Document Type : Research Paper
Department of Physical Education, Mashhad Branch, Islamic Azad University, Mashhad, Iran
Department of Sport Management, Faculty of physical education and sport sciences. Ferdowsi University. Mashhad, Iran
Introduction: Today, the concept of brand has been publicized more than its origin. It is no longer restricted to services, goods, and companies and has developed into a new phenomenon called personal branding. A developed personal brand has many material and spiritual benefits for professional athletes and as such, it is necessary to identify the factors affecting the citizenship sports in Iran.
Methods: This research aimed to design a conceptual model of brand identity of citizenship sport in Iran through the grounded theory approach. Based on the objectives of the research, the research type is explorative and done through a descriptive-analytic method. The data were collected by library and field research. This research is qualitative and based on the grounded theory, in which the data collection tools were semi-structured interviews, and snowball sampling leading to saturation was utilized.
Results: A total of 20 individuals participated in the interview. Based on the findings, after three stages of open coding, selective coding, and theoretical coding, the factors affecting the brand identity of citizenship sports were determined.
Conclusion: through the nature of branding, the possibility of progress and development can be provided and the ground for improving the state of citizen sports can be provided in a favorable way.
- Abedi, Ehsan, Jamalo, Fatemeh (2016). "Investigation of factors affecting corporate brand identity and its effect on brand performance and employee satisfaction of Alborz Insurance" (case study: employees of Tehran province). Business Management, Volume 9, Number 3[In Persian]. https://jibm.ut.ac.ir/article_63845.
- Alireza, Jabari Nougabi, Mehdi (2017). "Explaining the effect of specific brand value, brand image and fan commitment on the international branding of the country's top football clubs". New Approaches in Sports Management, Volume 6, Number 21. [In Persian]. http://ntsmj.issma.ir/article-1-1118-en.html
- Ahmadifard, Kazem, Khanleri, Amir, Masoumi, Hamidreza (2017). "Investigating the relationship between brand identity, perceived value and brand satisfaction with purchase intention considering the mediating role of brand preference". Science and Engineering Elite Magazine, Volume 3, Number 6.[In Persian]. https://ijms.ut.ac.ir/article_32068_5aaac9f3fa1104af94dbbec8308d2adc.pdf
- Aaker, J. L. (2007).» Dimensions of brand personality«. Journal of Marketing Research, 34(3), 347-53
- Bamert, T., & Wehrli, H. P. (2005). » Service quality as an important dimension of brand equity in Swiss services industries«. Managing Service Quality, 15(2), 132-141. https://www.emerald.com/insight/content/doi/10.1108/09604520510585325/full/html
- Callejo, M. B., & Forcadell, F. A. (2016). Real Madrid Football Club:» A new model of business organization for sports clubs in Spain«. Global Business and Organizational Excellence, 26 (1), 51-64 https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/joe.20121
- Coleman, J. S. (2011). » Positioning of Store Brands«. Marketing Science, 21(4), 378-397. https://www.jstor.org/stable/1558072
- Chernatony, L. D., & Mc Donalds, M. (2006). » Creating powerful brands: in consumer, service and market « (2 ed.).British:Butterworth Heinemann. https://books.google.com/books/about/Creating_Powerful_Brands_in_Consumer_Ser.html?id=Vxr3eMlj9mkC
- Dehdashti Shahrokh, Zohra, Suleimanzadeh, Omid, Shah Mirzaei, Vahidreza (2016). "The effect of matching customer identity with the brand on the special value of the brand in hotel services". Tourism Management Studies Quarterly, Year 12, Number 40.[In Persian]. https://tms.atu.ac.ir/?lang=en
- Rajabzadeh, Reza, Talebpour, Mehdi, Haddadian,Essamri, A., McKechnie, S., & Winklhofer, H. (2018). » Co-creating corporate brand identity with online brand communities: A managerial perspective«. Journal of Business Research. doi:10.1016/j.jbusres.2018.07.015
- Farquhar, P. H. (2009). »Managing brand equity«. Marketing research, 1(3), 24-33.Iglesias, O., Landgraf, P., Ind, N., Markovic, S., & Koporcic, N. (2019). »Corporate brand identity co-creation in business-to-business contexts«. Industrial Marketing Management. doi:10.1016/j.indmarman.2019.09.008
- Fasangri, Javad, Bansbardi, Ali, Shushi Nasab, Parvin (2016). "Investigating the relationship between brand identity and team identity of fans in Iran's premier football league teams". New approaches in sports management, period 5, number 16.[In Persian].
- Jabri, Akbar, Sajjadi, Nasrullah, Khabeiri, Mohammad, Jalali Farahani, Majid (2016). "Effects of brand identity components on fans' identification with the brand of Iran Premier Football League clubs". New approaches in sports management, period 5, number 17. [In Persian]. http://ntsmj.issma.ir/article-1-928-en.html
- Jioya, V. (2010). » Relationship of brand identity and image«. Engineering economics, 1 (51), 69-79.
- Kalliopi,S., Shilbury, D and Christine, G. (2008). » Sport Development Systems, Policies and Pathways: An Introduction to the Special Issue«. Sport Management Review, Vol. 11, p. 217-223 . https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1441352308701104
- Kapferer, J. N. (2004). » Brand Confusion: Empirical Study of a Legal Concept«.Journal of Psychology and Marketing, 12(6), 551–569. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/mar.4220120607
- Keller, N. M. (2003). » Transfer of brand equity in brand extensions: The importance of brand loyalty«. Advances in Consumer Research, 30 (1), 72-9. https://www.acrwebsite.org/volumes/8739/volumes/v30/na-30
- Loureiro, S. (2012). » Love and loyalty in car brands«: Segmentation using finite mixture partial least squares, challenges at the interface of data analysis, computer science, and optimization studies in classification, data analysis, and knowledge organization, Proceedings of the 34th Annual Conference of the Gesellschaft für Klassifikation e. V., Karlsruhe, July 21 - 23, 503-10 . https://www.researchgate.net/publication/221649423_Love_and_Loyalty_in_Car_Brands_Segmentation_Using_Finite_Mixture_Partial_Least_Squares.
- Motamedin, M. Maddi, B. and Askarian, F. (2009). "Description of the factors of tendency or lack of tendency of Tabrizi citizens towards public sports". Research in sports medicine. Sh23.[In Persian]. https://www.tandfonline.com/journals/gspm20
- Mozafari, A. Elahi, A. Qara, M. and Poursoltani, H. (2011). "Comprehensive System of Development of Championship Sports of the Islamic Republic of Iran. Research Plan", Research Institute of Physical Education and Sports Sciences.[In Persian].
- Numerato, D. (2009). »The institutionalization of regional public sport in the Czech republic« . International journal of sport policy, 1(1).13-30. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/19406940802681236
- Pyun, D. Y., Kwon, H. H., & Lee, C.-W. (2011). » The influences of perceived brand quality and ethnocentrism on consumption patterns of a global sports brand: the case of Korean college students«. International Journal of Sports Marketing and Sponsorship, 13(1), 18–32. doi:10.1108/ijsms-13-01-2011-b003. The influences of perceived brand quality and ethnocentrism on consumption patterns of a global sports brand: the case of Korean college students.
- Rather, R, A (2017): » Investigating the impact of customer brand identification on hospitality brand loyalty: a social identity perspective«, Journal of Hospitality Marketing & Management, DOI: 10.1080/19368623.2018.1404539. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/19368623.2018.1404539.
- Richelieu, A. (2018). »A sport-oriented place branding strategy for cities, regions and countries«. Sport, Business and Management: An International Journal.doi:10.1108/sbm-02-2018-0010. https://www.emerald.com/insight/content/doi/10.1108/SBM-02-2018-0010/full/html.
- Thomas J. Madden. (2006). »Brands matter: an empirical demonstration of the creation of shareholder value through branding«. Academy of Marketing Science Journal, 34 (2), 224-235. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1177/0092070305283356.
- Schewe, G. (2016). » Imitation as a Strategic Option for External Acquisition of Technology«. Journal of Eng. Technol. Manage. 13; 55-82. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0923474896000057.
- Wang, Y.-Y. Tang, (2018).» Examining the antecedents of sport team brand equity: A dualidentification perspective«, Sport Management Review, http://dx.doi.org/ 10.1016/ j.smr.2017.07.010. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1441352317300694.