Document Type : Research Paper
Assistant Professor, Clinical Care and Health Promotion Research Center, Karaj branch, Islamic Azad University, Karaj, Iran
Associate Professor, Clinical Care and Health Promotion Research Center, Karaj branch, Islamic Azad University, Karaj, Iran
Department Physical Education and Sport Sciences, Iran University of Scienc and Technology Tehran, Iran
Influencing the ideas of others has considerable interest for supplier and service organizations. Therefore, the aim of this study was to investigate the role of E-word of mouth on Businesses Performance of eSports with mediating of consumer purchasing behavior. The study was descriptive-correlational research. The research population included all customer of E-sport business of Karaj, obtained through random- cluster sampling with appropriate allocation. According to PASS, 340 people were selected as the final sample. To collect data, two standard questionnaires, i.e. Kim’s purchase behavior (2008) and Mamoun Businesses questionnaire (2011) were used. Validity of the form and the content of the questionnaire were confirmed by 10 professors and experts in sports management. The reliability of the questionnaire using Cronbach's alpha was calculated to be 0.92. Structural equation modeling was used in inferential statistics. The results showed that E-word of mouth (β = 0/49, p <0/05) and consumer purchase behaviour (β = 0/56, p <0/05) have significant effect on BP. According to the results of the research, managers of eSports can be recommended to
provide services to clients showing their best performance so that existing customers attract new clients by word-of-mouth advertising in the city.
- Abdolmaleki, H. Mirzazadeh, Z. and Alidoust Ghahfarokhhi, E. (2016) The role played by socio-cultural factors in sports consumer behavior. Ann. Appl. Sport Sci. 4(3): 17–25.
- Abdolmaleki, H. Mirzazadeh, Z. and Heidari, F. (2015) The future of human resources in sport organizations with scenario making, the case study: developing country of Iran. International Journal of Research in Management. 6(5): 41–52.
- Alexa, B.B. Becker, J.U. van Heerde, H.J. and Michel, C. (2015) The impact of pr and postlaunch publicity and advertising on new product sales. Intern. J. of Research Marketing. 4(15): pp.1–10.
- Azimzadeh, S M. Ehsani, M.Kordnaeij, A. Kozechian, H. Pitts, B. (2014) a model for small and medium -sized sport enterprises start-up. JSMD. 1(4): 51- 68.
- Bee, C.C. and Cahle, L.R. (2006) Relationship marketing in sports: a functional approach. Sport Marketing Quarterly. 15(2): 102–112.
- Brown, T.J. Barry, T.E. Dacin, P.A. and Gunst, R.F. (2005) Spreading the word: investigating antecedents of consumers positive word-of-mouth intentions and behaviors in a retailing context. J. Acad. Market. Sci. 33(2): 123–138.
- Carvajal, S.A. Ruzzi, A.L. Nogales, A.F. and Suárez, M.G. (2012) Focusing resources for customer loyalty: an application to the Chilean banking industry. Afr J Bus Manag.6(3): 1100–1108.
- Cunningham, G. B., Fairley, S., Ferkins, L., Kerwin, S., Lock, D., Shaw, S., & Wicker, P. (2018). eSport: Construct specifications and implications for sport management. Sport Management Review. 21(1): 1-6.
- Dhurup, M. Mofoka, M.A. and Surujlal, J. (2010) The relationship between stadium sportscapes dimensions, desire to stay and future attendance: sport participation. African Journal for Physical Health Education, Recreation and Dance. 16(3): 462–473.
- Fullerton, G. (2003) When does commitment leads to loyalty?. Journal of Service Research. 5(4): 333–345.
- Funk, D. C., Pizzo, A. D., & Baker, B. J. (2018). eSport management: Embracing eSport education and research opportunities. Sport Management Review. 21(1): 7-13.
- Hallmann, K., & Giel, T. (2018). eSports–Competitive sports or recreational activity?. Sport management review. 21(1): 14-20.
- Hassanzadeh, M. (2005) Sports Marketing, 1st ed. Tehran, Porseman Publishing, Persian: 10-16.
- Ian, A. (2011) Effective marketing communication efforts of sports development initiatives: a case study of the public sector in the United Kingdom. International Journal of Business, Humanities and Technology. 1(1): 8–21.
- Jun, M., Cai, S. and Shin, H. (2006) TQM practice in maquiladora: antecedents of employee satisfaction and loyalty. Journal of Operations Management. 24(6): 791–812.
- Kim, K. and Trail, G. (2010) The influence of relationship quality on sport consumption behaviors: an empirical examination of the relationship quality framework. 2010 North American Society for Sport Management Conference. Tampa, Florida, USA: 576–592.
- Kim, Y.K. and Trail, G. (2011) A conceptual framework for understanding relationships between sport consumers and sport organizations: a relationship quality approach. Journal of Sport Management. 25(1): 57–69.
- Kisang, R. and Hessup, H. (2010) Influence of physical environment on disconfirmation, customer satisfaction and customer loyalty for first-time and repeat customers in upscale restaurants. International CHRIE Conference-Refereed Track, University of Massachusetts–Amherst, Massachusetts, USA: 1-14.
- Lim, S.J. (2006) The Influence of Service Quality on Customer Satisfaction and Attitudinal Loyalty and Behavioral Future Intentions of Participation of Fitness in South Korea. Dissertation Presented in Partial Fulfillment of the Requirement the Degree Doctor of Philosophy. Alabama University: 23- 43.
- Liu, Y.C. (2008) An Analysis Service Quality, Customer Satisfaction and Customer Loyalty of Commercial Swim Clubs in Taiwan. A Dissertation Project Submitted to the Faculty of the United States Sports Academy in Partial Fulfillment of the Requirements for the Degree of Doctor of Sports Management.
- Mazzarol, T. Sweeney, J.C. and Soutar, G.N. (2007) Conceptualizing word-of-mouth activity, triggers and conditions: an exploratory study. European Journal of Marketing. 41(11–12): 1475–1494.
- Naz, F. (2014) Word of mouth and its impact on marketing. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications. 4(1): 1–4.
- Ntale, P. and D. Ngoma, M. Musiime, A. (2013) Relationship marketing, word of mouth communication and consumer loyalty in the Ugandan mobile telecommunication industry. African Journal of Business Management. 7(5): 354–359.
- Polman, R. Trotter, M. Poulus, D. Brokoles, E (2019) eSport:Friend or Foe? Queensland University of Technology, School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences: 1-10.
- Saatchian, V. Safari, H.R. Rasouli, S.M. Eskandari, E. and Elahi, A.R. (2014) Its service quality, customer satisfaction and loyalty with the intention of buying futures in aerobics and fitness centers, exercise and move. Journal of Research in Management. 3(5): 125–137.
- Sungjoon, N. Puneet, M. and Pradeep, K.Ch. (2007) The effects of service quality and word of mouth on customer acquisition, retention and usage. Conference University of Chicago, Chicago. USA: 1–48.
- Valenzuela, L.M. Mulki, J.P. and Jaramillo, J.F. (2010) Impact of customer orientation, inducements and ethics on loyalty to the firm: customers’ perspective. J Bus Ethic. 93(2): 277–291.