
Sport clubs have an important role in the people’s sporting activities; these clubs are important not only for the competitive, the elite sport but also for the public sport. The objective of conducting the present research is the comparative study of the sport clubs in Iran and the selected European Countries. The present research has been done among the countries in 2019 taking a qualitative research method as well as utilizing a comparative approach in terms of spatial and temporal adaptation level. We usually consider a research as the comparative one in which the comparison data of at least two societies have been used. Therefore, nine countries, France, Denmark, Poland, Germany, Netherlands, Spain and Austria and Greece and England have been selected. The sampling was done in a purposeful way. Then, the four stages-description, interpretation, juxtaposition and comparison of the structural adaptation- have been fulfilled utilizing Bereday’s model. The results have shown a lot of similarities, in many cases, between the countries being studied regarding the role and the position of the sport clubs despite different cultural and political origins in their formation. We can provide conditions for strengthening and developing the clubs in the country considering the strengths of such fundamentals in the countries being studied utilizing those strengths in the activities of the sport clubs in the country.
- Breuer C, Hoekman R, Nagel S, van der Werff H. Sport clubs in Europe: Springer ; 2015.
- Sattari fard S, & Sadeghi Pour N. Expert comment on: Ministry of Sport and Youth Goals, Duties and Powers.2017.( In Persian)
- Majd Ara A, Shajie R, MohammadiRaouf M. Sport for all Discourse in international system: sport for all federation. (In Persian)
- Downward P, Bernd F R, Humphreys B, PawlowskiT E, RuseskiJane J P,Soebbing B. The SAGE Handbook of Sports Economics: Sage Publications Ltd..2019
- Skille E Å . Understanding sport clubs as sport policy implementers: a theoretical framework for the analysis of the implementation of central sport policy through local and voluntary sport organizations. International review for the sociology of sport,. .2008:43(2):181-200.
- Elmose-Østerlund K, Seippel Ø, Llopis-Goig R, van der Roest J-W, Adler Zwahlen J, Nagel S. Social integration in sports clubs: individual and organisational factors in a European context. European Journal for Sport and Society. 2019;16(3);90-268.
- Nichols G, Taylor Sport clubs in England Sport clubs in Europe. Springer.2015;111-130. Weiss O, Norden G. Sport clubs in Austria Sport Clubs in Europe . Springer. 2015;29-45.
- Downward P, Dawson A, DejongheT. Sports economics. Routledge
- Bidram R, Saffari B, Daruvar D. Estimation of Economic Value of Foolad Mobarakeh Sepahan Football Club for Isfahan. Urban Economics Journal. 2017;2(1):37-50 (In Persian)
- Gratton, C., & Kokolakakis, T. United kingdom: Dominance of the Commercial Sector in the Sport Market The Private Sport Sector in Europe. Springer .2017;325-342.
- Heinemann, K. (1999). Sport clubs in various European countries .Schattauer Verlag.1999.
- sajjadi S A. Designing structural pattern for sport in Iran. (Phd), Faculty Of Physical Education and Sport Science, Mazandaran.2017.( In Persian)
- Khalili R. Designing system structural sport clubs: Iran Physical Education Organization.2007.(Persian).
- Iran of ministry of sport and youth performancr report.2017. (Persian)
- Ghafari G R. The logic of comparative research. Iranian Social Studies. 2010;3(4); 76-92. (Persian)
- Laine A, Vehmas H. The Private Sport Sector in Europe. Springer. 2017;2-3.
- Nagel S.Sport clubs in change. Actor theoretic analyses of the development of sports: Schorndorf, Hofmann.
- Esmaeili M, Kalateh Seifari M, Zareian H. Analysis of affective factors on the status of IRANos Fitness club via qualitative approach. Sport Management Studies. 2019;11(53) ; 59-82.
- Farahani A, Ghahfarokhi Ali doust E, Ghahfarokhi Derakhshandeh T. Investigate Problems and Obstacles to Private Sports Clubs in Shahrekord. Journal of Sport Management.2014:7(1); 53-67. (In Persian)
- Hallmann K, Petry K. Comparative sport development: Springer.
- Chavinier-Réla S, Bayle E, Barget E. Sport clubs in France Sport Clubs in Europe. Springer. 2015; 161-185.
- Scheerder A W, Claes E. Sport policy systems and sport federations. A cross-national perspective .2017;263-282.
- Ibsen B, Nichols G, Elmose-Østerlund K, Breuer C, Claes E, Disch J, NagelS. Sports club policies in Europe: A comparison of the public policy context and historical origins of sports clubs across ten European countries: University of Southern Denmark. 2016.
- IbsenB, Østerlund K, LaubT. Sport clubs in Denmark Sport Clubs in Europe.2015:85-109.
- Piątkowska M. Sport Clubs in Poland Sport clubs in Europe. Springer .2015:325-341.
- Breuer C, Feiler S, Wicker P. Sport clubs in Germany Sport clubs in Europe. Springer.2015:187-208.
- Alexandris K, Balaska P. Sport clubs in Greece Sport clubs in Europe. Springer. 2015:209-219.
- van der Werff, H., Hoekman, R., & van Kalmthout, J. (2015). Sport clubs in the Netherlands Sport Clubs in Europe. Springer. 2015:271-290.
- Llopis-Goig R, Vilanova A .Sport clubs in Spain Sport clubs in Europe . Springer. 2015:381-400.
- Camy J, Clijs L, Madella A. Pilkington A. Improving employment in the field of sport in Europe through vocational training, Vocasport project. Education and Culture DG, Brussels.2004.
- Hoekman R, van der Werff H, Nagel S, Breuer C. A cross-national comparative perspective on sport clubs in Europe. Sport Clubs in Europe: Springer; 2015. p. 419-35
- Iran sixth development plan in sport field, ministry of sport and youth .2017, (In Persian)
- Wicker P , Feiler S, Breuer (2013). Organizational mission and revenue diversification among non- profit sports clubs. International Journal of Financial Studies .2013:1(4):119-136.
- Coates D, Wicker P, Feiler S, Breuer C. A bivariate probit examination of financial and volunteer problems of non-profit sport clubs. International journal of sport finance. 2014;9(3):230.
- Nagel S, Seippel Ø, Breuer C, Feiler S, Elmose-Østerlund K, Llopis-Goig R, et al. Volunteer satisfaction in sports clubs: A multilevel analysis in 10 European countries. International Review for the Sociology of Sport. 2019.
- Corthouts J, Thibaut E, Breuer C, Feiler S, James M, Llopis-Goig R, et al. Social inclusion in sports clubs across Europe: determinants of social innovation. Innovation: The European Journal of Social Science Research. 2020;33(1):21-51.