Document Type : Research Paper
Ph.D. Student of Sport Management, Ayatollah Amoli Branch, Islamic Azad University, Amol, Iran
Assistant Professor, Ayatollah Amoli Branch, Islamic Azad University, Amol, Iran
Assistant Professor, Sport Sciences research Institute, Tehran, Iran
Assistant Professor, Faculty of Sport Science and Health, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran
The purpose of this study was to design a model to support intellectual property rights in Iran sport. The research method was qualitative based on the grounded theory approach. Research data was collected by semi-structured interview. Purposeful sampling was used until achieving the theoretical adequacy of the data (23 sport management professors, sports law professors and law professors). In order to measure the validity and reliability of the interviewing tool, intra-subject agreement and process audit were used. Data was analyzed with three systematic stages of open coding, axial coding, and selective coding. The analysis of the interviews created 101 secondary codes, 38 key concepts, and 28 categories. Accordingly, 9 main categories were entitled as "Membership and Interaction with International Law Organizations", "Cultural, Social, Religious and Political Areas", "Industrial Development of Sport", "Enactment of Intellectual Property Laws in Sport", "Education Mechanisms", "Supervision and Protection of Law", "Creating Structure and Managing Intellectual Property Rights", "Intellectual Property Rights’ Benefits and Profits" and "Intellectual Property Rights of Sporting Instances". Generally, it can be said that intellectual property in sport is influenced by many factors and its operation requires activation of different mechanisms.
- ShahHoseini S, Vasfi Sh, and Naserzadeh S. Assessing the Role of Protecting Intellectual Property Rights in Economic Growth: TRIPS Case Study, Commerce Journal, 2018, 21(84), 65-92 (in Persian).
- Falvey R, Foster N & Greenaway D. Intellectual property rights and economic growth. Review of Development Economics, 2006, 10(4), 700-719.
- Lemper TA. The critical role of timing in managing intellectual property. Business Horizons, 2012, 55(4), 339-347.
- Suli F. Intellectual Properly. Woodhead Publishing Series in Electronic and Optical Materials, 2019, 317-364.
- Chisum DS, Ochoa TT, Ghosh S & LaFrance M. Understanding intellectual property law. LexisNexis. 2011.
- Patel PA and Pearce J. The survival consequences of intellectual property for retail ventures, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 2018, 43, 77–84
- Abdoli B. Social and Menal Fundumental of Phisycal education and sport, BamdadKetab, Tehran, 2015. (in Persian)
- Razavi SMH. Increase efficiency with privatization policy in sport, Harekat, 2006, 24, 1-15. (in Persian)
- Kalashi M, Eidy H, Abbasi H, Rajai, M. Estimation of GDP of sport and its evolution (1995-2015). Sport Management Studies, 2019, 11 (54), 17-32. (in Persian)
- Elahi A. Barriers and Strategies for Economic Development of the Iranian Football Industry. Doctoral dissertation, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, University of Tehran, 2009. (in Persian)
- Elahi A, Sajjadi N, Khabiri M, Abrishami, H. Barriers to the Development of Attracting Financial Support Income in the Football Industry of the Islamic Republic of Iran. Journal of Sport Management, 2010, 1,189-202. (in Persian)
- Seyed Ameri MH, Moharramzadeh, M, Bashiri, M, Hadi, H. Investigating Barriers to Attracting Sponsors in the East Azarbaijan Sport Industry. Productivity Management, 2010, 10, 147-164. (in Persian)
- Jalali Farahani, M, Alidoust Ghahfarkhi, I. Analysis of Barriers to Realization of the Right to Broadcast in Iranian Professional Sports. Physiology and Sport Management Research, 2013, 13, 47-60. (in Persian)
- Olaisen J and Revang O. The dynamics of intellectual property rights for trust, knowledge sharing and innovation in project teams, International Journal of Information Management, 2017, 37, 583–589
- WIPO Intellectual Property Hand Book: Policy, Law and Use. 2nd Ed. Geneva: WIPO Publication. 2004.
- Primo-Braga C, Fink C, Paz-Sepulveda C. Intellectual property rights and economic development. World Bank Discussion Papers, 2000, 412.
- Chappelet, J. L., & Mrkonjic, M. Assessing sport governance principles and indicators. In Research Handbook on Sport Governance. Edward Elgar Publishing, 2019.
- Jafari-Tousi E & Nourani N. Study on Intellectual Property in Sports Focusing on Radio/Television Broadcasting Patent. International Academic Journal of Humanities, 2018, 5(2), 162-172.
- Farsadmokhtary V. The Role of Industrial Property Rights in the Development of Iran's Sports Industry. Allameh Tabataba'i University, College of Postgraduate Studies, 2015. (in Persian)
- Khoshnevis-Zarch, A. Examples of intellectual property rights in the sports industry. M.Sc., Qom University, 2010. (in Persian)
- Amadi UJ. Intellectual property rights in sports: A trick or two Nigeria can learn from the global game. African Sports Law and Business Bulletin, 2017, 1, 14.
- Corbin J, Strauss A. Basics of qualitative research: Techniques and procedures for developing grounded theory. Sage publications; 2014 Nov 25.
- Hylton JG. The Over-Protection of Intellectual Property Rights in Sport in the United States and Elsewhere. J. Legal Aspects Sport, 2011, 21, 43.
- Salimi S. A Comparative Study of the Duties and Responsibilities of the Government with regard to Sport in Iranian and British Law. Faculty of Law, Azad University, Central Tehran Branch, 2015. (in Persian)
- Rezaei Sh, Amiri M, Kouzehchyan H. Investigating the Obstacles to the Relationships between the football clubs and Audiovisual Organization in Iran, Management Journal, 2016, 8, 189-206. (in Persian)
- Mohammadzadeh Be. Guarantees of intellectual property protection in law. Legal Legal Research Journal, 2018, 3, 12-42. (in Persian)
- Shilbury D, O’Boyle I, Ferkins L. Examining collective board leadership and collaborative sport governance. Managing Sport and Leisure. 2020, 25 (4):275-89.
- Bozorgi W. The Intellectual Property Rights System Suitable for Developing Countries: With Notes on Iran. Business Research Journal, 2018, 22 (83). (in Persian)
- Mohammadi A, Salehi M and Zahedi M. Protecting the right to reputation in the light of intellectual property rights through a comparative approach. Comparative Law Research, 2016, 21 (3), 184-214. (in Persian)
- Margoni T. The Protection of Sports Events in the EU: Property, Intellectual Property, Unfair Competition and Special Forms of Protection. IIC-International Review of Intellectual Property and Competition Law, 2016 47(4), 386-417.
- Nadarian M and Somayeh R. Feasibility of Establishing a Master of Sport Law Degree in Iranian Universities. Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies in Humanities, 2013, 4, 19-32. (in Persian)
- Raisi M and AghaeiBejestani M. Intellectual Property Rights in Imamieh Jurisprudence and Iranian Laws. Journal of Jurisprudence and Islamic Law Research, 2016, 3 (12), 70-51. (in Persian)
- Dehghani Firouzabadi F. Modeling the framework of business law in Iranian professional sport based on structural equations. Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, Al-Zahra University, 2015. (in Persian)
- Roessler V. College Athlete Rights after O'Bannon: Where Do College Athlete Intellectual Property Rights Go from Here. Vand. J. Ent. & Tech. L., 2015, 18, 935.
- Al-Ameen HA. Image right clauses in football contracts: masterstroke for mutual success?. Intellectual Property Rights, 2017, 5(1).