Document Type : Research Paper
Master of Sport Management, Faculty of Physical Education, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Professor, Department of Sport Management, Faculty of Physical Education, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Assistant Professor, Department of Sport Management, Faculty of Physical Education, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Nowadays attention to customer satisfaction and loyalty is one of the most important factors for the growth and development of business owners. Among these, it is important to pay attention to human communication in marketing services between the person providing the service and the customers. The purpose of this research was to study the relationship and comparison between managers' communication skills and customer life-cycle in both public and private sports facilities. This research was based on descriptive correlational survey. Statistical population included all customers of the governmental and private sports facilities in Alborz province. As the statistical population was unlimited, to determine sample size, availability of the samples and cluster sampling method were used. As the result, statistical sample included 390 members. To collect data, a questionnaire of communication skills questionnaire by Vakilli (2012) and a customer life-cycle questionnaire by Wav & Lee (2011) were utilized. For inferential analysis, due to normal data, a Pearson Correlation Coefficient test was used. Also, Two-Sample t-Test was used for independent groups to make a comparison between Public and private sectors. The results of Pearson tests indicated that there's a positive significant relationship between all aspects of communication skills and customer life-cycle of both governmental and private sports facilities but there were not equal in all aspects. Thus, it is suggested to sports facility managers to pay special attention to their communication skills in order to increase the life cycle of their clients.
- Akroush, M, N. dahiyat. S.e, gharaibeh. S. H. & lail. B. N. (2011). “Customer relationship management implementation an investigation of a scale’s generalizability and its relationship with business performance in a developing - country context”. International journal of commerce and management, pp: 158-191.
- Honari, H., Shojaei, S., Farid Fathi, A. (2014). “Investigating and assessing the quality of services and its relationship with customers' satisfaction in Tehran's pools”, Journal of Management Basics in Sport, (2). pp: 99-105. [In Persian].
- Robinson, L. (2006). “Customer Expectations of Sport Organization. European Sport Management Quality”, (6), pp: 7-64.
- Hassanzadeh, Mehrdad. (2005). "Sport Marketing", Pressaman Publication, First Printing, pp: 92. [In Persian].
- Azmoodeh, S., Mohammad Kazemi, R., Arabioon, A. (2012). "Impact of entrepreneurship communication skills of sports business managers on increasing customer satisfaction: a case study of selected private sports clubs in Tehran", Journal of Economics and Business Novin, Nos. 23 and 24, pp: 207-223. [In Persian].
- Dobrescu, T; Silgan, S. (2011). “Consumer satisfaction the type of fitness club in bacau”, Art and Sport, 4(53), pp119-232.
- Greenberg, p. (2005). “CRM at the speed of Light. Capturing and Keeping Customer in Internet Real Time. MCGraw– Hill Osborne Media”, 2nd edition, pp: 98-99.
- Razmi, J., Granbury, A. (2009). “Presentation of a New Model for Calculating the Value of the Lifetime of a Customer”, Journal of Information Technology Management, Vol 1, No. 2, pp: 35-50. [In Persian].
- Berger, P.D., and Nasr, N.I. (1998). “Customer lifetime value: Marketing models Applications”, Journal of Interactive Marketing, 12, pp: 17-30.
- A., Behradmehr, N., Ahrari, M., Khadem Shariah, S. (2012). “Extracting Valuation and Customer Ratings in Banking Services Marketing Quarterly”, Journal of the Research Journal of Commerce, pp: 1-25. [In Persian].
- Das, K. (2009). “Relationship marketing research (1994-2006): An academic literature review and classification”, Marketing Intelligence & Planning, pp: 326-363.
- Rostami Y., Poursolantani, R., Aramid, H. (2017). “Analysis of the Effective Communication Skills Status (Case Study of Physical Education Teachers of Ardabil Province)”, Applied Research of Sport Sciences, Education Without Borders, No 5, pp: 111-119. [In Persian].
- Jung, H.S., & Yoon, H.H. (2011). “The effects of nonverbal communication of employees in the family restaurant upon customers’ emotional responses and customer satisfaction”, International Journal of Hospitality Management, 30 (3), pp:542-550.
- Nazari, R., Ehsani, M., Ashraf Ganjavi, F., Ghasemi, H. (2012). “Effects of interpersonal communication and communication skills on the part of the organizational structure of the Iranian sports managers and the presentation of the model”. Sports Management Studies Journal, 16, pp: 157-174. [In Persian].
- Aali, s., Ebrahimi, A., Aslanpour Alamdari, N. (2019). “Customer Participation in Creating Value Through Life Cycle”, Volume 11, Issue 1, Business Administration, pp: 105-124. [In Persian].
- Mohammad Kazemi, R., Ghorbani, MH., Rajabi Kia, M. (2016). "The Effect of Entrepreneurial Communication Skills of Business Managers on Increasing Satisfaction of Student Customers (Case Study: Sports Clubs in Karaj)", Research in Sport Education, pp: 115-132. [In Persian].
- Mahdavi, S., Aghili, V., Hashemzehi, N., Farhangi, AA. (2018). “The Role of Communication Skills of Managers in Business Development with Emphasis on the Customers of the Circulation of Social Development Studies”, pp: 127-152. [In Persian].
- Dehghan Ghahfarokhi, A., Goodarzi, M. (2019). 'The Measurement of Service Quality in Faculty of Physical Education of University of Tehran from Higher Education Students’ Perspectives', Sport Physiology & Management Investigations, 11(3), pp. 9-21. [In Persian].
- Fesanghari, E., Goodarzi, M., Sajjadi, S., Dehghan Ghahfarrokhi, A. (2017). 'A Study of Regression Model of Service Quality and Customer Satisfaction in Sport Clubs', Journal of Sport Management, 9(1), pp. 1-18 [in Persian].
- Mohammadi, E., Resale, Z., Ahmadi, M. (2015). "The relationship between customer relationship management and quality of relationship and the value of customer service life in hotel industry", Tourism Management Studies, Issue30, pp: 107-127. [In Persian].
- Cambra-Fierro, J. Melero-Polo, I. & Javier Sese, F. (2018). “Customer value co-creation over the relationship life cycle”, Journal of Service Theory and Practice, 28(3), pp:336-355.
- Sheng Yen Lee. (2017). "Service quality of sports centers and customer loyalty", Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, Issue 4, pp: 870-879.
- Raditha, Hapsari. Michael D, Clemes. David, Dean. (2017). "The impact of service quality, customer engagement and selected marketing constructs on airline passenger loyalty", International Journal of Quality and Service Sciences, Issue: 1, pp: 21-40.
- Neeraj Kumar, Dubey. Purnima, Sangle. (2019). "Customer perception of CRM implementation in banking context: Scale development and validation", Journal of Advances in Management Research, Issue: 1, pp:38-63,
- Gashaw, Abeza. Norm, O’Reilly. Benoit, Seguin. (2017). “Social Media in Relationship Marketing: The Perspective of Professional Sport Managers in the MLB, NBA, NFL, and NHL”, Communication & Sport, pp:1-30.
- Goodarzi, M., Nazari, R., Ehsani, M. (2012). "Presentation of Structural Equation Modeling Effect of Communication Skills on Managerial Skills of Sport Managers", Applied Research in Sport Management, No. 1, pp: 11-20. [In Persian].
- Haydarzadeh, K., Hosseini Firouzabadi, D. (2007). "Examining interpersonal communication and its impact on customer satisfaction and loyalty to service provider", Marketing Management Magazine, No. 4, p: 1-14. [In Persian].
- Honari, H., Shojaei, S., Farid Fathi, A. (2014). “Investigating and assessing the quality of services and its relationship with customers' satisfaction in Tehran's pools”, Organizational Behavioral Organizational Management in Sport Studies, pp: 99-105. [In Persian].
- Fesanghari, E., Goodarzi, M., Sajjadi, N., Dehghan Ghahfarrokhi, A. (2015). 'An Assessment of Service Quality of Private and Public Sport Clubs with SERVQUAL Model', Sport Physiology & Management Investigations, 7(2), pp. 9-22 [in Persian].
- Alidoust Ghahfarokhi, E., Kozechian, H., Jalali Farahani, M. Turki, M. (2009). “Review and Compare the Satisfaction of Women's Customers with Private and Public Gyms”, Sports Management, Volume 2, Issue 5, pp: 127-266. [In Persian].
- Andam, R., Mahdizadeh, R. Ali Abadi, M. (2014). “Release in private and public clubs Physical Fitness and Aerobic Fitness: The Role of Quality of Service, Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty”, Management and Development of Sports Volume 3, Issue 1, pp: 1-13. [In Persian].