Document Type : Research Paper
Ph.D. of Sports Management, Farabi Campus, University of Tehran, Iran
Assistant Professor, Department of Sports Management, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, University of Tehran, Iran
M.Sc., Sports Management, Payame Noor University, Karaj Branch, Iran
The Covid-19 pandemic affected and stagnated all industries. How to deal with this period and its medium and long-term effects has greatly challenged all industries, including sports. The present study aims to provide a dynamic model of the post-corona era in terms of the chaos theory in the sports industry system. The method of study is Delphi, which was performed qualitatively in four rounds. Sampling of the study was Purposive sampling. In this study, sports management experts and psychometric experts were used as the target sample. To evaluate the adequacy of the research method, four experts were used as parallel samples to ensure the quality of the research. Vensim.PLE and Checkmate software were used for data analysis. The results of the research in the first round showed the degree of agreement of experts on the chaotic situation in the seven main statements as points of chaos and disorder. In the second round, points of familiarity and interactions between propositions were reported. In the third round, the future state of the sports industry was determined according to the main and sub-propositions obtained in the post-crown period, according to the main strategy matrix. The strategies required was determined by Grand matrix. Finally, the model of the dynamic system of the country's sports industry for the post-Corona era was drawn. In general, the implementation of such a system is a basic need of the post-corona era, and through it, the feedback cycle of the system can be identified in order to achieve order in the chaos and turmoil in the country's sports industry.
- Amodio DM, Master SL, Yee CM, Taylor SE. Neurocognitive components of the behavioral inhibition and activation systems: Implications for theories of self‐regulation. Psychophysiology. 2008 Jan;45(1):11-9.
- Mousavo Haghighi SH, Rajabi A. Modeling the effect of changes in energy intensity in the industrial sector on economic indicators and Environmental with system dynamics methodology. Quarterly Journal of Economic Modeling Research: No. 12 Summer 2013. 103-134.
- Jensen M. Value maximisation, stakeholder theory, and the corporate objective function. European financial management. 2001 Sep;7(3):297-317.
- Ribero Medina R, Ramírez Gómez M. Chaos-definition, detection and examples. 1992. 30, 189-214
- Arboleda AS. La Escuela bajo los preceptos de la Teoría del Caos: incertidumbre, caos, complejidad, lógica difusa y bioaprendizajes. Biociencias. 2016;11(1):91-103.
- Almarza F. La Teoría del Caos. Hacia un Modelo Unitario de Interpretación Epistémica, Escritos en arte, estética y cultura, tercera época. 2002 Jan;15:107-50.
- Figueroa W, Prada D, Vera P, Gomez J, Montes E, Bautista G. Analysis of population dynamics and chaos theory. InJournal of Physics: Conference Series 2020 (Vol. 1448, No. 1, p. 012001). IOP Publishing.
- Al-Dosari KN. Assessing The Impacts of COVID-19 On Mega Sporting Events: A Case Of The OF 2022 FIFA World Cup In Qatar. Global Journal of Health Sciences. 2020 Sep 7;5(2):1-7.
- Lorenz EN. Deterministic nonperiodic flow. Journal of atmospheric sciences. 1963 Mar;20(2):130-41.
- Lartey FM. Chaos, Complexity, and Contingency Theories: A Comparative Analysis and Application to the 21st Century Organization. Journal of Business Administration Research. 2020;9(1):44-51.
- Levy D. Chaos theory and strategy: Theory, application, and managerial implications. Strategic management journal. 1994 Jun;15(S2):167-78.
- Doherty N, Delener N. Chaos theory: Marketing & management implications. Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice. 2001 Oct 1;9(4):66-75.
- Murphy P. Chaos theory as a model for managing issues and crises. Public relations review. 1996 Jun 1;22(2):95-113.
- Gauthier Y. The construction of chaos theory. Foundations of science. 2009 Aug;14(3):153-65.
- Sher M, Bradford J. The Future of the Sports Industry in a Post-Covid World. sport and entertainment. 2020: Mediacom.
- RECOVERING BETTE: SPORT FOR DEVELOMENT AND PEACE. (2020). 34.
- Parnell D, Widdop P, Bond A, Wilson R. COVID-19, networks and sport. Managing Sport and Leisure. 2020 Apr 2:1-7.
- Stevens V, Prins RG. Twitterers’ sentiments towards the COVID-19 responses of the FIA, UEFA and IOC. Retrieved April. 2020;24:2020..
- Mann RH, Clift BC, Boykoff J, Bekker S. Athletes as community; athletes in community: covid-19, sporting mega-events and athlete health protection. 2020: 1071-1072.
- EOC EU Office coordinates a multi-stakeholder Covid-19 position paper asking the EU to support sport organisations. Retrieved April 28, 2020 from
- Evans AB, Blackwell J, Dolan P, Fahlén J, Hoekman R, Lenneis V, McNarry G, Smith M, Wilcock L. Sport in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic: towards an agenda for research in the sociology of sport. 2020:85-95.
- Fahlén J, Stenling C. Sport policy in Sweden. International journal of sport policy and politics. 2016 Jul 2;8(3):515-31.
- van der Poel, H.Wat betekenen de coronamaatregelen voor sport en bewegen?”. 2020: Retrieved from https://www.mulierinstituut.nl/actueel/wat-betekenen-de-coronamaatregelen-voor-sport-en-bewegen/.
- Lopes AM, Tenreiro Machado JA. Entropy analysis of soccer dynamics. Entropy. 2019 Feb;21(2):187.
- Ahmmadi M, Esfehaninia A, Noordehi MA, Ahmadi M. Developing a Framework for Controlling and Compensating Financial Losses in the Sports Industry (Case Study: Coronavirus Outbreak in Iran). Contemporary research in sports management. 2020: 10, 20(20). 11-24.
- Rizehvandi A, Afroozeh MS, Jalilvand M. Identify the challenges of the sports business in the Covid 10 crisis and provide solutions. Journal of Sports Management Studies. 2020: 12(61). 256-288.
- Turoff M, Linstone HA. The Delphi method-techniques and applications. 2002. 618.
- Keeney S, Hasson F, McKenna H. The Delphi technique in nursing and health research. Chichester, west Sussex: willey-blackwell. 2011. 168.