Document Type : Research Paper
Associate Professor, Department of Sport Management, Faculty of Sport Sciences, University of Isfahan, Isfahan, Iran.
Department of Sport Management,, Faculty of Physical education and Sport Sciences, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran.
PhD in Sport Management, Kish International Campus, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran.
Sport organization in competitive environment need an effective performance appraisal system for developing, growing and sustainability that with it evaluate effectiveness and efficiency of organization programs, processes and human resources. The aim of present study was to provide a combined model of Fuzzy AHP and numerical taxonomy analysis for sport organizational ranking and performance appraisal in which subjects were Esfahan youth and sport offices. This research is a type of applied research, which was conducted in a descriptive and field-based. Statistical society was the top managers of Iran’s youth and sport offices that 297 people were selected by accessible sampling. In the first step, related indices with four balanced scorecard perspective were identified, for what scientific resources, research background, professional comments, and finally confirmatory factor analysis were used. At the end, 41 indices were identified and classified in BSC four perspectives. After confirmation of final construct of balanced scorecard, Fuzzy Analytical Hierarchy Process was used, in order to identify weight of indices in every four perspectives of balanced scorecard. Then, using numerical taxonomy method, 26 youth and sport offices in Esfahan were ranked. According to the results, youth and sport offices of Esfahan city, Najaf Abad, and Shahin Shahr were in first to third places, respectively. Finally a model was provided in order to performance appraisal and ranking sport organizations using the previous path. The provided model not only can identify studied organizations situation in every executive areas, but also can make a framework for better management and efficient performance.
- Yarmohammadian, M H., Shahtalebi, S., Fouladvand, M., Shahtalebi, B (2015). “Providing a Model for evaluating universities performance (A survey study of Islamic Azad University Isfahan (Khorasgan) Branch”. Journal management system, 6(22), pp: 19-38. (In Persian).
- Rahimi, Z., Payamani, A., Anbari, KH (2015). “Performance Evaluation of Shahid Rahimi Khoramabadi Hospital Based on EFQM Organizational Excellence Model”. Journal of Lorestan University of Medical Sciences, 17(3), pp: 87-94. (in Persian).
- Ghanbari Shahraji, M., Rashidipanah, M., Soltaninasanb, R., Pournorouz Golroudbari, M., Tavakoli, A., Khorshidifard, S., Attar, M., Ghahramanpour, A (2012). “Approaches of Performance Evaluation in Organizations”. Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business, 4(8), pp: 620-625.
- Dehghani, E., Shahverdiyani, Sh., Ansari, K (2015). “Ranking and Performance Evaluation of City Bank Branches Using Balanced Scorecard Approach Using TOPSIS Model”, Financial Engineering and Portfolio Management, 5(20), pp: 119-147. (In Persian).
- Rezania, K., Mokhatab Rafiei, F., Shirouyehzad, H (2013). “Performance Evaluation of Sport Association Board of Isfahan Province through DEA and a Championship Approach”. International Journal of Data Envelopment Analysis, 1(4), pp: 227-246.
- Emad Eshghi, M (2011). “Evaluation of the Performance of Physical Education Departments of Khorasan Province Using 360 Degree Evaluation Model”. Master Thesis, University of Ferdosi Mashhad, pp: 13-14. (In Persian).
- Khanmoradi, S., Zardoshtian, SH., Abbasi, H (2015). “The Performance Assessment of Youth and Sports Offices of Based on the EFQM Model in Kermanshah”. Organizational Behavior Management in Sport Studies, 2(3), pp: 69-78. (In Persian).
- Mirfakhredini, H., Peymanfar, M H., Khatibi Oghada, A., Alimohammadi, H (2013). “Performance Assessment of Sports Organization with BSC – Topsis Integrated Model”. Journal of Sport Management, 5(16), pp: 77-96. (In Persian).
- Fekete, M., Rozenberg, I (2014). “The Practical Model of Employee Performance Evaluation”. International Conference Human Capital without Borders: Knowledge and Learning for Quality of Life, Portoroz, Sloveia, pp: 141-149.
- Rajaee, R., Mousavi Fard, M., Farzam, A., Ghamari, F., Kalhor, R., Gholami, S (2016). “Application of Balanced Scorecard (BSC) in Evaluating the Performance of Health Care Providers: A Review”. International Journal on Recent and Innovation Trends in Computing and Communication, 4(3), pp: 322-327.
- Awadallah, E., Allam, A (2015). “A Critique of the Balanced Scorecard as a Performance Measurement Tool”. International Journal of Business and Social Science, 6(7), pp: 91-99.
- Sorooshian, S (2014). “Study on Unbalanceness of the Balanced Scorecard”. Applied Mathematical Sciences, 8(84), pp: 4163-4169.
- Lehmann, D R., Zahay, D., Peltier, J W (2013). “Survey Analyze Customer Relationship Management Using Balanced Scorecard”. Journal of Interactive Marketing, 27, pp: 1-16.
- Hariri, N., Sarafpoor, S (2014). “Exposure Indicators for Performance Evaluation of Iranian Special Libraries with Balanced Scorecard Approach”. Journal of Knowledge Studies, 27, pp: 31-42. (In Persian).
- Hanine, M., Boutkhoum, O., Tikniouine, A., Agouti, T (2016). “Comparison of Fuzzy AHP and Fuzzy TODIM Methods for Landfill Location Selection”. Springer Plus, 5, pp: 1-30.
- Shaout, A., Yousif, M K (2014). “Performance Evaluation – Methods and Techniques Survey”. International Journal of Computer and Information Technology, 3(5), pp: 966-979.
- Rani, D K., Sakthivel, S (2015). “Analytical Hierarchy Process – Study on its Applicability on Web Based Environment”. International Journal of Software Engineering and Its Applications, 9(4), pp: 37-46.
- Salimi, M., Soltanhoseini, M., Shabanibahar, GH (2012). “Locating Sports Places Using Continuous and Discrete Space Models Based on Combining Two Models of AHP and TOPSIS”. Sport Management Studies, 4(13), pp: 157-180. (In Persian).
- Wang, Y., Xi, C., Zhang, S., Yu, D., Zhang, W., Li, Y (2014). “A Combination of Extended Fuzzy AHP and Fuzzy GRA for Government E-Tendering in Hybrid Fuzzy Environment”. The Scientific World Journal, 2014, pp: 1-11.
- Eydia, A., Farughia, H., Abdib, F (2016). “A Hybrid Method Based on Fuzzy AHP and VIKOR for the Discrete Time-Cost-Quality Trade-off Problem”. Journal of Optimization in Industrial Engineering, 19, pp: 105-116.
- Moeini, H (2014). “Vendor Selection via Fuzzy Analytic Hierarchy Process: A Case Study”. Journal of Social Science and Management, 1(1), pp: 61-69.
- Wang, F., Shi, Q., Hu, Z W., Xia, W (2016). “Outcome-based Contractors Selection Using the Integrated Fuzzy AHP and Fuzzy TOPISIS Method”. International Journal of Hybrid Information Technology, 9(4), pp: 83-92.
- Ansah, R H., Sorooshian, S., Bin Mustafa, S (2015). “Analytic Hierarchy Process Decision Making Algorithm”. Global Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, 11(4), PP: 2403-2410.
- Lashgari, Z., Safari, K (2014). “Portfolio Selection Using Fuzzy Analytic Hierarchy Process (FAHP)”. Journal of Accounting, Finance and Economics, 4(1), pp: 68-85.
- Sbeity, I., Dbouk, M., Kobeissi, H (2014). “Combining the Analytical Hierarchy Process and the Genetic Algorithm to Solve the Timetable Problem”. International Journal of Software Engineering & Applications, 5(4), pp: 39-50.
- Vafaei, F (2007). “Designing a Mathematical Model for Measuring the Performance of MADM Compensation Models Using the DEA Method in the EFQM System”. D. Thesis, Faculty of Humanities, Tarbiat Modares University, pp: 23-26. (In Persian).
- Honari, H., Salimi, M., Soltan Hosseini, M (2013). “Analyzing Effective Criteria on Attraction the Foreign Sport Tourists to Iran”. Urnan Regional Studies and Research, 5(18), pp: 25-46, (in Persian).
- Dadfar, S., Azimi, N., Ahmadi, H (2013). “Functional Evaluation of Mazandaran Province Cities Using Factor Analysis, Numerical Taxonomy and Cluster Analysis”. Armanshahr Architecture & Urban Development, 5(10), pp: 253-266.
- Zand, F., Sepahvand, A., Sohrabi, S (2013). “Evaluation of Education and Cultural Development in Lorestan Province”. International Research Journal of Applied and Basic Sciences, 4(11), pp: 3444-3449.
- Momeni, M., Jafari, A (2015). “Comparative Study of Applying Methods of Measuring Development in Regional Studies: A Case Study of 15 Regions in Isfahan”. Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences, 6(1), pp: 363-370.
- Kusumawardani, R O., Agintiara, M (2015). “Application of Fuzzy AHP-TOPSIS Method for Decision Making in Human Resource Manager Selection Process”. The Third Information Systems International Conference, Surabaya, Indonesia, Procedia Computer Science, 72, pp: 638-646.
- Mahapatra, B., Mukherjee, K., Bhar, C (2015). “Performance Measurement–an DEA-AHP Based Approach”. Journal of Advanced Management Science, 3(1), pp: 26-30.
- Metaxas, L N., Koulouriotis, D E., Spartalis, S H (2016). “A Multicriteria Model on Calculating the Sustainable Business Excellence Index of a Firm with Fuzzy AHP and TOPSIS”. Benchmarking: An International Journal, 23(6), pp: 1522-1557.
- Gumus, A T., Yayla, A Y., Çelik, E., Yildiz, A (2013). “A Combined Fuzzy-AHP and Fuzzy-GRA Methodology for Hydrogen Energy Storage Method Selection in Turkey”. Energies, 6, PP: 3017-3032.
- Sun, C C (2010). “A Performance Evaluation Model by Integrating Fuzzy AHP and Fuzzy Topsis Methods”. Expert Systems with Applications, 37, pp: 7745-7754.
- Kavoosi Kalashami, M (2015). “Determining and ranking export goal markets of Iran's packaged Saffron”. Journal of Saffron Agronomy and Technology, 3(1), pp: 43-48. (In Persian).
- Eskandari Dastgiri, S., Amirtash, A M., Safania, A M (2018). “The Relationship between the Performance Components Evaluation in the Efficiency of Sport Federations”. Applied Research of Sport Management, 6(24), pp: 19-26. (In Persian).
- Soleimani-Damaneh, J., Nejad Sajadi, S A., Salimi, M (2017). “Identifying and Prioritizing the Performance Evaluation Indices of Iranian Directorates of Sports and Youth from the Experts’ Viewpoints Using the AHP Model”. Sport Management and Development, 6(1), pp: 53-65. (in Persian).
- Mohammadi, L., Honari, H., Afshari, M (2016). “Performance Evaluation of Sport Federation Applying European Foundation for Quality Management Excellence Index: Case Study (Canoeing federation)”. Sport Management Studies, 8(35), pp: 163-182. (In Persian).
- T Y., Lu, S T., Tzeng, G H (2004). “Fuzzy MCDM Approach for Planning and Design Tenders’ Selection in Public Office Buildings”. International Journal of Project Management, 22(7), pp: 573–584.