Document Type : Research Paper
1. Associate Professor, Department of Sport Management, Faculty of Sport Sciences, University of Isfahan, Isfahan, Iran.
2. PhD Student, Department of Sport Management, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, Tehran University, Tehran, Iran.
The criterion for determining the global position and authority and the basis of countries' development depends on the amount of science production and research achievements of each country, and this is very important due to the various functions of sport sciences at the individual and community levels. Hence, the aim of this research was to design a paradigm model of promoting the position of Iran's sport sciences in the world based on the Grounded Theory. This research was a qualitative research, with a fundamental exploratory nature, that was performed with using the systematic approach of Strauss and Corbin. The population consisted of prominent professors in the field of sports sciences and participants selected by employing the purposive sampling method. 10 in-depth interviews were conducted in a semi-structured manner and the data were analyzed in three stages of open, axial and selective coding which, 71 concepts, 36 categories and 16 theorems were determined. Based on the results, support of the knowledge-based organizations, knowledge management of individuals in the field of research and operations, cooperation and alignment of scientific and sports activities between the universities and other related organizations, development of scientific communications, culture and research motivation, in the field of sports science, were introduced as effective strategies. In this regard, improving and developing Iran's scientific interactions in the field of sports science at the international level, upgrading the scientific level of research centers and universities, developing the sports industry and improving the performance of the country’s sport society are the consequences.
- Yaminifirouz M, Razavi mh, Hosseini E, Adabi Firozjah H, Narimani H. Survey of qualitative and quantitative growth of Iran scientific production in the sport sciences field: A study in ISI. Caspian Journal of Scientometrics. 2014;1(1):28-32. (In Persian).
- Ratten V. Sport entrepreneurship and public policy: future trends and research developments. Journal of Entrepreneurship and Public Policy. 2019;8(1):207-16.
- amini M, atghia N, norouzi seyed hoseini R. Identifying Components and Levels of Knowledge-Based Economy in Sport. Sport Management Studies. 2020;12(60):41-60. (In Persian).
- Zarko K, Raymund T, Nicol V, Elmarie T. The Perception of Sport Science Relevance and Application in South African Coaches and Athletes. South African Journal for Research in Sport. 2017;39(2).
- Sotudeh H, Salesi M, Didegah F, Bazgir B. Does Scientific Productivity Influence Athletic Performance? An Analysis of Countrie's Performances in Sciences, Sport Sciences and Olympic Games. International Journal Of Information Science And Management. 2013;10(2):27-41. (In Persian).
- Sabeti M, Homayonsepehr M, Ahmadi F. The Role of Higher Education in National Education. Journal of Iranian Social Development Studies. 2014;4(6):60-9. [in persian]
- Fadayi S, Niazazari K, Taghvayi yazdi M. Presentation a model for creating an entrepreneurial University based on Futures study techniques and scince prodction in the educational system. Journal of New Approaches in Educational Administration. 2018;8(32):1-18. (In Persian).
- Duc NH. The Third Generation University in the Context of the Fourth Industrial Revolution. VNU Journal of Science: Education Research; Vol 36 No 1DO - 1025073/2588-1159/vnuer4374. 2020;36(9):1-15.
- Goudarzvand chegini M. The fourth generation university labor; and action approach (case studies: Cambridge, Stanford, and Harvard universities. Iranian Journal of Engineering Education. 2018;20(78):1-16. (In Persian).
- Dusdal J, Powell JJW, Baker DP, Fu YC, Shamekhi Y, Stock M. University vs. Research Institute? The Dual Pillars of German Science Production, 1950–2010. Minerva. 2020;58(3):319-42.
- Powell J. Higher Education and the Exponential Rise of Science: Competition and Collaboration. Emerging Trends in the Social and Behavioral Sciences. 2018:1-17.
- Web of Science Retrieved from: https://clarivate.libguides.com/incites_ba2020
- Madhoushi M, Niyazi E. Examining the Position of Iranian Higher Education in the World. Iranian Higher Education. 2010;2(4):113. (In Persian).
- kazemi a. Problems of Measuring the Scientific Production of the Country. Health Information Management. Health Information Management. 2008;5(2):175-8. [in persian]
- Veljović D, Međedović B, Ostojić SM. Current Research Problems in Sport Sciences. TIMS Acta. 2011;5: 37-46.
- Fullagar HHK, McCall A, Impellizzeri FM, Favero T, Coutts AJ. The Translation of Sport Science Research to the Field: A Current Opinion and Overview on the Perceptions of Practitioners, Researchers and Coaches. Sports medicine (Auckland, NZ). 2019;49(12):1817-24.
- boroumand M, hemmatinejad M, ramezaninejad R, razavi M, malekakhlagh E. Investigating Barriers to Employment of Physical Education and Sports Science Graduates in Iran. Journal of Sports Management and Motor Behavior. 2011;7(14):51-72. [in persian]
- Rafat RN. Criteria of Validity and Reliability in Qualitative Research. Journal of Qualitative Research in Health Sciences. 2018;6(4):493-9. (In Persian).
- Gholipoor R, Esmaili MR, Honari H, Ghorbani MH. Codification the Development Model of Knowledge Management in Ministry of Youth and Sports by Using Grounded Theory. Research on Educational Sport. 2018;5(13):193-214. (In Persian).
- Dastoom S, Ramezani Nezhad R, benar N, Rasouli R. Survey of interactions administrative departments and industry sport in Iran Based on the Analysis Documents and structural. Applied Research in Sport Management. 2013;2(2):91-109. (In Persian).
- Vries EdWd, Dolfsma WA, Windt HJvd, Gerkema MP. Knowledge transfer in university–industry research partnerships: a review. The Journal of Technology Transfer. 2018;44:1236–55.
- Moher D, Naudet F, Cristea IA, Miedema F, Ioannidis JPA, Goodman SN. Assessing scientists for hiring, promotion, and tenure. PLoS biology. 2018;16(3):e2004089.
- Seyednaghavi M, Poorbehroozan A, Seraji R. Identifying the of weak relationship between University and industry and providing solutions for improving this relationship. Majlis and Rahbord. 2019;26(99):35-61. (In Persian).
- Khosravizadeh E, Haghdadi A, Kamankesh A. Barriers and strategies for relationship between sport industry and higher education institutions in Markazi Province. Research on Educational Sport. 2015;3(8):15-36. (In Persian).
- Keramatfar A, Noroozi Chakoli A, Esparaein F. Quantity or Quality? Comparative assessment of the science production of Iran, Turkey and Malaysia during 1996-2013. Caspian Journal of Scientometrics. 2015;2(1):33-8. (In Persian).
- Norouzi A, Abolghasemi M, Gahramani M. Science Creatting Strategy based on Organizational Structures and Management Style for High Educations Centers. Journal of Strategic Management Studies. 2013;3(12):123-43. (In Persian).
- Yaghobi M, Sohrab poor S, Eslami Mr, Ghaffari Mm. Science and Technology Development in Engineering Sciences in Iran and its Comparison with Some Countries of the World. Iranian Journal of Engineering Education. 2006;8(31):57-94. (In Persian).
- Gozalzadeh A, Dana A, Afshari M. Identification of Factors Affecting the Growth of Knowledge Based Companies in Sport. Sport Physiology &Management Investigations. 2020;12(1):151-9. (In Persian).
- Khanmoradi S, Sajjadi N, Zardoshtian S. Establishing a Knowledge-based Company in the Field of Sports Science: A Model with Mixed Approach. Applied Research of Sport Management. 1398;8(3):113-28. (In Persian).
- Bishop D. An applied research model for the sport sciences. Sports medicine (Auckland, NZ). 2008;38(3):253-63.
- Baghernezhad P, Taherpour H, Bahrami H. Identifying Factors Affecting Successful Implementation of the Approved Policy Supporting Knowledge-based Companies and Institutes and Commercializing Innovation and Inventions. Journal of Management and Development Process. 2017;29(4):79-114. (In Persian).