Document Type : Research Paper
Associate professor, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences. University of Tabriz & Tehran, Tabriz &Tehran, Iran
Associate professor, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences. Kharazmi University, Tehran, Iran
Ph.D. Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences. Kharazmi University, Tehran, Iran
The overall objective of the present study was to determine the impact of social responsibility and environmental orientation on green marketing performance of Tehran municipality sports programs. The present study was a descriptive correlational research based on structural equation modeling. The statistical population of the study consisted of managers of Tehran municipality (managers of 22 districts and sports complexes) with 800 persons and the statistical sample was selected based on Cochran formula 260. In this study, Turker (2009) Social Responsibility Questionnaire, Banerjee (2002) Environmental Attitude and Fraj (2013) Marketing Performance Questionnaire were used. The apparent validity of the questionnaires was assessed using expert opinion and the construct validity (divergent and convergent) was assessed using confirmatory factor analysis and Fornell and Larcker criteria. Cronbach's alpha test was used to confirm the reliability of the questionnaires (α=0.77). Structural equation analysis with PLS statistical software was also used to analyze the data. The results showed that social responsibility has a positive and significant effect on marketing performance and explains 38.3% of the variance of marketing performance. However, environmental attitude did not show a significant effect on marketing performance. Therefore, it is suggested that green market orientation strategies be considered as one of the most important strategies in green performance improvement in RTSA in Tehran Municipality Sport Organization.
- Mondali Zadeh Z. Determining the Relationship of Market Orientation and Brand Orientation with Sports Clubs’ Performance. Sport Management Studies. 2019;10(52):73-90 (In Persian)
- Voss GB, Voss ZG. Strategic orientation and firm performance in an artistic environment. Journal of marketing. 2000;64(1):67-83.
- Marinova D, Ye J, Singh J. Do frontline mechanisms matter? Impact of quality and productivity orientations on unit revenue, efficiency, and customer satisfaction. Journal of Marketing. 2008;72(2):28-45.
- Wang T, Thornhill S, De Castro JO. Entrepreneurial orientation, legitimation, and new venture performance. Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal. 2017;11(4):373-92.
- Semrau T, Ambos T, Kraus S. Entrepreneurial orientation and SME performance across societal cultures: An international study. Journal of Business Research. 2016;69(5):1928-32.
- Wolff JA, Pett TL. Small‐firm performance: modeling the role of product and process improvements. Journal of Small Business Management. 2006;44(2):268-84.
- Schulenkorf N. Managing sport-for-development: Reflections and outlook. Sport management review. 2017 Jun 1; 20 (3):243-51.
- Schulenkorf N, Sherry E, Rowe K. Sport for development: An integrated literature review. Journal of sport management. 2016 Jan 1; 30 (1):22-39.
- Rowe K, Karg A, Sherry E. Community-oriented practice: Examining corporate social responsibility and development activities in professional sport. Sport Management Review. 2019 Jun 1; 22(3):363-78.
- Robertson, J., Eime, R. and Westerbeek, H., 2019. Community sports clubs: are they only about playing sport, or do they have broader health promotion and social responsibilities? Annals of Leisure Research, 22(2), pp.215-232.
- Eime RM, Harvey JT, Charity MJ, Casey MM, Van Uffelen JG, Payne WR. The contribution of sport participation to overall health enhancing physical activity levels in Australia: a population-based study. BMC public health. 2015 Dec 1; 15(1):806.
- Giulianotti R. Corporate social responsibility in sport: Critical issues and future possibilities. Corporate Governance. 2015 Apr 7: 15(2): 243-248.
- Walters G, Tacon R. Corporate social responsibility in sport: Stakeholder management in the UK football industry. Journal of Management and Organization. 2010 Sep 1; 16(4):566.
- Suplico LT. Impact of green marketing on the students' purchase decision. Journal of International Business Research. 2009 Sep 1; 8(SI. 2):71.
- Khorshidi, GH, Moghadami, S. (2003). (2003) Explaining the Concept of Social Marketing, Journal of Business Research, No. 28(7): 141-163. ( In Persian)
- Belz, F. M., & Peattie, K. (2009). Sustainability marketing: A global perspective. West Sussex: John Wiley & Sons.
- Papadas KK, Avlonitis GJ, Carrigan M, Piha L. The interplay of strategic and internal green marketing orientation on competitive advantage. Journal of Business Research. 2019 Nov 1; 104: 632-43.
- Polonsky MJ. Transformative green marketing: Impediments and opportunities. Journal of Business Research. 2011 Dec 1; 64(12):1311-9.
- Geels, F.W., McMeekin, A., Mylan, J. and Southerton, D., 2015. A critical appraisal of Sustainable Consumption and Production research: The reformist, revolutionary and reconfiguration positions. Global Environmental Change, 34, pp.1-12.
- Sanaei, A., Shafei, R. (2013). Designing a model for analyzing and forecasting of the customers purchasing behavior based on the functional attitude theory. Iranian Journal of Trade Studies, 16(62): 153-192. (In Persian)
- Übius Ü, Alas R. Organizational culture types as predictors of corporate social responsibility. Engineering economics. 2009 Feb 13; 61(1).
- Rabiei, M., Gholami, M. (2016). Enablers, results, human resources, damages, Maskan Bank Studying the impact of social responsibility of organizational commitment. Educational Administration Research, 7(27): 69-98. (In Persian)
- Frank-Martin B, Peattie KJ. Sustainability marketing: a global perspective. Wiley; 2009.
- Aguinis H. Organizational responsibility: Doing good and doing well.
- Banerjee SB. Corporate environmentalism: The construct and its measurement. Journal of business research. 2002 Mar 1; 55(3):177-91.
- Green KW, Zelbst PJ, Meacham J, Bhadauria VS. Green supply chain management practices: impact on performance. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal. 2012 Apr 27.
- Menguc B, Auh S, Ozanne L. The interactive effect of internal and external factors on a proactive environmental strategy and its influence on a firm's performance. Journal of Business Ethics. 2010 Jun 1; 94(2):279-98.
- Turker D. Measuring corporate social responsibility: A scale development study. Journal of business ethics. 2009 Apr 1; 85(4):411-27.
- Fraj E, Martínez E, Matute J. Green marketing in B2B organisations: An empirical analysis from the natural‐resource‐based view of the firm. Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing. 2013 Jun 7: 28(5): 396-410.
- Abbas J, Mahmood S, Ali H, Ali Raza M, Ali G, Aman J, Bano S, Nurunnabi M. The effects of corporate social responsibility practices and environmental factors through a moderating role of social media marketing on sustainable performance of business firms. Sustainability. 2019 Jan; 11(12):3434.
- Fatoki, O. Green Marketing Orientation and Environmental and Social Performance of Hospitality Firms in South Africa. Foundations of Management. 2019 Jan 11(1):277-290.
- Matten D, Moon J. Corporate social responsibility. Journal of business Ethics. 2004 Dec; 54(4):323-37.
- Walker M, Heere B, Parent MM, Drane D. Social responsibility and the Olympic Games: The mediating role of consumer attributions. Journal of business ethics. 2010 Sep;95(4):659-80.