Document Type : Research Paper
PHD student of sport management, Faculty of sport science, Urmia University, Urmia, Iran
- Professor, Faculty of sport science, Urmia University, Urmia, Iran
Assistant professor, Faculty of sport science, Urmia University, Urmia, Iran
The purpose of the present study was the prediction of sports involvement of students through leadership style of physical education teachers with investigation the mediating role of satisfaction and sports motivation. The research method was descriptive - correlational; in terms of objectives, it was an applied research conducted through a field study. Statistical population of this study included all the High school students in Shahindezh in the 97-98 academic year. The number of samples in this research was determined using a cluster sampling method and 242 individuals were sampled among male and female students. To collect the data, leadership scale for sport of Chelladurai and Saleh (1980), sports motivation of Ryan et al. (1997), athletes' satisfaction of Chelladurai and Riemer (1988) and sports involvement of Beaton et al. (2011) questionnaires were used. In order to present the research model, and convergence and divergence validity, the Mplus software was applied. The results showed that democratic and positive feedback leadership styles play an important role in creating sports motivation and increasing student satisfaction. Also, the results highlighted the mediating role of sports motivation and satisfaction in the relationship between leadership styles of sports teachers and sports involvement of student. The results showed that democratic and positive feedback leadership styles play an important role in creating sports motivation and increasing student satisfaction. Also, the results highlighted the mediating role of sports motivation and satisfaction in the relationship between leadership styles of sports teachers and sports involvement of student.
. Gillham A, Doscher M, Krumpos J, Diltz MM, Moe N, Allen S, et al. A Roundtable With College Strength and Conditioning Coaches: Working With Sport Coaches. International Sport Coaching Journal. 2019;6(1):98-109.
- Lund J, Tannehill D. Standards-based physical education curriculum development: Jones & Bartlett Publishers; 2014.
- Kweon B-S, Ellis CD, Lee J, Jacobs K. The link between school environments and student academic performance. Urban Forestry & Urban Greening. 2017;23:35-43.
- Greenberg E. How parkour coaches learn to coach: An exploration of parkour coach learning and development: Université d'Ottawa/University of Ottawa; 2017.
- Bolter ND, Petranek LJ, Dorsch TE. Coach, parent, and administrator perspectives on required coaching education in organized youth sport. International Journal of Sports Science & Coaching. 2018;13(3):362-72.
- Goharrostami Hr, Rabie Nodehi A, Nazarian a. Evaluating the governing pattern in physical education in schools from the teachers viewpoint based on the criteria National Association for Sport and Physical Education. Research on Educational Sport. 2020. (In Persian).
- Gholami torkslooye S, Yousefi B, Sadeghi boruojerdi S, Mahdavi F. Predicting organizational effectiveness based on emotional intelligence Of Ilam high school sport teachers. Scientific Journal Of Organizational Behavior Management in Sport Studies. 2014;1(4):103-12. (In Persian).
- Khosravizadeh E, Kamankesh A, Moghadasi H, Zohrevandian K. The relationship between Organizational Justice and Job Eengagement with Organizational Performance of coaches (case study: Arak Sports boards). Scientific Journal Of Organizational Behavior Management in Sport Studies. 2019;6(1):55-63. (In Persian).
- Heydari Alekasir A, Khatibi A, Heydarinejad S. The effect of coaching behavior on female Kabbadi athlete’s self-efficacy and sportspersonship. Scientific Journal Of Organizational Behavior Management in Sport Studies. 2018;5(3):79-89. (In Persian).
- Chelladurai P. Leadership. In R.N. Singer, M. Murphy, & L.K. Tennant (Eds.), The handbook on Research on Sport Psychology (pp. 647-671). New York: McMillan.1993.
- Hook LL. Athletic Identity, Vocational Identity, and Coaching Leadership Styles in College Student-Athletes and Non-Athletes, 2012, university of Kanadas.
- Roshandel Arbatani T. Explaining the position of the mass media in institutionalizing public sports in the country. Harkat. 2008;33(33):165-77. (In Persian).
- Zeigler EF. Sport management must show social concern as it develops tenable theory. Journal of Sport Management. 2007;21(3):297-318.
- Tahmasbi S. Social participation patterns in Iran. Urban studies quarterly. 2001, 58-67 (In Persian).
- Shabani A, Rezaee Soufi M, Farahani A. Study Challenges Sections quad of Sport in Iran (A Delphi Study). Contemporary studies of sport management. 2015;4(8):65-79. (Persian).
- Mehdizadeh R, Andam R. Developing strategies of "Sport for All" in Iran Universities. Sport Management Studies. 2014;6(22):15-38. (In Persian).
- Slater A, Tiggemann M. Gender differences in adolescent sport participation, teasing, self-objectification and body image concerns. Journal of adolescence. 2011;34(3):455-63.
- Beaton AA, Funk DC, Ridinger L, Jordan J. Sport involvement: A conceptual and empirical analysis. Sport Management Review. 2011;14(2):126-40.
- Coakley J, White A. Making decisions: Gender and sport participation among British adolescents. Sociology of sport journal. 1992;9(1):20-35.
- Drake KM, Longacre MR, MacKenzie T, Titus LJ, Beach ML, Rundle AG, et al. High school sports programs differentially impact participation by sex. Journal of Sport and Health Science. 2015;4(3):282-8.
- Antón C, Camarero C, Laguna-García M. Towards a new approach of destination loyalty drivers: Satisfaction, visit intensity and tourist motivations. Current Issues in Tourism. 2017;20(3):238-60.
- Koo SK. The Effect of Destination Image, Event Image, and Satisfaction in Determining Behavioral Intention: Recurring Small-scale Event. Doctoral dissertation, University of Georgia. 2013.
- Loughead TM, Carron AV. The mediating role of cohesion in the leader behavior–satisfaction relationship. Psychology of Sport and Exercise. 2004;5(3):355-71.
- Chelladurai P. Discrepancy between preferences and perceptions of leadership behavior and satisfaction of athletes in varying sports. Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology. 1984;6(1):27-41.
- Cakioglu a. leadership and satisfaction in soccer:examination of congruence and players’ position, in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree ofmaster of sciencein the department of physical education and sport, middle east technical university. 2003.
- Chelladurai P, Riemer HA. A classification of facets of athlete satisfaction. Journal of sport management. 1997;11(2):133-59.
- Coatsworth JD, Conroy DE. The effects of autonomy-supportive coaching, need satisfaction, and self-perceptions on initiative and identity in youth swimmers. Developmental psychology. 2009;45(2):320.
- Kao S-F, Chen Y-F, Watson JC, Halbrook M. Relationships between the congruence of required and perceived leadership behavior and satisfaction in athletes. Psychological reports. 2015;117(2):391-405.
- NoorBakhsh M, Mazarei E. Comparing the motivation of students and student athletes in their sports-oriented physical activity and its relationship to. Olympic, 2006; 14(2), 31-42. (Persian).
- Sarrazin P, Vallerand R, Guillet E, Pelletier L, Cury F. Motivation and dropout in female handballers: A 21‐month prospective study. European journal of social psychology. 2002;32(3):395-418.
- Qrbany R. Assessment needs and motivational factors internal and external employees case study of Islamic Azad University Abhar. Journal of Behavioral Sciences. 2010;2(4):91-18. (In Persian).
- Ghodratnama A, Heydarinejad S. Relationship between Sport Participation Motivation with Rate of Student’s Physical Activity in Shahid Chamran University of Ahwaz. Sport Management Studies, 2014; 5(18):189-202. (In Persian).
- Teodor CI, Claudiu M. The role of motivation in education through sport. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences. 2013;83:1054-1058.
- Yousefi B, Ahmadi B. The effect of physical educators’ autonomy-supportive behaviors on enjoyment of physical activity in adolescent girls: (Psychological needs and intrinsic motivation mediating role). Sport Psychology Studies. 2013;2(5):54-41. (In Persian).
- Moradi h, Kozehchiyan h, Ehsani m. The Relationship between Coaches' Bases of Power and Athletes’ Satisfaction in Women's Iran Handball Pro League Players. Journal of Sport Management. 2013;5(16):21-38. (In Persian).
- Ryan RM, Frederick CM, Lepes DS, Rubio N, Sheldon KM. Intrinsic motivation and exercise adherence. Int J Sport Psychol. 1997;28(4):335-54.
- Behnam M, Khabiri M, Halabian S, Ahmadi H, Bakhshandeh H. The Investigation of Fans' Involvement Levels in Selected Teams of the Football Premier League of Iran Based on Psychological Continuum Model. Journal of Sport Management. 2014;6(1):135-55. (In Persian).
- Aubert BA, Rivard S, Patry M. Development of measures to assess dimensions of IS operation transactions. Omega. 1996;24(6):661-80.
- Bagozzi RP, Yi Y. On the evaluation of structural equation models. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science. 1988;16(1):74-94.
- Fornell C, Larcker DF. Evaluating structural equation models with unobservable variables and measurement error. Journal of Marketing Research. 1981;18(1):39-50.
- Anderson JC, Gerbing DW. Structural equation modeling in practice: A review and recommended two-step approach. Psychological bulletin. 1988;103(3):411.
- Babaei Mobarakeh M, Kohandel M, Khodayari A, Noorbakhsh M, A. Z. Motivation Analysis of Sports Programs Viewers through Traditional and New Media. Applied Research in Sport Management. 2019;8(1):125-37. (In Persian).
- Moghaddam A, Vaezmousavi M, K, Namazizadeh M. The Effects of Task Difficulty and Attentional Focus Instructions on Balance Task Performance. HARKAT. 2008;36:23-37. (In Persian).
- Safari HR AM, Ghanbar Pour A. The effect of big five personality traits on Motivation to participate in sport among students of Shiraz University. Journal of Sport Management and Motor Behavior. 2019;15(29):1-15. (In Persian).
- Nikoo Goftar M, Sangani A, P. J. The Effectiveness of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Based on Mindfulness on Anxiety, Motivations and Performance of Track and Field Athletes. Scientific Journal Of Organizational Behavior Management in Sport Studies. 2019;6(2):55-65. (In Persian).
- Mohamed LM. Assessing the effects of transformational leadership: A study on Egyptian hotel employees. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management. 2016;27:49-59.
- Abelha DM, Carneiro PCdC, Cavazotte FdSCN. Transformational leadership and job satisfaction: Assessing the influence of organizational contextual factors and individual characteristics. Revista Brasileira de Gestão de Negócios. 2018;20(4):516-32.
- Cunningham R, Turner MJ. Using Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT) with Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) athletes to reduce irrational beliefs and increase unconditional self-acceptance. Journal of Rational-Emotive & Cognitive-Behavior Therapy. 2016;34(4):289-309.
- Carraça B, Serpa S, Rosado A, Palmi Guerrero J. A pilot study of a mindfulness-based program (mbsoccerp): the potential role of mindfulness, self-compassion and psychological flexibility on flow and elite performance in soccer athletes. Revista Iberoamericana de psicologia del ejercicio y el deporte. 2019;14(1):34-40.
- Mohammadi S, Abyar A. Providing Sport Website Quality Modeling with E-Loyalty in Physical Education Students: Mediating Role of E-satisfaction and Flow Experience. Sport Management Studies. 2019; 11 (55): 209-30. (In Persian).
- Hashemi Motlagh S, Aslankhani MA, Safania AM. The Mediating Role of Social Support and Self-Efficacy in Relationship between Perceived Environment and Participation in Physical Activity of Leisure Time in Employees. Sport Management Studies. 2019; 11(57):197-216. (In Persian).
- Eydi H, Abasi H, S. A. Investigating the Mediator Role of Attachment to Place in Relation between Place Satisfaction and Behavioral Intentions (Case Study: Sports Spectators of Volleyball Nations League). Communication Management in Sport Media. 2019;6(3):51-66. (In Persian).