Document Type : Research Paper
PhD Student of Sport Management, Faculty of sports sciences, Razi University, Kermanshah, Iran
Assistant Professor of Sport Management, Faculty of sport sciences, Razi University, Kermanshah, Iran
Associate Professor of Econometrics, Faculty of Economics and entrepreneurship, Razi University, Kermanshah, Iran
Associate Professor of Sports Management and Director of Research Partnerships, Business School, Latrobe University, Melbourne, Australia
This study aimed to investigate the effect of the sports budget on sports participation in Iran. Panel data for this study were collected for Iranian provinces between 2004 and 2017 from the Iranian Statistics Center, the Ministry of Sports and Youth of Iran, and the National Olympic Committee of Iran. For Data analysis of this study, the quantile regressions were used, and the final results were confirmed by the Bootstrap method. Data analysis of this study was performed using the EViews software 10 versions. The results showed that the sports current budget has a positive and significant effect on sport participation in the decades 0.1, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5, 0.6, 0.7, 0.8 and after the implementation of the Bootstrap in all decades, the effect of sports current budget on sports participation was significant but the effect of sports development budget on sports participation was significant and negative only in the 0.9 decades, and after the implementation of Bootstrap, the effect of sports development budget on sports participation in any decade was not significant. Policymakers should allocate the sports current budget and sports development budget to promote sports participation in accordance with the executive programs and the situation of the province and the observance of distributive justice in addition according to the specific conditions of the country in the face of international sanctions.
- RahmaniFazli H, Arabmazar A. Optimal Provincial Budget Allocation: A Goal Programing Approach. Applied Theories of Economics. 2016;3(3):133-152 ( in Persian).
- SeyedRezaie MY, PourEzat AA, Abadi AAS. Considerations of the budgeting system in order to regional justice achieve. Public management perspective. 2017;29:73-91(in Persian).
- Ghasemy MR, Arbabian S, Moeeni S, Salimi B. Analysis of The Distribution Assets Acquisition of Capital Budget in State of Iran (1379-1390) The Journal of Planning and Budgeting. 2015;20(1):37-66(in Persian).
- Sotiriadou P. The Australian sport system and its stakeholders: Development of cooperative relationships. Sport in Society. 2009;12:842-860.
- Cordery C, Sim D, Baskerville R. Three models, one goal: Assessing financial vulnerability in New Zealand amateur sports clubs. Sport Management Review. 2013;16:186-199.
- Nichols G, Taylor P, James M, Holmes K, King L, Garrett R. Pressures on the UK Voluntary Sport Sector. VOLUNTAS: International Journal of Voluntary and Nonprofit Organizations. 2005;16:33-50.
- Wicker P, Breuer C, Hennigs B. Understanding the Interactions among Revenue Categories Using Elasticity Measures-Evidence from a Longitudinal Sample of Non-profit Sport Clubs in Germany. Sport Management Review. 2012;15:318-329.
- Gumulka G, Barr C, Lasby D, Brownlee B. Understanding the capacity of sports and recreation organizations. Toronto: Imagine Canada2005.
- Breuer C, Wicker P. Sports clubs in Germany: Cologne: German Sport University; 2010.
- Swierzy P, Wicker P, Breuer C. The impact of organizational capacity on voluntary engagement in sports clubs: A multi-level analysis. Sport Management Review. 2018;21(3):307-320.
- Horch H-D, Schuette N. Competencies of sport managers in German sport clubs and sport federations. Managing Leisure. 2003;8:70-84.
- Widdop P, King N, Parnell D, Cutts D, Millward P. Austerity, policy and sport participation in England. International Journal of Sport Policy and Politics. 2017;10:1-18.
- MehrAra M, Mikaeeli SV. Investigating the Effect Revenues and Government Sport Expenditure on the Added Value of the Sports Sector: The Approach of Autoregressive Distributed Lag Model. Sport Management Studies. 2018 9(46):69-90 (in Persian).
- Benar N, Dastoom S, Goharrostami HR, Mohaddes F. Designing a Model of Sport Participation Development (Case Study of Guilan Province). Journal of Human Resource Management in Sport. 2018;5(2):217-234 (in Persian).
- Heidari E, . The relationship between economic growth, environmental quality and public health in Iran: Department of Economics, Faculty of Economics, Razi University; 2019 (in Persian).
- Koenker R, Bassett G. Regression quantile. Econometrica. 1978;46:33-50.
- Fattahi S, Moradi M, Abbaspoor S. The effect of economic openness on inflation regression category. Economic Development Research. 2012;2:81-108( in Persian).
- MazharyAva M, Fattahi S, Soheili K. The Study of Effective Factores on Pressure of Exchange Market in Developing and Developed Countries : Panel Quantile Approach. 27. 2020;92:227-256( in Persian).
- Asgharpoor H, Baradaran Z. The Asymmetric Effect of Oil Revenues on the Budget Deficit in Iran: Quantile Regression Approach. (Comprative Economics) Biannual Journal. 2019;5(10):1-27 (in Persian).
- Funahashi H, Shibli S, Sotiriadou P, Mäkinen J, Dijk B, Bosscher V. Valuing elite sport success using the contingent valuation method: A transnational study. Sport Management Review. 2019;23 (3): 548-562.
- Rostamzadeh P, Sadeghi H, Assari A, Yavari K. The effect of government investment in sports on economic growth in Iran. Sustainable Growth and Development Research. 2014;14(4):177-210(in Persian)
- Green M, Collins S. Policy, Politics and Path Dependency: Sport Development in Australia and Finland. Sport Management Review. 2008;11:225-251.
- Ramzaninejhad R, Yasuri M, Javadipoor M, Malaei M. Comparison and Analysis of the Development Level of Iran’s Provinces Competetive Sport Area. Sport Management Studies. 2018;10(48):153-176(in Persian).
- ZamiriKamel A, Soleymani M, IzadiMehr A. Factors affecting the success of athletes qualify Hamadan for national team. Contemporari studies on Sport Management. 2015;4(8):103-112(in Persian).
- Mallaei M, RamezaniNejad R, Yasoori M, Kavoosi S. The Study of Factors Influencing Championship Development in Provinces of Iran and Designing a Proposed Model. Journal of Sport Management. 2019;10(4):757-775 (in Persian).
- Valenti M, Scelles N, Morrow S. Elite sport policies and international sporting success: a panel data analysis of European women’s national football team performance. European Sport Management Quarterly. 2019.