Document Type : Research Paper
Ph.D student in Sport Management, Razi University, Kermanshah, Iran
Expert of Women Sport at Razi University, Kermanshah, Iran
Ph.D in Sport Management, Allameh Tabatabaei University, Tehran, Iran
Assistant Professor in Sport Management, Islamic Azad University, Amol, Iran
The purpose of the present research was to determine the temporal design of human resources succession planning pattern in sports organizations. This research was carried out using qualitative method with semi-structured interviews with 17 people including professors and sports management experts who were selected using purposeful sampling. The data collection method was based on literature reviews and open interviews. To evaluate the face and content validity, the research findings were presented to the participants, and the study was done by the text of the theory, and their point of view was applied. To assess credibility, transferability and appropriateness, the research findings were presented to the participants, and the study's text was followed by their views. The method used for reliability was an intra-subject agreement method. The average agreement within the subject was 0.79. The used software was MAXQDA vesion 12. Based on the findings, the number of open-source codes is 37, which were classified in the form of 8 individual, organizational, communication, professional-occupational, managerial, educational, visiting and evaluation concepts. Summaries of concepts were also arranged in three themes with the titles of prerequisites, competencies and talent management program. In the end, it should be noted that in order to realize the success of sport organizations, one should pay attention to individual and organizational prerequisites and plan talent management in line with the suitability of the staff.
- Amirkhani, A., Nazeryani, M., & Faraz, M (2016). The Effect of Succession Planning on the Employees’Performance based on the Balance Score Card with Regard to the Mediating Role of Commitment. Research Journal of Management Reviews. 2 (1), 42-51. [Persian]
- Sayyid Naghavi, M.A. Khanbashi, M. Salavati, M. (2017), • Alignment of Human Resources General Strategy with Human Resources Subsystems Strategy, Journal of Human Resource Management Research, Imam Hossein Comprehensive University, Ninth Year, Number 1 (27), pp. 183 – 206. [Persian]
- Kamali, F. Mostafavirad, F. (2017), Relationship between meritocracy and organizational development in Fars Province Youth and Youth Administration, Second International Conference on Dynamic Management and Accounting, Tehran, Iran. [Persian]
- Talebzadeh, F. (2016), Alternative Management, Forestry Publications, Immortal, First Edition.[Persian]
- Haidari Dahoei, J. Beheshti Jazan Abadi, E. Vanaki, A. Firozfar, H. (2017), Selection of Information Technology Personnel Based on Competency Model Using Paprika and Aras Gray Combined Approach, Second International Conference on Dynamic Management and Accounting, June 11, Tehran, Iran. [Persian]
- Motaharinezhad, H. (2017), Human Resource Attraction Based on Competence, Journal of Human Resource Management Research, Imam Hussein University of Technology, Ninth Year, No. 1 (27), pp. 21-49. [Persian]
- Beheshti Far, M. (2012), Successor: Creating Talent Treasury, Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Health Path Publishing. [Persian]
- Pandey, S., & Sharma, D (2014). Succession Planning Practices and Challenges: Study of IndianOrganisations. Procedia Economics and Finance 11, 152 – 165.
- Oloyede, Victor O., Ayedun, C. A., & Ajibola, M. O (2016). Leadership Succession Planning: An Examination of Sole Proprietor Estate Surveying and Valuation Firms in Lagos Metropolis, Nigeria.Covenant Journal of Research in the Built Environment (CJRBE), 4 (1), 19-31.
- Klein, M.F., & Salk, R.J (2013). Presidential Succession Planning: A Qualitative Study in Private Higher Education. Leadership & Organizational Studies, 20(3), 335 – 345
- Soltani, M.R. Aliani,M. (2017), Comparative and Analytical Comparison of Performance Evaluation System and Qualification Evaluation System in Organization, Journal of Human Resource Management Research, Imam Hossein University, No. 9 (27), pp. 157-182. [Persian]
- Mandi, Abdulla Rashed (2008). Acase study exploring succession planning: Supported by a quantitative analysis of governmental organizations in the Kingdom of Bahrain. THE GEORGE WASHINGTON University
- Gay, M., & Sims, D. M (2009). Building tomorrow's talent: A practitioner's guide to talent management and succession planning. Bloomington, Ind: AuthorHouse.
- Geramian,S. L. (2015), The role of surrogacy in the attraction and maintenance of human capital, 5th National Conference on Sustainable Management and Economics Techniques, Shiraz, Pandar Andisheh Rapo Company.[Persian]
- Rothwell, W. J (2005). Effective Succession Planning: Ensuring Leadership Continuity and Building Talent fromWithin. New York: AMACOM.
- Alizadeh, M. Rezazadeh Khorasani, E. (2016), Alternative Management in Human Resource Development Processes, International Conference on Modern Management in Horizon 1404, Tehran, Islamic Azad University, East Tehran Branch. [Persian]
- Ryan Watkins,. & Doug Leigh (2010). HANDBOOK OF IMPROVING PERFORMANCE IN THE WORKPLACE Volume Two: Selecting and Implementing Performance Interventions", International Society for Performance Improvement. 697- 714.
- Bidmeshki, Z., Adli, F., & Vaziri, M (2013). Compare the current status of succession planning and talent management with an ideal situation in the higher education system. Quarterly Research and Planning in Higher Education. 72(12): 51-72. [Persian]
- Jorabloo, S. (2017), Human Resources Education and Improvement, International Congress on Improving Iranian Management and Educational System, Tehran, Datis Development Conference Center. [Persian]
- Perrenoud, A., & Sullivan, K (2016). Analysis of Executive Succession Planning in 12 Construction companies. International Journal of Construction Eduction and Research, 10, 1-17.
- Amin, F. Naderi Khorshidi, A. Vahed, A. (2016), Investigating the Substitute Pattern of Iranian Water Resources Management Company, Journal of Human Resource Management Research, Imam Hussein Comprehensive University, Ninth Year, No. 3 (11), pp. 1-22. [Persian]
- Ebrahimi,M. Eliki, F. Abbasi, M. (2017), The Impact of Talent Management on Organizational Cultivation (Case Study: Managers of Mohaghegh Ardabili University, Human Resource Management and Support Development, No. 13. [Persian]
- Mohammadi, M. Esmaeili,M.R. Sajadi Hazaveh, S.H. (2017), Structural Analysis of the Mediation of the Competencies of Najah Sporting Managers on Knowledge Management and Alternative Education Scientific Research Journal of Ministry of Resources Management Science in Law Enforcement, No. 20, pp. 25-48. [Persian]
- Shahabi, M.R. Fenjanchi, R. (2014), Investigating the Role of Knowledge Management on Organizational Cultivation. International Management Conference, Tehran: Mobin Cultural Ambassadors Institute. [Persian]
- Allameh, M., Sotani, F., & Narimani, M (2015). Provide guidelines for the implementation of succession management, Journal of human resource Research, 3(7): 7-49. [Persian]
- Khanifar, H., Moghimi, M., Jandaghi, GH. & Zarvandi, N (2009). Analysis of relation between Elements of trust and organizational commitment of personnel.Public Administration Journal, 1(2): 3-18. [Persian]
- Hadizadeh Moghadam, A. Soltani, F. (2011), Explaining the Components of Implementing Alternative Management in Organization; Case Study: Headquarters of National Iranian Oil Company and Subsidiaries Based in Tehran, Quarterly Journal of Management and Human Resources in Oil Industry, Volume 10, No. 10, pp. 32-82.[Persian]
- Sullivan, T (2012). Executive Succession Planning. Ira A. Fulton, school of engineering.
- Robin, T (2011). knowledge management and human resource developmentthe 6th International Scientific Conference defence resourses management in the 21st century. Braşov, (1),02-03.
- Barker, B (2006). Rethinking leadership and change: A case study in leadership succession and its impact on school transformation. Cambridge Journal of Education, 36(2), 277-93.