Document Type : Research Paper
Ph.D. Student of Sport Management, Sari Branch, Islamic Azad University, Sari, Iran
Assistant Professor; Department of Sport Management, Sari Branch, Islamic Azad University, Sari, Iran
Assistant Professor of Sport Management, Adib Mazandaran Institute of Higher Education
The purpose of this study was to develop a model for improving the sports insurance system in the country. The research method was qualitative research with a heuristic and systematic approach. The statistical population consisted of two sections: human resources (managers, professors, etc.) and information resources (books, articles, documents, media, etc.). Adequate sampling was performed on the basis of theoretical saturation (17 persons and 68 documents). The research tools included library study and exploratory framework interviews. The validity of the instrument was evaluated and validated based on the legal and scientific validity of the statistical sample, expert opinion, and coefficient of agreement between coders. To analyze were used the findings the multi-step coding method and the system analysis approach. The main variables in the conceptual model was include; Improve customer damage, Premium improvements, Development of coverage range, Improving customer satisfaction, Promoting sports insurance literacy, Standardization of service quality, Streamlining strategic management, Upgrading the surveillance system, Updating the rules, Improving insurance penetration rate, Communication network capacity building, Development of facilities, Empowering human capital, Incorporate insurance education and culture and the financial management optimization sports insurance. These variables were classified into five successive levels: structure, capability, process, performance and outcome. Based on the framework, it can be said that upgrading the sports insurance system requires strengthening the structural, capability, process, performance and consequence components, and the extent to which its development is realized depends on the outcome of the factors of these levels.
- National Insurance Law (2011), National Insurance Agency's Documentation Booklet. 2011; 3-25. (In Persian)
- Zou D., Lu Y. Empirical Study on the Sports College Students' Demand Will for Medical Insurance: Based on Investigation of Shenyang Sport University. Journal of Shenyang Sport University. 2011; 6(3):23-39.
- Jonsdottir IH., Rödjer L., Hadzibajramovic E., Börjesson M., Ahlborg Jr, G. A prospective study of leisure-time physical activity and mental health in Swedish health care workers and social insurance officers. Preventive medicine. 2010; 51(5): 373-377.
- Hosseinzadeh Shahri Masoumeh, Mansouri Fatemeh. Development of Demand Chain Management Model in Insurance Industry Using Ali Mapping Method. Management Research in Iran. 2014; 18(3):25-45. (In Persian)
- Nematollahi Zadeh Mahani, Naghmeh. Prioritizing Barriers of Physical Education Students' Attitude to Use of Insurance Services of Sport Medical Federation. Thesis of Kerman University of Medical Sciences - Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences. 2013. (In Persian)
- Karimi, Seyed Mohammad. Assessing the performance of the country's insurance industry and explaining its future prospects. Quarterly Financial and Economic Policies. 2013; 2 (2): 202-183. (In Persian)
- , Cheshomi ali, CheshomiM. The Impacts of Regulation Quality on the Development of Insurance Industry. Financial monetcial monetary economics. 2016; 23(11): 167-191. (In Persian)
- Seifali, M., goudarzi, M. The Study of Physical Education Managers' Satisfaction from Sport Medicine Federation Services to Injured Athlete University Students. Journal of Sport Management. 2009; 1(2): 235-480. (In Persian)
- Ghorbani Sani Pouria. Investigating the Relationship between Perceptions of the Quality of Sports Insurance Services and Satisfaction of Students Participating in the Thirteenth Olympiad. M.Sc. thesis in Imam Reza University. 2017; 18-43. (In Persian)
- , Roya. The Impact of Brand Experience on Customer Confidence and Satisfaction with Sports Insurance. M.Sc. Thesis, Higher Education Institute, Sanabad Golbahar. 2018; 15-32. (In Persian)
- Farahani, A., pournaghi, A., Mahdavi Kelishomi, G. Comparative Study on Exposure Methos of Sports Insurance between Iran and Selected Countries. Applied Research in Sport Management. 2018; 6(4):47-60. (In Persian)
- Nadarian Jahromi, Masoud and Mahmoud Bani Masni. Comparison of Factors Affecting Sport Insurance Success from the Perspectives of Managers and Athletes, 4th National Conference on New Achievements in Sport Sciences, Gorgan, Islamic Azad University of Gorgan Branch. 2016; 2-19. (In Persian)
- Åman M., Forssblad M., Henriksson-Larsén K. Insurance claims data: a possible solution for a national sports injury surveillance system? An evaluation of data information against ASIDD and consensus statements on sports injury surveillance. BMJ open. 2014; 4(6): 5-56.
- Åman M., Forssblad M., Henriksson‐Larsén K. Incidence and severity of reported acute sports injuries in 35 sports using insurance registry data. Scandinavian journal of medicine & science in sports. 2016; 26(4):451-462.
- Åman M., Forssblad M., Larsén K. Incidence and body location of reported acute sport injuries in seven sports using a national insurance database. Scandinavian journal of medicine & science in sports. 2018; 28(3): 1147-1158.
- Fabricant PD., McLaren SH., Suryavanshi JR., Nwachukwu BU., Dodwell, ER. Association Between Government Health Insurance Status and Physical Activity in American Youth. Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics. 2019; 39(7): 552-557.
- Fathi Abouzar. Determining the Success and Obstacles of Obligatory Sports Insurance From the Perspectives of Sports Managers and Injured Athletes. Master of Science Degree in Nonprofit and Nonprofit Higher Education North. 2010; 19-42. (In Persian)
- Jamshidi Rahim. The Necessity of Insurance Companies (Health and Life) Investing in Public Sports According to Insurance and Sport Experts. M.Sc. Thesis, Allameh Tabataba'i University, Faculty of Education and Psychology. 2011; 20-46. (In Persian)
- Almasi Najad. Ali Anisi. Mohammad Ali. Civil liability and sports insurance. Comparative Law Research of Iran and International. 2016; 9 (34): 26-52. (In Persian)
- Chard C. Understanding the brand meaning of the Canadian Interuniversity Sport hockey league: an insurance policy if all else fails. Sport in Society 2013; 16(3): 327-339.
- Chang-chun LYG. (). Research on Connotation and Countermeasures of Sports Insurance System in China. Journal of Chengdu Sport University, 2006; 23(1): 6-12.
- Naderian Masoud, Bani Masani Mahmoud, Mousavi Nafchi Seyyed Morteza, Asefi Ahmad Reza, Karimian Jahangir Investigation of the status of sports insurance services in compensation of injured athletes. Health Information Management. 2016; 13 (2): 120-125. (In Persian)
- Wei-min MAO. Foreign sports insurance system modes and their inspiration to China. Journal of Physical Education. 2008.
- Olszewski III H. Network based system for providing insurance in fantasy sports. Google Patents; 2010.
- .Rafieian Fatemeh. Investigating the Observance of Federated Medical Sports Insurance in Iran. M.Sc. Thesis, Islamic Azad University, Central Tehran Branch, Faculty of Management and Accounting. 2015; 17-35. (In Persian)
- Cylus J. Unemployment insurance and physical activity. In Human Capital and Health Behavior. Emerald Publishing Limited. 2017; 245-277.
- Tavakoli M., Alam Tabriz A., Amiri M., Motameni A. Explaining an Integrated Strategic Performance Evaluation Pattern for Insurance Industry. Journal of Strategic Management Studies. 2016; 7(25):151-171. (In Persian)