Document Type : Research Paper
Ph.D. Student in Sports Marketing and Media Management, University of Kurdistan, Kurdistan, Iran
Assistant Professor of Sports Management, Department of Physical Education, University of Kurdistan, Kurdistan, Iran
Assistant Professor of Sports Management, Department of Sports Sciences, Faculty of Humanities, Tarbiat Modarres University, Tehran, Iran
Associate Professor of Sport Management faculty, Payame Noor University, Tehran, Iran
The purpose of this research was to design a model of physical education teachers' media literacy with an emphasis on the quality of the physical education course.This research was performed by mixed method with exploratory-developmental nature. In the qualitative part, the research data was collected through purposeful and theoretical sampling based on in-depth interviews. In the quantitative phase, the samples was selected by the available sampling and tested by modeling the structural equations of the model arising from the qualitative part. In this study, there were two statistical population: the first was the professors in the fields of sports management, educational and media management (n=11 people), and the second was the male and female physical education teachers in Kurdistan province (n=204 people).The results showed that continuous improvement of the quality of physical education course is considered through the use of media literacy as a cycle whose input is "requirements and prerequisites of physical education course". The process of this model includes the rules of applying media literacy to the physical education course and the output of this process is to improve the quality of the physical education course. In order to improve the quality of physical education course, media literacy can be considered as an organizational excellence system in which by strengthening its inputs and directing its processes, it has witnessed desirable outcomes.
- 1. Alikhani M and K. Z, Media Literacy Education in Schools (In Persian). Journal of the Growth of Vocational and Technical Education, 2016. 12(3): p. 1-5.
- 2. Jolls T and Johnsen, Media Literacy: A Foundational Skill for Democracy in the 21st Century. The Hastings law journal, 2018. 69(5): p. 1380-1407.
- 3. Sh, H., Investigating the Role of Media in the Educational System of Fundamental Transformation Document a. C: Emphasis on the Need for Media Literacy Training (In Persian). Noor Specialized Journal Website, 2014. 4(97): p. 5-11.
- 4. Monica B and P. D, The Promises, Challenges and Futures of Media Literacy. Journal of Media Literacy Education:10(1). 2018:P:1-12.
5.E, S., Measuring Media Literacy Inquiry in Higher Education: Innovation in Assessment. Journal of Media Literacy Education, 2019. 11(2): p. 95-121.
- Y, S., Media Literacy of a Thought Article (In Persian) Media Quarterly, 2006. 17(4): p. 27-32.
- Paul M and B. T, Media Literacy as a Core Competency for Engaged Citizenship in Participatory Democracy. Journal of American Behavioral Scientist, 2103. 57(11): p. 1-11.
- Sedeghe B, M.K., Study of media literacy of Tabriz citizens (In Persian). Journal of Communication Culture, 2016. 1(1): p. 799-816.
- Document on the Fundamental Transformation of Education (In Persian). Adopted by the Supreme Council of the Cultural Revolution, 2011: p. 11.
10.Razavi M. H, Rouhani Z, and G. A, An Analysis of Factors Affecting the Promotion of Physical Education Course in Schools (In Persian). Journal of Sport Management and Motivational Behavior, 2014. 10(19): p. 69-80.
- 11. Nastaran Brojeni E, N.B. E., and H. H, Identifying Existing Problems in Isfahan Schools of Physical Education and Comparing the Perspectives of Principals, Experts and Teachers of Isfahan Schools of Physical Education (In Persian). Journal of Modern Approaches to Sport Management, 2016. 4(14): p. 83-94.
- 12. Cherner T and C. K, Preparing Pre-Service Teachers to Teach Media Literacy: A Response to Fake News. Journal of Media Literacy Education, 2019. 11(1): p. 1-31.
- 13. Jessica M, et al., Media Literacy in Teacher Education: A Good Fit across the Curriculum. Journal of Media Literacy Education, 2019. 7(2): p. 81-86.
- 14. C, F., Digital Media Literacy in a Sports, Popular Culture and Literature Course, The National Association for Media Literacy Education’s. Journal of Media Literacy Education, 2018. 6(3): p. 81-89.
- 15. Dudley D. A and E. P, Recommendations for policy and practice of physical education in culturally and linguistically diverse Australian secondary schools based on a two-year prospective cohort study. School Psychology International, 2015. 36(2): p. 172-188.
- 16. Wood C and H. K, Physical education or playtime: which is more effective at promoting physical activity in primary school children? BMC Research Notes, 2015. 8(12): p. 12-28.
- 17. Moghadas zade H and S. H, Media Literacy and the Awareness of Social Network Damage (In Persian). Noor Specialized Journal Website, 2018. 1(110): p. 25-35.
- 18. Taghizadeh A and T. S, Studying Native Media Literacy Training Needs and Needs (In Persian). Journal of Cultural and Communication Studies, 2014. 26(58): p. 79-103.
- 19. Jafari Harandi R, et al., Evaluation of the Factors Affecting the Quality of Physical Education Course from the Viewpoint of Sport Teachers Case Study: Kashan City (In Persian). Journal of Educational Research, 2017. 12(50): p. 1-22.
- 20. Bentler P.M and C. C, Practical Issues in Structural Modeling. Sociological Methods and Research, 1987. 16(1): p. 78-117.
- 21. Boomsma A and H. J, The robustness of LISREL modeling revisited. A Festschrift in honorof Karl Jöreskog, 2001. 2(3): p. 139-168.
- 22. B, K.R., Principles and practice of structural equation modeling (3rd Ed). New York: Guilford Press. 2011: ISBN 978-1-6) 6-877-0623hardcover) — ISBN 978-1-60623-876-9 (pbk.), 2011.
- 23. Meyers L. S, Gamst G, and G.A. J, Applied multivariate research: Design and interpretation. Sage. Publication Date: September 8, 2005 | ISBN-10: 1412904129 | ISBN-13: 978-1412904124., 2005.
- 24. Schumacker R. E and L.R. G, A beginner’s guide to structural equation modeling (3rd ed). New York: Rutledge. 2010. ISBN 978-1-84169-890-(hardcover: alk.paper)—ISBN 978-1-84169-891-5 (pbk:alk. Paper). 2010.
- 25. Kaolin W and R. T., Media and Information Literacy (In Persian). Translated by: Kazem Moazen and Ramin Chaboki Darzabi. Tehran: Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance, Department of Air and Information Services, Department of Media Studies and Planning, 2011.
- 26. Taghizadeh A and K. A, EFQM Organizational Excellence Model (In Persian). Tehran, Industrial Management Publications, 2016.
- 27. Niazi L, Z. I., and A.A. Kh, The Impact of Technology-Based Media Literacy Training on Students' Knowledge (In Persian). Journal of Modern Media Studies, 2(7), 2017;: 119-156.
- 28. Hosseini Pakadeh A and S.H. S, Media literacy training in cyberspace (In Persian). Journal of Modern Media Studies, 2018. 3(9): p. 31-76.
- 29. Meehan J, et al., Media Literacy in Teacher Education: A Good Fit across the Curriculum. Journal of Media Literacy Education, 2019. 2(7): p. 81-86.
- 30. Bergstrom A, Flynn M, and C. C, Deconstructing Media in the College Classroom: A Longitudinal Critical Media Literacy Intervention. The National Association for Media Literacy Education’s, Journal of Media Literacy Education, 2018. 10(3): p. 113-131.
- 31. C, L.T., Development of a Scale for Evaluating Media Literacy Interventions. University of California, Santa Barbara ProQuest Dissertations Publishing, 2014.
- 32. Mayer R. E and A.R. B., The instructive animation: Helping students build connections between words and pictures in multimedia learning. Journal of educational Psychology, 1992. 84(4): p. 417-444.
- 33. Hergnahan B and E. M, Introduction to Learning Theories (In Persian). Eighth Edition, Translated by: Ali Akbar Seif, Tehran., 2015.
- 34. Moghadas zade H and S. H., Media Literacy and the Awareness of Social Network Damage (In Persian). Noor Specialized Journal Website, 2017. 12(39): p. 25-35.
- 35. Frank Kersch D and L. M, Hosting and healing: A framework for critical media literacy pedagogy. Journal of Media Literacy Education, 2019. 11(3): p. 37-48.
- 36. A, L., Digital Media Production to Support Literacy For Secondary Students with Diverse Learning Abilities. The National Association for Media Literacy Education’s, Journal of Media Literacy Education, 2017. 9(2): p. 30-44.
- 37. Valtonen V, et al., Media Literacy Education in the Age of Machine Learning. Journal of Media Literacy Education, 2019. 11(2): p. 20-36.
- 38. Rasi P, H. V, and H.R. , Journal of Media Literacy Education, Media Literacy Education for All Ages. 11(2): p. 1-19.
- 39. H, K., Visual Assessment in the Telegram Social Media Literacy Analysis of Iranian Users, Focusing on the Telegram Messenger and Its Affecting Factors (In Persian). Nuremberg Specialized Journal Database, 2018. 1(110): p. 29-55.