Document Type : Research Paper
Associate Professor, Department of Sport Management, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, Allameh Tabatabai University, Tehran, Iran.
The purpose of this study was to explain the functions of video media in the development of high school students' motor literacy. The statistical population of the study was determined based on its executive nature and the exact number of people was not known using Morgan table of 384 high school students in Tehran. To collect data, two questionnaires were used on the role of visual media in the development of sports and health taken from research (Niknam, 1392 and Randall, 1382) and the standard questionnaire of motor literacy (Vahdani, 1394). Also, the validity of the questionnaires was confirmed by sports management and media experts and their reliability was confirmed using Cronbach's alpha test. Findings showed that there is a significant difference between the mean score of media performance and motor literacy and all their components with the hypothetical mean. Also, it was found that there is a positive and significant relationship between media function and its components with motor literacy and media function components have the ability to predict 44% of changes in motor literacy. Finally, it is clear that the structural model of the relationship between the two main variables of the research has a significant fit. According to the findings, it can be said that officials, parents and related persons by focusing on the function of visual media in the field of sports, can promote the growth and development of motor literacy of students and adolescents and thus expand the culture of providing appropriate content in society, So that parents can use this content to have a good plan for their children and their future.
- Physical Education Organization of the Islamic Republic of Iran. "Strategic document of the comprehensive system of development of physical education and sports of the country, approved by the meeting dated 9/6/1382 of the esteemed Council of Ministers". 2003. [In Persian].
- Ilhan, L., Genser, E. "The media as the factor of tending to sport in children: A study after a TV competition program named as "Ice dancing". Journal of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, 2012, 6 (1), 85-93.
- Ghasemi, H., Tojari, F., Boroujerdi Alavi, M., Emami, H., Amiri, M. "Content analysis of the views of the heads of the physical education organization on the components of sports (1978-2009)". Sports Management, 2012, 3 (13), 52-137. [In Persian].
- Razavi, M, H., Doosti, M., Ghasemi Siani, M. "The role of mass media in the tendency of people to international sports with emphasis on physical fitness". 2014, No. 1, 71-80. [In Persian].
- Smith, B, J., Bonfiglioli, C, M, F. "Physical activity in the mass media: an audience". Health education research, 2014, 30 (2), 359–369.
- Ghasemi, H., Mozaffari, S, A, A., Amir Tash, A, M. "Development of sports through television in Iran". Journal of Research in Sports Science, 2007, No. 17, 131-148. [In Persian].
- Seyed Ameri, M, H., Qurban Bardi, M, A. "Explain the strategies to attract and increase citizen participation in public and recreational sports programs". Sports Management and Motor Science Research, 2012, Second Year, No. 4, 23-34. [In Persian].
- Zarifi, M., Davoodi, K. "National media and the development of mass sports". Journal of Communication Research, 2014, Volume 19, Number 1, pp. 119-134. [In Persian].
- Holzwehr, F. "Sport for all as a social change and fitness development". Institute of sport science. Vienna University, Austria, 2002.
- Afrozeh, M., Hamidi, M., Elahi, A. "Identifying the attitudes of members of university sports associations according to the media approach to sports". Journal of Communication Research, 2012, No. 14, 85-99. [In Persian].
- Mousavi Nasab, M, H. "Sports channel. Tehran, Radio and Television Organization". Department of Comparative Studies of Research Management, 2012, No. 14, 25-36. [In Persian].
- Biryukov, N, S. "Television and its Doctrine in the West". Translated by Mohammad Hafezi, Tehran: Center for Media Studies and Research, 1993.
- Asadi, H., Keshavarz, L. "The connection between media and sports". 2014, 17. [In Persian].
- Dolatlhah, Dori., Bijestani Moghadam, S., Saatchian, V. "An Analysis of the Role of Mass Media in Women's Sports Participation". First National Conference on Women's Sports, Tehran, Al-Zahra University, 2017. [In Persian].
- Arab Nermi, B. "Television and sports in everyday life (an analysis of the relationship between media and sports in Iran)". Sports Management, 2016, Volume 8, Number 4, 589-603. [In Persian].
- Abioye, A., Hajifathalian, K., Danaei, G. "Do mass media campaigns improve physical activity? A systematic review and meta-analysis". Archives of Public Health, 2013, 1-10.
- Shabani, A., Rezaei Sufi, M. "Investigating the effect of media on sports and entertainment". 2015, No. 9, pp. 24-29. [In Persian].
- Silverman, S., Mercier, K. "Teaching for physical literacy: Implications to instructional design and PETE". Journal of Sport and Health Science, 2015.
- Erwin, H, E., Beighle, A., Morgan, C, F., Noland, M. "August. Effect of a lowcost, teacher-directed classroom intervention on elementary students' physical activity". J. Sch. Health, 2011, 81 (8), 455–461.
- Castelli, D. M., Centeio, E. E., Beighle, A. E., Carson, R. L., & Nicksic, H. M. "Physical literacy and comprehensive school physical activity programs". Preventive medicine, 2014, 66, 95-100.
- Koreza, T. "Adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: Activity level, physical literacy, participation and psychosocial functioning". Available at: http://is4ls.org/wpcontent/uploads/2013/ 04/Kozera-2.pdf. (Accessed), 2013.
- Kirk, D. "Educational value and models-based practice in physical education". Educational Philosophy and Theory, 2013, 45(9), 973-986.
- Van der Horst, K., Paw, M. J., Twisk, J. W., & Van Mechelen, W. "A brief review on correlates of physical activity and sedentariness in youth". Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 2007, 39(8), 12-41.
- Whitehead, M. "Physical literacy: Throughout the lifecourse". New York: Routledge, 2012.
- Longmuir, P. "Understanding the physical literacy journey of children: The Canadian Assessment of Physical Literacy". ICSSPE BULLETIN-J Sport Sci Phys Educ, 2013, 65, 52-62.
- Whitehead, M. "The concept of physical literacy". Eur. J. Phys. Educ, 2001, 6 (2), 127–138.
- Vahdani, M., Reza Soltani, N. "Development of students' motor literacy". Proceedings of the Eighth Congress of Pioneers of Progress, 2015, 1431-1437. [In Persian].
- Mir Ali, M., Bahram, A., Ghadiri, F. "Structuring the physical literacy model in 10-year-old girls in district one of Ahvaz city". Sports Psychology Studies, 2019, No. 28, 1-12. [In Persian].
- Robinson, L. E. "The relationship between perceived physical competence and fundamental motor skills in preschool children". Child: Care, Health and Development, 2011, 37(4), 589-596.
- Valadi, S., Vaez Mousavi, M, K., Naji, M. "Relationship between physical education level of children of military families and job characteristics of fathers". Journal of Military Surveillance Sciences, 2020, Year 7, Issue 2, 127-138. [In Persian].
- Özkür, F. "Analyzing Motor Development and Emergent Literacy Skills of Preschool Children". International Education Studies, 2020, Vol. 13, No. 4, 94-99.
- Battaglia, G., Alesi, M., Tabacchi, G., Palma, A., Bellafiore, M. "The Development of Motor and Pre-literacy Skills by a Physical Education Program in Preschool Children: A Non-randomized Pilot Trial". Front. Psychol, 2019, 9:2694. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg. 2018.02694.
- Bremer, E., Graham, J, D., Cairney, J. "Outcomes and Feasibility of a 12-Week Physical Literacy Intervention for Children in an Afterschool Program". International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 2020, 1-19.
- Mateus, N., Santos, S., Vaz, L., Gomes, I., Leite, N. "The effect of a physical literacy and differential learning program in motor, technical and tactical basketball skills". Revista de Psicología del Deporte, 2015, Vol. 24, No. 1, 73-76.