Document Type : Research Paper
Ph.D. Student of Sport Management, Central Tehran Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran
Associate Professor, Department of Sport Management, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, Central Tehran Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran
Asistant Professor, Department of Sport Management, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, Central Tehran Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran
The purpose of this study was to explain the Iranian football stadiums security with emphasis on the role of match organizers. This study was applied descriptive with correlational approach. The statistical population consisted of the football boards’ members, police, stadium managers, experts and university lecturers. The sample size included 120 people. The instrument was the modified football stadiums’ security questionnaire (Faraji, 2015). Data was analyzed using descriptive statistics methods, one-sample T-test and confirmatory factor analysis (CFA) method. The results showed that physical protection of the stadium and human resource competence were the most important factors to ensure the football stadiums’ security. The components including control of the external environment, training, personnel competence and credibility were significantly positively correlated and control of toxic and chemical substances was significantly negatively correlated. The control of the internal environment as well as the control of the access routes were moderately effective. Considering the importance of the physical protection of stadiums and factors related to the human resources of football match organizers, it can be said that the role of organizers and the police has been considered as one of the most important pillars of stadium security. Technology and advanced security warning systems can improve physical protection procedures leading to effectiveness of the role of organizers and police human resources.
- Kargar Gh A, Ghafuri F, Mohammadi Moghadam Y, Moradi Sayasar Gh. Presentation of Patterns of Factors Affecting the Safety of Iranian Sports Events. Journal of Social Discipline. 2017; 8(4):157-190. [In Persian]
- Salehi Amiri S R, Afshari Naderi A. Theoretical and Strategic Basis for Managing the Promotion of Social and Cultural Security in Tehran, Rahbord Magazine, 2011; 59:49-76. [In Persian]
- Delavar A, Ahmadvand A M, Rezaei A M. Psychometric Properties of Tehran Security Sentiment Scale (TFSS). Daneshvar Behvar Monthly Journal.2008; 28: 49-62. [In Persian]
- Emery P. Past, Present, Future Major Sport Event Management Practice: The Practitioner Perspective. Sport Management Review. 2010; 13: 158-170.
- Haj Beigi M R, Masoudi A R. Violence and aggression in football and its control strategies. Security Quarterly. 2007; 5(1&2):73-116. [In Persian]
- Rahimi Gh, Amirtash A M, Khabiri M. A study of effective factors in safty management of soccer stadiums in IIran. Research on Sport Science, 2003; 1(4): 39-52. [In Persian]
- Hall S A, Cooper W E, Marciani L, McGee J A. Security management for sport and special events: an interagency approach to creating safe facilities, Human kinetics. 2012; 1-41.
- Praditsathaporn S, Kaviya S, Yupapin P P. Sport safety improvement using security camera without audience privacy violation, Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences. 2010; 2, 62–67.
- Giulianotti R, Klauser F. Introduction Security and Surveillance at Sport Mega Events. Urban studies. 2011; 48(15), 3157-3168.
- Jan Bozorgi E, Elyasi M H, Hoseinian Sh. Preventative role of policing in preventing football spactators’ from displaying destructive behavior. Policing Management Studies Quarterly. 2010; 5 (2): 251- 271. [In Persian]
- Faraji R, Hemmatinezhad M A, Gholizadeh M H. Factors affecting security of the Iranian football stadiums: Developing an instrument and its validity and reliability check. Journal of Sport Management and Motor Behavior.15 (30). Doi: 10.22080/jsmb.2018.8100.2107. [In Persian]
- Hemmatinzhad M A, Taylor T, Gholi Zadeh M H, Faraji R. Prioritizing Factors Affecting the Security of Iranian Football Stadiums Using Analytical Hierarchy Process. Journal of Sport Management. 2016; 8(1): 69-85.
- Hall, S. AAn Examination of British Sport Security Strategies, Legislation, and Risk Management Practices, the sport journal. (2010); 13(2): Available at: http://thesportjournal.org/article/tag/special_edition/page/2/
- Howie L, Campbell P. Security Guards and Counter-terrorism: Gaps in Terrorism Prevention. In Crisis and Terror in the Age of Anxiety Palgrave Macmillan, London.2017; 177-192.
- Cieslak T J. Match day security at Australian sport stadia: A case study of eight venues. Event Management. 2009; 13(1), 43-52.
- Hall A S. (). Standards for effective security management of university sport venues, Doctoral dissertation, retrieved from ProQuest Digital dissertations database.2006; UMI number: 3257011.
- Swenson J S. Unsportsmanlike Conduct: The Duty Placed on Stadium Owners to Protect Against Fan Violence, Marquette Sports Law Review.2012; Vol. 23. Iss 1. 6. pp. 135-153. Available at: http://scholarship.law.marquette.edu/sportslaw/vol23/iss1/6.
- Pantera J M, Accorsi R, Winter C, Gobille R, Griveas S, Queen D, Insalaco J, Domanoski B. Best Practices for game day security at athletic and sport, the sport journal.2003; 6(4). Available at: http://thesportjournal.org/article/tag/volume_6_number_3/
- Faraji, R, Hemmatinezhad, M, Taylor, T. (2018). Critical factors affecting stadiums security. Journal of applied security research, Published online: 27 Dec 2018, Volume 13, 2018 - Issue 4, Pages 473-488.
- Khabiri M, Sajjadi S N, Dousti M, Mohammadian A. A Survey of Stadiums Managers in Managing Possible Dangers of Iranian Football Stadiums. Journal of Sport Management Journal.2010;6:67-83.[In Persian]
- Naderiyan Jahromi M, Poorsoltani H, Rohani, E. Recognizing Security Indicators and Standards of Sport Facilities. Journal of Sport Management.2013; 5(3): 21-36. [In Persian]
- Mohamad Kazemi R, Sheykh M, Shahbazi M, Rasekh N. The Study of Effective Factors in Hooliganism of Soccer Fans after Iran Darby (Fans’points of View). Research on Sport Science.2008; 5(17):101-114. [In Persian]
- Niyazipour M A, Sohrabi P. A Study of the Relationship between Socio-Economic Status of Football fans and Violence in Iranian Football: Views of Troublemakers and Police. Journal of Management Studies on Police Education. 2013; 22: 79-102. [In Persian]
- Hesami L, Jalali Farahani M, Soleimani Kh. The investigation of the state of safety in stadiums of Iran professional football league. Sport Management. 2014;6 (2):343-359 .[In Persian]
- Harati S H, Ashraf Ganjouei F, Amirtash A, Nikaein Z. Investigating the physical security dimensions affecting volleyball stadiums security. Journal of system management. 2019; 5(1):191 - 210.
- Rezaee M R, Sajjadi S N, Ahi P, Jalali Farahani M. Designing a model for securing the Iranian Football Premier League, Journal of Law Enforcement and Security. 2019; 12(3):1-24. [In Persian]
- Mil H I, Sanli S, Yildirim A, Domac S. Interprofessional education model for sport security professionals in turkey. European Scientific Journal. 2015: 11(8): 88-104.
- Stott C, Pearson G. Football baning orders, proportionality and public order. Harward journal of criminal justice. 2006; 45(3): 241-254.
- Elahi A, Pouraghaei Ardakani Z. A Comparison between Iran Soccer Stadiums Condition and European Standards. Harakat. 2004; 19: 63-80. [In Persian]
- Sadatolhosseini M. Comparison between football spectators and risk manageress’s perception of security management in Azadi complex. Strategic Studies of Sports and Youth. 2014;13(23):159-168. [In Persian]