Document Type : Research Paper
Ph. d student, Department of Physical Education, University of Kurdistan, Sanandaj, Iran
Professor, Department of Physical Education, University of Kurdistan, Sanandaj, Iran
Professor, Faculty of Economic, University of Sorbonne, Paris, France
Assistant Professor, Faculty of Computer Engineering, University of Shahid Rajaee Teacher Training, Tehran, Iran
Football player pricing helps clubs and managers perform best in the negotiation process to attract players. Therefore, the aim of the present study was to identify and weigh the performance variables affecting the pricing of Iranian football strikers. The research method was mixed method (qualitative-quantitative). the thematic analysis method was used to identify the performance variables, and Analytic Hierarchy Process was used to weigh the variables. The statistical population was consisted of all Iranian Individuals with AFC coaching professional qualifications, Iranian Premier League coaches and Football instructors. The sampling method was theorical selected and Finally, first interviews were conducted with 11 specialists, then asked them to complete the designed questionnaire. NVIVO10 software was used to analyze qualitative data and Expert Choice Software was used to analyze quantitative data. The results of the research indicate that the variables of goal scoring, assists and creating a chance with weights of. 0.231, 0.160, And 0.146 are the most important variables and variables of Sliding Tackles, defensive Aerial and Blocks with weights of 0.10, 0.10, And 0.009 Variables were the lowest weight. Goal scoring, assist, create chance and shooting also had the highest absolute weight among variables. It is recommended to pay attention to the variables of this research and the weight of each of them in the design of the pricing model of the striker players.
- Naghdi, Y. kaghazian, S. Afsharpi, A. "Analysis of economic factors affecting the income of football clubs (selected clubs in the world)” Journal of Economics of Development and Planning, 2013; 2(1). pp: 21-43) In Persian)
- Matesanz D, Holzmayer F, Torgler B, Schmidt SL, Ortega GJ “Transfer market activities and sportive performance in European first football leagues: A dynamic network approach” PLoS ONE, 2018; 13(12): e0209362. https://doi.org/ 10.1371/journal.pone.0209362.
- Ruijg, J, Ophem V, H. "Determinants of football transfers". Applied Economics Letters,2015; 22(1), 12-19.
- Byon, K. K., Zhang, J. J. \Connaughton, D. P. "Dimensions of general market demand associated with professional team sports: Development of a scale". Sport Management Review,2010; 13(2), 142-157.
- Pavlović, V, Milačić, S, Ljumović, I. “Controversies about the accounting treatment of transfer fee in the football industry. Management” Journal of Sustainable Business and Management Solutions in Emerging Economies,2014; 19(70), 17-24.
- He, M., Cachucho, R. Knobbe, A. "Football player’s performance and market value". In Proceedings of the 2nd workshop of sports analytics, European Con- ference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discov- ery in Databases (ECML PKDD). https://dtai.cs. kuleuven.be/events/MLSA15/papers/mlsa15 _ submission _2015; pp. 2
- Yiğit, A. T, Samak B, Kaya, T “Football Player Value Assessment Using Machine Learning Techniques” Springer Nature Switzerland, AISC 1029,2020; pp. 289–297, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-23756-1_36.
- Müller, O, Simons, A., & Weinmann, M. "Beyond crowd judgments: Data-driven estimation of market value in association football". European Journal of Operational Research,2017; 263(2), 611-624.
- Patnaik, D et al "A study of Prediction models for football player valuations by quantifying statistical and economic attributes for the global transfer market", proceeding of international conference on systems computation automation and network,2019; IEEE 978-1-7281-1524-5.pp3
- Kirschstein, T, Liebscher, S. “Assessing the market values of soccer players – a robust analysis of data from German” 1. and 2. Bundesliga, Journal of Applied Statistics,2018; pp. 1-14 DOI: 10.1080/02664763.2018.1540689.
- Yaldo, L, Shamir, L. "Computational estimation of football player wages". International Journal of Computer Science in Sport,2017; 16(1), 18-38.
- Poli, R, Ravenel, L, Besson, R. "Scientific evaluation of the transfer value of football players", CIES Football Observatory Monthly Report n°53, 2020; pp.1-5.
- Jerest Shamsabadi. P. “Valuation of professional football players based on their performance, using the capital asset pricing model” Master Thesis, Department of Financial Management, Faculty of Administrative Sciences and Economics, University of Isfahan.2010 (In Persian).
- SH. Zangiabadi. M. Talebpur. M. “Determining the role of affecting factors on the evaluation of Iranian Premier League Football players” Journal of Human Resource Management in Sports,2016; 3 (2): 121-136. (In Persian).
- M. Memari, Z. Mosavi. M. “Equivalent to the pricing of the Iranian Premier League Football players” Economic Research,2015; 51 (1): 25-40. (In Persian).
- M. Reza. SH. Miyali. Z. “Selection of players based on effective indicators with the approach of expert evaluation algorithm and Aras technique (Case study of Shahroud University basketball team)” Contemporary researchs in sport management.2017; 7 (13): 1-12. (In Persian).
- Carlos, P. A “Conceptual Model to Measure Football Player’s Market Value. A Proposal by means of an Analytic Hierarchy Process” Revista Internacional de Ciencias del Deporte,2020; Volume XVI, Issue 59, pp. 24-42.
- Prabhnoor, S. Lamba P. S. “Influence of crowdsourcing, popularity and previous year statistics in market value estimation of football players” Journal of Discrete Mathematical Sciences and Cryptography,2019; 22:2, 113-126, DOI: 10.1080/09720529.2019.1576333.
- Leiden, T A. Herberger, F, Wedlich "What Athletic Characteristics Determine Professional Football Players’ Market Values" A Crowdsourced Valuation. discussion paper series in economics and management. Institute of Advanced Computer Science (LIACS) Leiden University,2016; 16-23.
- Majewski, S. "Identification of factors determining market value of the most valuable football players". Journal of Management and Business Administration,2016; 24(3), 91-104.
- Tunaru, R., Clark, E, Viney, H. "An option pricing framework for valuation of football players". Review of financial economics,2005; 14(3-4), 281-295.
- Naderian, M. Rahbari, S. Ghorbani, M. “A comparative study of how professional football clubs in Iran and the English Premier League are financed” Applied Research in Sports Management,2014; 3(3). pp: 31-43. (In Persian).
- Saaty, T.L. “The Analytical Hierarchy Process”. McGraw Hill. New York:1980; pp. 350.