Document Type : Research Paper
Associate Professor Department of Sport Management, Faculty of Sport Sciences, Alzahra University, Tehran, Iran
Ph.D. Management. Department of Management, Tarbiat Modarres University. Tehran. Iran
M.S. Department of Sport Management, Faculty of Sport Sciences, Alzahra University, Tehran, Iran
The purpose of this study is to provide an economic model for assigning the privilege of exploiting sports complexes, based on game theory. The present research was conducted by the descriptive-survey method and by conducting interviews with the officials and the operator of the Enghelab sports complex. Also, we completed our information by reviewing the tender documents and contracts. Based on the findings, the variables influencing the development and conclusion of contracts for the transfer of this unit identified, and the proposed approaches were selected. Among them, the most appropriate and efficient strategy for the owner and operator introduced. In the next step, based on the best result, the proposed game was designed and modelled. The results showed that when independent private information dominates the auction space, the strategy of changing the auction mechanism is more appropriate for both parties, and the pricing strategy is the best strategy, which is also Nash's balance in this game.
1. Pitts BG, Stotlar D. Fundamentals of Sport Marketing, Fitness Information Technology. Inc, Morgantown, WV. 2002.
- Khabiri, M., & Elahi, A. (2005). Comparison of the status of clubs in the Professional Football League of the Islamic Republic of Iran according to UEFA criteria and selected clubs in Japan, South Korea, UAE, and Turkey. Research in Sports Science, 8(3), 15-34.
- Matthew BT. Financial management in the sport industry: Taylor & Francis; 2016.
- Ammon R, Southall RM, Blair DA. Sport facility management: Organizing events and mitigating risks: Fitness Information Technology; 2004.
- Memari Z, Rafei Boldaji S, Pouyandekia M. How is the Football Schools Franchise Using a Valuable Approach to Revenue-Generating Capacity in Iranian Football Clubs? Sports Business Journal. 2021;1(1):31-44.
- Guasch JL, Laffont J-J, Straub S. Renegotiation of concession contracts: a theoretical approach. Review of Industrial organization. 2006;29(1-2):55-73.
- Chatterjee K, Samuelson W. Game theory and business applications: Springer; 2014.
- Abdoli, G. (2011). Game theory and its applications (static and dynamic games with complete information). University Jihad Publications.
- Zarkalam, S. (2007). Contracts related to the transfer of material rights to the software. Legal Journal of Justice, 71(59), 27-48.
- Milgrom P. Auctions and bidding: A primer. Journal of economic perspectives. 1989;3(3):3-22.
- Coates D, Humphreys BR. Novelty effects of new facilities on attendance at professional sporting events. Contemporary Economic Policy. 2005;23(3):436-55.
- Coates D, Humphreys Ticket prices, concessions and attendance at professional sporting events. International Journal of Sport Finance. 2007;2(3):161.
- Downward P, Dawson A. The economics of professional team sports: Psychology Press; 2000.
- Krautmann AC, Berri DJ. Can we find it at the concessions? Understanding price elasticity in professional sports. Journal of Sports Economics. 2007;8(2):183-91.
- Hatfield MM. Game Theory in Management: Modelling Business Decisions and their Consequences: Gower Publishing, Ltd.; 2012.
- Azar, A., Sangi, M., Izadkhah, M., & Anvari, A. (2015). Provide a fuzzy system to discover synergistic opportunities in parent companies. Information Technology Management Magazine, 7(1), 1-22.
- Byde A, editor Applying evolutionary game theory to auction mechanism design. EEE International Conference on E-Commerce, 2003 CEC 2003; 2003: IEEE.
- Shen L, Bao H, Wu Y, Lu W. Using bargaining-game theory for negotiating concession period for BOT-type contract. Journal of construction engineering and management. 2007;133(5):385-92.
- Wang GW, Pallis AA. Incentive approaches to overcome moral hazard in port concession agreements. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review. 2014;67:162-74.
- Gall T. Surplus efficiency of ex ante investments in matching markets with nontransferabilities. International Journal of Game Theory. 2017;46(1):51-78.
- Ungureanu S. Dynamic contracting under permanent and transitory private information. International Journal of Game Theory. 2017;46(3):667-92.
- Sun C-j. Dynamic price dispersion in Bertrand–Edgeworth competition. International journal of game theory. 2017;46(1):235-61.
- Zhang A, Zhang Y. Concession revenue and optimal airport pricing. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review. 1997;33(4):287-96.
- ZHANG G-q, XU Z-f, ZHANG W, editors. Strategy Research on Bidding of Construction Project Based on Game Theory. Proceedings of 2011 International Conference on Information Management and Engineering (ICIME 2011); 2011.
- Anwar S, McMillan R, Zheng M. Bidding behavior in competing auctions: Evidence from eBay. European Economic Review. 2006;50(2):307-22.
- Neale L, Funk D. Investigating motivation, attitudinal loyalty and attendance behaviour with fans of Australian Football. International Journal of Sports Marketing & Sponsorship. 2006;7(4).