Document Type : Research Paper
Master in Sport Management, Faculty of Sport Science, Department of Sport Management, Urmia University, Urmia, Iran
Assistant Professor, Faculty of Sport Science, Department of Sport Management, Urmia University, Urmia, Iran
The purpose of the present study was to investigate the effect of brand credibility on brand loyalty and purchase intention of brand with investigation the mediating role of viral marketing in table tennis brands. The research method was correlational from type of structural equation modeling; in terms of objectives, it was an applied research conducted and data collection in a field study. The research population include all the consumers of table tennis brands in west and east Azerbaijan provinces. With considering the dropping rate, 400 questionnaires distributed among the consumers through simple sampling and yielded 377 complete appropriately responded questionnaires. Brand credibility were measured by a questionnaire adapted from Erdem & Swait (1998), viral marketing were measured by a questionnaire adapted from Sweeney & Swait (2008) questionnaire, and behavioral variables of brand were measured by a questionnaire adapted Foroudi, Jin, Gupta, Foroudi, & Kitchen (2018) questionnaire. In order to present the research model, and also examining convergence and divergence validity, the Smart PLS software was applied. This study showed that brand managers should improve their brand credibility through product specialization and brand trustworthiness by improving product quality in order to improve brand behavioral variables.
- Keller. K. L. Conceptualizing, Measuring, and Managing Costumer Brand Equity. Journal of marketing. 1993, 57(1): 1-22.
- Tafreshi Motlag, A. R., & Khandani, M. A. Systematic view towards commercial name and brand. First edition: Iran’s industrial training and research center, 2010.
- Mohammadian, M., Ronaghi, M. H. Brand promotion strategies and techniques. First edition, Publication Mehraban 2010. [In Persian]
- Erdem, T., & Swait, J. Brand credibility, brand consideration, and choice. Journal of consumer research, 2004, 31(1), 191-198.
- Keller, K. L. Building Customer-Based Brand Equity. Marketing Management, 2001, 10(2), 14-19.
- Erdem, T., Swait, J., & Louviere, J. The impact of brand credibility on consumer price sensitivity. International journal of Research in Marketing, 2002, 19(1), 1-19.
- Asadpour M, Nikkhah Keyarmash R. A role of team and organizational identification in the success of cause-related sport marketing (case study: meizo company). Journal of Sport Management. 2019, 11(1), 89-106. [In Persian]
- Karimi, J., Beirami, L. The Role of Brand Identity on the Rebuy Intention with Mediation of Sport Customers Self Determination. Sport Management Studies, 2019; 10(52): 249-264. [In Persian]
- hosseini, E., Kalate seyfari, M. The Effect of Social Media Marketing on Brand Loyalty. Journal of Sport Management, 2017, 9(1), 169-174. [In Persian]
- Sweeney, J., & Swait, J. The effects of brand credibility on customer loyalty. Journal of retailing and consumer services, 2008, 15(3), 179-193.
- Keller. KL. Strategic brand management, building, measuring and managing brand equity. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hal, 2008.
- Behnam. M, Khorami. L, Fasih.N. The influence of brand credibility on brand perception variables in sport products. Physiology and Sport Management Research. 2015, 7 (1): 113-124. [In Persian]
- Moradi, R. Analyzing the Relationship between Brand Validity with Perceptual Variables and Behavioral Tendencies from the Perspective of Iranian Sport Brands Customers. University of Kurdestan. 2015, [In Persian]
- Behnam. M., Ameri. H., Fasih, N., Khorami, L. The Impact of Brand Credibility on the Consumer Behavioral Intentions of Sporting Goods. Journal of Sport Management and Motor Behavior. 2014, (19): 179-186. [In Persian]
- Khodang. M. Designing a Model to Explain the Factors Affecting Brand Equity from a Young Consumer's Viewpoint Using Acer Model. MA in Business Management, Islamic Azad University, Rasht Branch. 2009. [In Persian]
- Seyed Ghorban, Z., & Tahernejad, H. A study on effect of brand credibility on word of mouth: With reference to internet service providers in Malaysia. International Journal of Marketing Studies. 2012, 4(1), 26.
- Kaplan, A. M., & Haenlein, M. Two hearts in three-quarter time: How to waltz the social media/viral marketing dance. Business Horizons. 2011, 54(3), 253-263.
- Lim, B. C., & Chung, C. M. Word-of-mouth. Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics. 2014, 26(1): 39-53.
- Darini.V. M., Taban. M., Namdar Joyami, E., Ahmadizadeh. A. R. Investigate the relationship of the customer mental image of Sport stores with the Customer Purchase Value (Case Study: sporting goods stores in Ilam city). Applied Research in Sport Management. 2017, 4 (20): 99-87. [In Persian]
- Ghazi zadeh, M., Sardari, A., Shojaee, S. R., Samizadeh, M. Tendency to Message Delivery in Internet Viral Marketing. Journal of New Marketing Research. 2011, 1(3), 219-236. [In Persian]
- Hasan zadeh, M. Sports marketing. Porsman, 2005. [In Persian]
- Cruz, D., & Fill, C. evaluating viral marketing: isolating the key criteria. Marketing Intelligence & Planning. 2008, 26(7), 743-758.
- John Nesar Ahmadi. H., Ghafari, M. Viral Marketing; Cell to Cell Movement. Tadbir Magazine. 2007, 183, 3. [In Persian]
- Khanlari, A., Zamanian, S. The relationship between brand loyalty and advertising Electronic Word of Mouth Marketing on Social Networks. Journal of Management System. 2014, 6(12): 75-100. [In Persian]
- Ghareche, M., Dabooeian, M. Employee loyalty in interacting with service industry customer loyalty. Journal of New Marketing Research. 2011, 2(3), 46-27. [In Persian]
- Konecnik, M., & Gartner, W. C. Customer-based brand equity for a destination. Annals of tourism research. 2007, 34(2), 400-421.
- Jaberi, A., Soltan Hosseini, M., Nadarian. M., Khazaei Pour, J. Providing a model for developing football teams’ brand loyalty of pro league in IRAN by applying SEM. Journal of Sport Management. 2014, 6 (3): 492-475. [In Persian]
- Chan, Y. Y., & Ngai, E. W. Conceptualising electronic word of mouth activity: An input-process-output perspective. Marketing Intelligence & Planning. 2011, 29(5), 488-516.
- De Bruyn, A., & Lilien, G. L. A multi-stage model of word-of-mouth influence through viral marketing. International journal of research in marketing. 2008, 25(3), 151-163.
- Razvani, M., Khodadad Hoseini, S. H., Kiaee. K. The Role of Viral Marketing on Costumer-Based Brand Equity in Tehran Mobile Market. Journal of Business Management. 2017, 9(2), 337-352. [In Persian]
- Ebrahimi, A., Shekari, A., Shetabe Booshehri, N. The impact of consumer trust on shopping intention mediated by mouth-to-mouth advertising. 2017, 8(40), 131-146. [In Persian]
- Ngoma M, Ntale PD. Word of mouth communication: A mediator of relationship marketing and customer loyalty. Cogent Business & Management. 2019;6(1):1-20.
- Jiménez-Barreto J, Rubio N, Campo S, Molinillo S. Linking the online destination brand experience and brand credibility with tourists’ behavioral intentions toward a destination. Tourism Management. 2020;79:1-20.
- An J, Do DK, Ngo LV, Quan TH. Turning brand credibility into positive word-of-mouth: integrating the signaling and social identity perspectives. Journal of Brand Management. 2019;26(2):157-75.
- Rosli N, Che-Ha N, Ghazali EM. The influence of hotel attributes on brand attachment and post-consumption outcomes: the mediating effects of brand credibility. International Journal of Business and Society. 2020;21(1):313-33.
- Foroudi, P., Jin, Z., Gupta, S., Foroudi, M. M., & Kitchen, P. J. Perceptional components of brand equity: Configuring the Symmetrical and Asymmetrical Paths to brand loyalty and brand purchase intention. Journal of Business Research. 2018, 89, 462-474.
- Jordan, J. S., Walker, M., Kent, A., & Inoue, Y. The frequency of nonresponse analyses in the Journal of Sport Management. Journal of Sport Management. 2011, 25(3), 229-239.
- Erdem, T., & Swait, J. Brand equity as a signaling phenomenon. Journal of consumer Psychology. 1998, 7(2), 131-157.
- Behnam, M., Modiri, M., Hashemi, S. The influence of the word of mouth on consumer based brand equity creation in sport service. Sport Management Studies, 2015, 7(31): 85-104.
- Nunnally, J.C. “Psychometric Theory (2nd Ed.)”. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1978.
- Bagozzi, R.P. and Yi, Y. On the evaluation of structural equation models. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science. 1988. 16(1): 74-94.
- Aubert. B., Rivard. S., & Patry, M. Development of Measures to Assess Dimensions of IS Operation Transactions. Omega. 1996, 24(6): 661-680. 17.
- Fornell, C., & Larcker, D. F. Structural Equation Models with Unobservable Variables and Measurement Error: Algebra and Statistics. Journal of Marketing Research. 1981, 18(3):382-388.
- Anderson. J.C., & Gerbing. D.W. Structure equation modeling in practice: A review and recommended two-step approach. Psychological Bulletin. 1988, 103: 411– 423.
- Hair. J.F, Anderson, R.E., Babin. B.J. and Black. W.C. Multivariate Data Analysis: A Global Perspective. Pearson, Upper Saddle River, NJ, 2010.
- Jalilvand, M. R., & Ebrahimi, A. The Influence of Word of Mouth on Purchase of Local Made Cars (Case Study: Samand from Iran Khodro Company in City of Isfahan). Iranian Business Management. 2012, 4(13), 50-75. [In Persian]
- Shaemi, A., barari, M. Locus of Control and Word of Mouth Communication among Consumer. Journal of Business Management. 2011, 8 (3): 101-114. [In Persian]
- Brown, J. A. B. and Lee, N. Word of Mouth Communication within Online Communities: Conceptualizing the Online Social Network. Journal of Interactive Marketing. 2007, 21(3), 2 –20.