Document Type : Research Paper
Assistant Professor, Department of Sports Management, Sports Sciences Research Institute, Tehran, Iran
The aim of this research was to systematically review the studies of women’s sports scope. Research method was descriptive based on content analysis and data collection was done through documentary. Research population was all the theses, dissertations, research projects and published articles related to the scope of women’s sports (N=1157) from 2001 to 2015. A coded sheet was used as the instrument in which the concordance correlation using Scott’s pi formula was 90 percent among coders. To analyze data, the descriptive and inferential statistics (Chi-square and Scott) were conducted considering the significant level of P≤0.05 using SPSS18 and EXCELL 2007. The results showed that most research around the scope of women’s sports had been published from 2011 to 2015 (68.6 percent). The number of all the research related to the scope of women’s sports from 2001 to 2015 were 1157 documents in which 85.7 percent were articles. Totally it seems that there is no balance between research subjects, sport fields, components, methodologies and instruments in women’s sports studies. It is suggested that the researchers pay more attention to the different research subjects and fields in women’s sports studies due to the significance of them.
- Navabinezhad, Sh., Taherian T. Women and Sports. Publishing Committee of the Physical Education New System Development Headquarters. Tehran; 1991.
- Puhl JL, Brown CH, Voy R. Sport Science Perspectives for Women. tehran: omid danesh; 2001. 120 p. (in persian).
- Asgari B, Elahi AR, Poursoltani Zarandi H. Content Analysis of Sports Management Articles in the Journal of Sports Science Research. Sport Manag Stud. 2014;6(22):155-172. (in persian).
- Sabaktakin N. Citation Analysis of Professional Veterinary Doctoral Dissertations in terms of Citing Dissertations from the same field. Master’s thesis. Tarbiat Modares University; 1995.
- Ghahnooyeh H, Movahedi, F., Yarmohammadian MH, Ajami S. Analysis of Citations of Articles Published in Scientific Research Journal of Health Information Management. Heal Inf Manag. 2011;8(1):82-92. (in persian).
- Cook DA, Beckman TJ, Bordage G. Quality of reporting of experimental studies in medical education: A systematic review. Med Educ. 2007;41(8):737-745.
- Imanian M, Heydari nejad S, Khatibi A. Content analysis of sports media with disabled sports approach. Commun Manag Sport Media. 2016;3(2):42-51. (in persian).
- Ghasemi H, Keshgar S, Asgari B, Izadparast L. Analysis of the Status of Physical Education Dissertations, Theses and Research in Payam-e-Noor University: A Research Project. Payam-e-Noor University, Karaj City Branch; 2013.
- Alishahi M, Haydarinezhad S, Shetab Bushehri N. Content analysis of the sports sections of Newspapers in the Khuzestan province: With a Focus on Women’s Sports. Commun Manag Sport Media. 2013;1(1):9-18. (in persian).
- Tappeh Reshi G, Haghighi S, Abdolvahab Z. Content Analysis of Sports Management Research Journals. Commun Manag Sport Media. 2013;1(1):53-60. (in persian).
- Sharifi M, Mirdar Harijani S, Asgari B. Descriptive Analysis of Articles in the journals of Physical Education and Sports Sciences during the years 2009-2010. J Sport Manag. 2012;(12):61-85. (in persian).
- Fathinezhad S. Content Analysis of Theses and Dissertations in Sports Management from 2006 to 2011. Master’s thesis. , Islamic Azad University, Karaj City Branch, Iran; 2012.
- Asgari, B., Elahi AR, Poursoltani Zarandi H. Content Analysis of Sports Management Articles in the Journal of Sports Science Research: A field study. In: Sixth National Conference of Physical Education and Sports Science Students in Iran. 2011.
- Ghasemi H, Noorbakhsh M, Tappeh Reshi G. Content Analysis of Sports Management Articles in Scientific Research journals. Jahesh Q. 2010;2(6):17-24. (in persian).
- Barfroosh A. Content Analysis of Sports Journals Published in Winter of 2007. Media Studies Center. Tehran; 2007.
- Aidi H, Abbasi H, Sajjadi N. Content Analysis of the Science and Research Quarterly, Vols. 1-33. In: Fifth student Conference on Physical Education and Sports Sciences, December 2007. babolsar: Mazandaran University; 2007.
- Ghasemi H. Investigating the Role of Mass Media in the Development of Sports in Iran. phd thesis. Islamic Azad University, Science and Research Branch; 2007.
- Moradali M. Content Analysis of Sports News on 9 p.m. News Program. Master’s thesis in Communications. IRIB University; 2005.
- Rahnama B. Content Analysis of Sports News on IRIB Channel 3, 19:45 News Program. Master’s thesis. IRIB University; 2003.
- Alizadeh M. Content Analysis of Research Conducted in the Physical Education Organization from 1993 to 2009. Master’s thesis. Islamic Azad University, Karaj City Branch, Iran; 2010.
- Shilbury D. A bibliometric analysis of four sport management journals. Sport Manag Rev. 2011;14(4):434–52.
- Smucker M, Grappendorf H. A Content Analysis Of Sport Management Faculty Collaboration: Single Versus Multiple Authorship. Smart J. 2008;4(2):47–57.
- Pitts BG, Pedersen PM. Examining the body of scholarship in sport management: A content analysis of the journal of sport management. smart J. 2005;2(1):33–52.
- Mondello MJ, Pedersen PM. A Content Analysis of the Journal of Sports Economics. J Sports Econom. 2003;4(1):64–73.
- Rasekh N, Sajjadi N, Hamidi M, Khabiri M. Designing and Developing a Strategic Plan for Iranian Women’s Championship Sports. J Sport Manag. 2015;7(3):309-334. (in persian).
- Ramezani Nejad R. Physical Education in Schools. Tehran: SAMT; 2003. 328 p. (in persian).
- Motamedin M, Madadi B, Askarian F. Factors Contributing to Tendency or Lack of Tendency of Tabriz Citizens toward Public Sports. J Res Sport Sci. 2009;6(2):75-98. (in persian).
- Naderiyan Jahromi, M., Hashemi H. Deterrents to Participation of Female Employees in Sports in Isfahan. J Res Sport Sci. 2009;6(2):137-150. (in persian).
- Kabiri Moghadam M. Content Analysis of News Items Published in Sports Newspapers in the Second Half of 2004. Bachelor’s thesis in Communications. IRIB University; 2005.
- Sajjadi N, Aidi H, Mehrabani J, Abbasi H. Content Analysis of the Journal of Kinetics, Vols. 1-34. J Sport Manag. 2010;(5):141-153. (in persian).
- Tynedal J, Wolbring G. Paralympics and its Athletes Through The Lens of The New yourk times. MDPI. 2013;1(1):13–36.