Document Type : Research Paper
Department of physical Education and sport science, Islamic Azad University, Birjand, Iran*
PhD Student, Department of Sports Management, Sari Branch, Islamic Azad University, Sari, Iran
The purpose of this study was to develop a model of job performance and achieve the goals in relation to the effectiveness of sports NGO with the mediating role of Moral atmosphere in the staff of sports departments and youth of South Khorasan. The statistical population of the study consisted of all NGO employees and employees of sports and youth departments of South Khorasan province with 550 people. The statistical sample was selected according to Morgan table 225 people with randomly available method. In order to collect research data by field method from the standard job performance questionnaire of Harsi and Goldsmith (2009), researcher-made questionnaire on achieving goals of Asghari Darmian and Safaei (2019), researcher-made questionnaire to measure the effectiveness of Asghari Darmian and Safaei Measuring the effectiveness of Activity of sports NGO (2019) and The standard questionnaire for the Moral atmosphere of the Victor and Clone Organization is (2). Data were analyzed using descriptive and inferential statistical methods, Kolmogorov-Smirnov test and Path Analysis Method with SPSS software version 22 and Lizzrel 8.8. The results showed that the proposed research model has a good fit. Also, the Moral atmosphere mediates the relationship between the activities of sports NGO and job performance and achieving goals in the sports and youth departments of South Khorasan. Therefore, it is recommended to create a fair and moral atmosphere in sports and youth departments to provide the ground for further growth of these institutions in society.
http://kangan.ostb.ir. Iran: Semans or youth NGOs. (Updated 2020 October 7). http://kangan.ostb.ir/?part=menu&inc=menu&id=59. 2020. (In Persian)
- Swanson E, Kim S, Lee S-M, Yang J-J, Lee Y-K. The effect of leader competencies on knowledge sharing and job performance: Social capital theory. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management. 2020;42:88-96.
- McEwan D. The effects of perceived teamwork on emergent states and satisfaction with performance among team sport athletes. Sport, Exercise, and Performance Psychology. 2020;9(1):1.
- Sepahvand R, Rahimi Aghdam S, Arefnejad M. The role of perceived fairness in the relationship between organizational justice and employee performance. Public Administration. 2014;6(1):131-50. (In Persian)
- Badri Azarin Y, Hushang T. Relationship between cultural intelligence and individual performance of the staff of the General Directorate of Sports and Youth of East Azerbaijan Province. Sports Management. 2017;9(1):55-70. (In Persian)
- Yuen KF, Loh HS, Zhou Q, Wong YD. Determinants of job satisfaction and performance of seafarers. Transportation research part A: policy and practice. 2018;110:1-12.
- Sobaih AEE, Ibrahim Y, Gabry G. Unlocking the black box: Psychological contract fulfillment as a mediator between HRM practices and job performance. Tourism Management Perspectives. 2019;30:171-81.
- Sheikh Alizadeh Haris M, Tojjari F. The Impact of Transformational Leadership and Organizational Culture with Organizational Effectiveness in Sports Organizations. sports Management Studies. 2013;5(17):93-8. (In Persian)
- Zheng W, Yang B, McLean GN. Linking organizational culture, structure, strategy, and organizational effectiveness: Mediating role of knowledge management. Journal of Business research. 2010;63(7):763-71.
- Schiuma G, Lerro A. Intellectual capital and company's performance improvement. Measuring Business Excellence. 2008.
- Van Yperen NW, Dankers S, Elbe A-M, Sanchez X, Otten S. Perceived inclusion in youth soccer teams: The role of societal status and perceived motivational goal climate. Psychology of Sport and Exercise. 2021;53:101882.
- Boroumand Z. Payame Noor University Press.Organizational Behavior Management (Public Management). Tehran. 2018. (In Persian)
- Bayle E, Robinson L. A framework for understanding the performance of national governing bodies of sport. European sport management quarterly. 2007;7(3):249-68.
- Eydi H RR, Yousefi B, Sajjadi SN, Malekakhlagh E. Compressive review of organizational effectiveness in sport. Sport management international journal, Choregia. 2011;7(1):6-21. (In Persian)
- Sabiu MS, Kura KM, Mei TS, Raihan Joarder MH, Umrani WA. The mediating role of ethical climate in the relationship between performance appraisal and organizational performance. International Journal of Public Administration. 2019;42(8):642-53.
- Rezaei Manesh B. Study of Ethical Infrastructure in Public Services of Iran, Doctoral dissertation, Allameh Tabatabai University, Tehran. 2004. (In Persian)
- Khazani S, Shayestehfard M, Saeed-al-Zakererin M, Cheraghian B. Nurses’ perception of actual and ideal organizational ethical climate in hospitals of Ahwaz Jondishapour University of Medical Sciences in 1390-91. Medical Ethics and History of Medicine. 2013;6(2):99-110. (In Persian)
- Jakimow T. A moral atmosphere of development as a share: Consequences for urban development in Indonesia. World Development. 2018;108:47-56.
- Ye BH, Tung VWS, Li JJ, Zhu H. Leader humility, team humility and employee creative performance: The moderating roles of task dependence and competitive climate. Tourism Management. 2020;81:104170.
- Malloy D, Hadjistavropoulos T, Fahey-Mccarthy E. Culture, organizational climate and ontology: an international study of nurses. Nurs Ethics. 2009;16(6):719-33.
- Velasco Vizcaíno F, Martin SL, Cardenas JJ, Cardenas M. Employees’ attitudes toward corporate social responsibility programs: The influence of corporate frugality and polychronicity organizational capabilities. Journal of Business Research. 2021;124(C):538-46.
- Rahimi H, BaharLuie F. The effect of ethical atmosphere on trust in teamwork with the mediating role of ethical behavior. Quarterly Journal of Organizational Behavior Studies. 2018;7(2):129-158. (In Persian)
- Abbasi M, Khodayari Zrrnagh R. Ethical values in the light of organizational justice. Journal of Bioethics. 2011;1(2):83-98. (In Persian)
- Abbasi H, Fattahian N. The Effect of Strategic Learning on Organizational Performance with the Mediating Role of Strategic Agility (Case Study: Sports and Youth Departments of Hamadan and Kermanshah Provinces). Contemporary Research in Sports Management. 2018;8(15):29-43. (In Persian)
- Van Mierlo H, Van Hooft EA. Team achievement goals and sports team performance. Small Group Research. 2020;51(5):581-615.
- Guchait P, Abbott JL, Lee C-K, Back K-J, Manoharan A. The influence of perceived forgiveness climate on service recovery performance: The mediating effect of psychological safety and organizational fairness. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management. 2019;40:94-102.
- Asghari Darmian M, Safaei I. Designing a Model of the Effectiveness of Sport Semen Activities on Job Performance and Achieving Goals with Regard to the Ethical Mediator's Role in the Department of Sport and Youth Affairs of South Khorasan Province. Master Thesis. 2019. (In Persian)
- Victor B, Cullen JB. The organizational bases of ethical work climates. Administrative science quarterly. 1988:101-25.
- Najafi M, Karimi M, Qahramani Fard A, Rezvani M. Investigating the Relationship between Dimensions of Ethical Atmosphere and Job Satisfaction among the Employees of Education Departments of Isfahan, Ragheb Esfahani Institute of Higher Education. New educational approaches. 2010;5(2):1-22. (In Persian)
- Hooman H. Analysis of Multivariate Data in Behavioral Sciences. 2008. (In Persian)
- Misra R, Crist M, Burant CJ. Relationships among life stress, social support, academic stressors, and reactions to stressors of international students in the United States. International Journal of Stress Management. 2003;10(2):137.
- Weston R, Gore Jr PA. A brief guide to structural equation modeling. The counseling psychologist. 2006;34(5):719-51.
- Hooman H, Ahadi H, Sepah Mansour M, Sheikhi M. Modeling loneliness based on spiritual well-being, self-efficacy, and satisfaction from life. Psychological research. 2010;2(7):19-32. (In Persian)
- Mitonga-Monga J, Cilliers F. Ethics culture and ethics climate in relation to employee engagement in a developing country setting. Journal of Psychology in Africa. 2015;9(3):243-250.
- Arslan M. The work ethic values of protestant British, Catholic Irish and Muslim Turkish managers. Journal of Business Ethics. 2001;31(4):321-39.
- Itani OS, Jaramillo F, Chonko L. Achieving top performance while building collegiality in sales: It all starts with ethics. Journal of Business Ethics. 2019;156(2):417-38.
- Mulki J, Lassk FG. Joint impact of ethical climate and external work locus of control on job meaningfulness. Journal of Business Research. 2019;99:46-56.