Document Type : Research Paper
Ph.D Candidate in sport Management, Department of Physical Education and Sports Sciences, Najafabad Branch, Islamic Azad University, Najafabad, Iran
Assistant Professor, Department of Physical Education and Sports Sciences, Najafabad Branch, Islamic Azad University, Najafabad, Iran
The purpose of the present study was to formulate strategies that affect the optimal performance of sports media with the aim of developing football. According to the exploratory nature of the subject, the qualitative research method was used. The data were collected using interviews and document reviews. After completing 12 in-depth and semi-structured interviews with the statistical population of the research, the main categories were extracted after completing the coding process. Purposive sampling and snowballing continued until theoretical saturation. The results of data analysis were obtained through three stages of open, axial and selective coding. The results of the open coding indicated that 43 signs could influence the strategies that affect the optimal performance of sports media with the aim of developing football. Then, in axial coding, the signs were classified into 3 concepts of need assessment, communication, and purposive mission orientation, and for effective consequences, 3 concepts of socialization, generalization, and development dynamics were classified. According to the results of the research, effective strategies can be achieved through presented strategies to develop the optimum performance of sports media with the aim of developing football.
- Kordi, M. (2006). The Role of Mass Media in Iranian Sport. Research Project. Institute of Physical Education and Sport Sciences. (In Persian)
- Qasemi, H., Karami. A., Sadeghi, F. (2013). The Status of Television Coverage of Sports Field Matches in Sima Networks from the Perspective of Sports Media Specialists. Journal of Applied Research in Management, 2(4), 43-54. (In Persian)
- Honari, H., Moradi, M., Ahmadi, A. (2012). Investigating the Effective Factors of Information Roles, Social Participation, Education and Culture. Journal of Sport Management, 12(2), 24-36. (In Persian)
- Motamednejad, K. (2013). Mass Media, Tehran: Allameh Tabataba'i University. (In Persian)
- De Bosscher, V., De Knop, P., Van Bottenburg, M., Shibli, S. (2006). A conceptual framework for omparati sport policy factors leading to international success, European Sport Management Quartery, 6(4), 185-215.
- Azadi, J. (2017). Investigating the way, the scientific development material is reflected in the Iranian press with emphasis on Iranian Hamshahri newspapers, information, Kayhan in the second quarter, Msc Thesis, Allameh Tabataba'i University, Department of Social Communication Sciences. (In Persian)
- Wangberg, S.C., Sørensen, T., Andreassen, H.K. (2015). Using the Internet to Support Exercise and Diet: A Stratified Norwegian Survey. Medicine 2.0, 4(2), 3-15.
- Khaledian, M., Mostafaei, F., Samadi, M., Kia, F. (2014). The role of mass media in the development of sport, communication management in sport media, 1(2), 48-55. (In Persian)
- Mohammad Pur, A. (2013). Qualitative Research Method against Method 1 and 2 Scientific Stages and Procedures in Qualitative Methodology. Tehran: Sociology Publications. (In Persian)
- Angkit, K, Ridho, P, Kristiawan P, Nugroho, P. (2020). Survey of Physical Fitness Level of the Men’s Basketball Team Pre-National Sport Bangka Belitung 2020. Advances in Health Sciences Research, 23(1), 136-139.
- Hall, J., Barry, O., Julian, V. (2018). An empirical model of attendance factors at major sporting events. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 29(2), 328-334.
- Wymer, S, Naraine, N, Thompson, J. (2020). To Stream or Not to Stream? A Case of Social Media Management Within a Professional Sport Organization. human kinetics journal, 9(1), 26-34.
- Joe phua. (2015). Sports Fans and Media Use: Influence on Sports Fan Identification and Collective Self-Esteem. International Journal of Sport Communication, 3(2), 190-206.
- Salimi, M., Soltan Hosseini., M., Qasemi, H., Torkiyan Valashani, S. (2011). Rating Obstacles to Professional Ethics Development in Sports Media. Journal of Communication Research, 18(68), 9-29. (In Persian)
- Pfister, G. (2015). The experiences of top-level European women footballers, International review for the sociology of sport, 34 (2), 99-111.
- Jafari, S., Akbari khooshe Mehr, B., Sadegi, H., Shargi, A. (2019). The Role of Mass Media Informing about Sailing Races of Maragheh City on the Development of the Field. Journal Communication Management in Sports Media, 6(22), 99-110. (In Persian)
- Yousefi, H. (2015). The Role of Mass Media Consumption (Writing, Visual, Auditory, and Digital) on People's Attitude to Public Sports. Higher Education Institutions of Tehran University of Science and Culture, Faculty of Physical Education. (In Persian)
- Ariamanesh, A., Keshkar, S., Ghasemi, H., Honari, H. )2018). Designing a Strategic Planning Model for IRIB Sport Programs, 6 (22), 105-117. (In Persian)
- Zohrabi, F., SharifiMoghadam, M., Rooham, M., Shahsavari, A. (2012). The role of different media kinds in attracting financial support for Iran's athletic International Research Journal of Applied and Basic Sciences, 3 (9), 1874-1879. (In Persian)
- Hill, T., Canniford, R., Millward, P. (2018). Against Modern Football: Mobilising Protest Movements in social media, Journal Indexing and Metrics, 52(4), 688-708.
- Carvalho, P. (2018). Media influence on elite football performance: a literature review to develop a model. Journal of Physical Education and Sport, 18(5), 1980-1985.
- Taghizadeh, A., Kia, A. (2014). Needs assessment of media literacy education in Journal of culture-communication studies, 15(26), 79-103. (In Persian)
- Naraine, M. (2019). Follower Segments Within and Across the Social Media Networks of Major Professional Sport Organizations. Sport Marketing Quarterly; Morgantown, 28(4), 222-233.
- Bakhshi chenari, A., Goodarzi, M., Sajjadi, N., Jalali Farahani, M. (2019). Solutions for Empowering and Promoting Sport Diplomacy in Foreign Policy of Islamic Republic of Iran. Journal of Communication Management in Sports Media, 6(23), 80-90. (In Persian)
- Shahbazi Rad, Q., Asefi. A., Salimi, M. (2018). Relationship between organizational socialization and player’s psychological commitment to football teams in Isfahan. Jornal of human resource management in sport, 5(1), 19-33. (In Persian)
- Beamon, K K. (2010), Are sports overemphasized in the socialization process of African American males? A qualitative analysis of former collegiate athletes’ perception of sport socialization, Journal of black studies, 41(2), 281-300.
- Andrews, Kenneth T. (2017). Making the News: Movement Organizations, Media Attention, and the Public Agenda, American sociological review, 75(6), 841-866.