Document Type : Research Paper
Student of Sport Management, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Mashhad, Iran
Assistant Professor, Sport Management Department, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Ph.D. Student of Sport Management, Faculty of Sport Sciences, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Mashhad, Iran
Master of Sports Marketing Management, Faculty of Physical Education and Sports Sciences, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Today, the brand is considered a valuable asset and a competitive advantage for a product. The purpose of this study was to examine the role of marketing mix on brand power and brand experience in sports apparel industry in Iran. The research method was descriptive and correlational. 391 customers of department stores or authorized brands of indoor and outdoor sports shops of Tehran metropolitan area completed the 3 instruments of this study: Mixed marketing questionnaire (Dadana et al., 2015), (α = 0.78), The Brand Power Questionnaire (Acer, 1991) (α = 0.82) and the Brand Experience Questionnaire (Rezaei, 2015), (α = 0.85) assessed marketing mix, brand power and brand experience in sports apparel, respectively. Data were analyzed using Kolmogorov-Smirnov tests, independent t-test and structural equation modeling. All data were analyzed by SPSS24 and PLS 2 software at the significant level p
- Sarlab, R., Askarian, F., Asghar Pour, H. (2018). Exchange Rate Pass-Through on Import Price Index of Iran Sports Goods: ARDL Pattern Approach. Sport Management Studies, 10(50), 17-36. (In Persian)
- Azadi, R., Yousefi, B., Eydi, H. (2015). The role of media and advertising, to promote brand equity in the sports apparel industry. Communication Management in Sport Media, 2(2), 66-75. (In Persian)
- Wang, Y., Wang, Y., & Li, M. X. (2019). Regional characteristics of sports industry profitability: Evidence from China’s province level data. Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, 525, 946-955.
- Sarlab, M., Khodadadi, M., Sarlab, R. (2017). Forecasting and Modeling of Iran's Sporting Goods Exports Using ARIMA Model during 1992-1999. Journal of Sport Management and Motor Behavior. No. 26. pp. 170-157. (In Persian)
- Mortazavi-far, S., Farzan, F., shirkhodaie, M. (2018). Investigation the role of gender in choosing color sports clothing among academics society of Mazandaran University. Journal of Sport Management and Motor Behavior, 14(27), 177-188. (In Persian)
- Ko, E., Taylor, C., Sung, H., Lee, J., Wagner, U., Navarro, D., Wang, F. (2012). Global marketing segmentation usefulness in the sportswear industry. Journal of Business Research. 65, 264-282.
- Kharazmi, E., Farkhani Ozroudi, M. B., Amani, H. (2012). "Determining the Attributes of Athletes' Loyalty of National Teams of Sports Federations to Sportswear and Brands". Sport Management Studies, No. 27, pp. 46-31. (In Persian)
- Moody, D., Mirkazemi, A., Vahdani, M. (2015). The Relationship between Brand Characteristics and Brand Loyalty in Sport Shoes Product. Contemporary Research in Sport Management. No. 9. pp. 61-71. (In Persian)
- Maehle, N; Shneor, R. (2010). "Between brand and human personalities. On congruence. "Journal of Product & Brand Management. 19(1), p: 44–53.
- Ashouri, S. (2017). Presentation of an Empirical Marketing Model for Sport Brands Customers in Tehran. Master thesis. Physical education and sports science. Shahid Beheshti University of Tehran. (In Persian)
- Quan, N., Chi, N., Nhung, D., Ngan, N., & Phong, L. (2020). The influence of website brand equity, e-brand experience on e-loyalty: The mediating role of e-satisfaction. Management Science Letters, 10(1), 63-76.
- Kim, R. B., & Chao, Y. (2019). Effects of Brand Experience, Brand Image and Brand Trust on Brand Building Process: the Case of Chinese Millennial Generation Consumers. Journal of International Studies, 12(3), 9-21.
- Rezaei, M., Hamidi, M., Sajjadi, N., Henry, H. (2015). Investigation of Psychometric Indicators of Empirical Marketing Brands Questionnaire for Sport Brands. Contemporary Research in Sport Management. No. 9, pp. 23-33. (In Persian)
- Takali, H. (2016). Factors Affecting Brand Equity of Sport Organization (IRI National Olympic Committee). Journal of Sport Management, 8(5), 727-739. (In Persian)
- Rambocase, M. Kirpalani, V. M. & Simms, E. (2017). Brand equity and customer behavioral intentions: A mediated moderated model. International Journal of Bank Marketing. 36(1), 19-40.
- Wang, L. & Ding, Y. (2017). An exemption for strong brands: The influence of brand community rejection on brand evaluation, European Journal of Marketing, 51(5/6), 1-41.
- Heydari, R, Dehghan Ghahfarokhi, A, Alidoust Ghahfarokhi, E. (2019). Comparison of Marketing Mix of Domestic and Foreign Sports Apparel Brands, Journal of Motor and Behavioral Sciences, (2) 4, 283-298. (in prsian)
- Zamaneh Dadaneh, K., Elahi, A., Amirnejad, S., Almasi, S. (2014). "Investigating the Complexity of External Sports Marketing and Apparel from Customers' Viewpoint (Adidas Case Study)" Journal of Sport Management and Motor Behavior. , No. 22, 1971-190. (In Persian)
- Molanoroozi, K., rezaei, M., Khodadad Kashi, S. (2018). The regression model between the strength of brand and sports customers loyalty Abstract. Journal of Sport Management, (), -. (In Persian)
- Dehghan Ghahfarokhi, A & Heydari, R. (2020). Investigating the role of marketing mix on the strength of sportswear brand. New trend in sport management. (8)30, 15-32. (in persian)
- Cleff, T., Dorr, S., Vicknair, A., and Walter, N. (2013). Brand Experience: How It Relate To Brand Personality, Consumer Satisfaction And Consumer Loyalty.
- Sharma, R. (2017). Experiential Marketing: A Review of Its Process for Customer Satisfaction. International Journal of Innovative Research and Development.ISSN 2278–0211, 6(1).
- Sharma, R. (2017). "Understanding the Role of Store Image in Influencing Customer-based Brand Equity and Its Dimensions in Indian Sportswear Industry". Management and Labour Studies 42(3) 167–189.
- Mukiira, E. M., Musau, M. C., & Munyao, M. J. (2017). Effect of experiential marketing in building brand equity: a case of selected unilever tanzania brands. International Journal of Supply Chain Management, 2(1), 1-31.
- Mirzaei, J., Hosseini, S. (2017). The Effect of Sensory Marketing on Customer Satisfaction, Trust and Loyalty to Sports Brands. Journal of Sport Management, 9(3), 549-564. (In Persian).
- Liu, S. Q., Wu, L. L., & Wang, C. Y. (2020). A creative-mix or variety-mix fusion experience? Examining marketing strategies for ethnic fusion restaurants. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 89, 102596.