Document Type : Research Paper
Assistant Professor, factulty of Physical Education, University of Eyvanekey, Semnan, Iran
Assistant Professor, Department of Sport Management, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
PhD Student, Faculty of Physical Education & Sports Sciences, Allameh Tabataba'i University, Tehran, Iran
Master, factulty of Physical Education, University of Eyvanekey, Semnan, Iran
The purpose of this study was to survey the relationship between the endorsement of famous athletes with brand loyalty in customers of non-sporting goods. this descriptive study was a correlational and purposeful type. The statistical population of the study is buyers of sporting and non-sport products endorsed by Ali Daei (including Karmikhan Office). Given the uncertainty in the size of the population, the sample size was determined by the Cochran formula of 207 people. The data gathering tool was Brian Stein and Zhang (2005), and consumer literacy standard questionnaire. Brandy (2006). To analyze the findings, descriptive statistics indices such as frequency, mean and for inferential statistics of the Kolomograf Smirnov test to determine the natural distribution of the scores and to assess the relationship between the variables under Pearson correlation coefficient were used for SPSS software. Amos software was also used to design the research communication model. Pearson correlation test results showed, there was a positive correlation between the ability to be a star, a loving personality, a source of Attractiveness and professional honesty ("Ali Daei") and loyalty to the brand of products (p ≤ 0.01). But there was no correlation between the confirmation personality type (Ali Daei) and the loyalty to the brand of products (p≤ 0.01).
- Mohammadi J, Darzian Azizi A, Fakher E, Kafi Kang N. Surveying the Influence of Brand Charac-teristics Conformity, Perceived Quality, and Brand View on Loyalty to Brand. cs. 2014; 11(3):37-48
- Erdoğmuş İ, Büdeyri-Turan I. The role of personality congruence, perceived quality and prestige on ready-to-wear brand loyalty. Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management: An International Journal. 2012; 16(4): 399-417.
- Afzali M. Brand identity and its impact on brand loyalty and brand equity (Case study: Mehr bank of the economy of Alborz province), Payame Noor University of Alborz, Master's thesis, 2015.
- Aksu AA. Gap analysis in customer loyalty: a research in 5-star hotels in the Antalya region of Turkey. Quality and Quantity. 2006 Apr 1;40(2):187-205.
- Hajibari Haghighi S, Shafia MA. Modeling and Customer Loyalty Optimization Services to Internet Service Providers, Fifth International Conference on Information and Communication Technology Management, Tehran, Call of Domestic Economics (NAB), 2008.
- Bowen JT, Chen SL. The relationship between customer loyalty and customer satisfaction. International journal of contemporary hospitality management. 2001 Sep 1;13(5):213-7.
- Chen CF, Myagmarsuren O. Brand equity, relationship quality, relationship value, and customer loyalty: Evidence from the telecommunications services. Total Quality Management & Business Excellence. 2011 Sep 1;22(9):957-74.
- Sahin A, Zehir C, Kitapçı H. The effects of brand experiences, trust and satisfaction on building brand loyalty; an empirical research on global brands. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences. 2011 Jan 1;24:1288-1301.
- Matzler K, Grabner-Kräuter S, Bidmon S. Risk aversion and brand loyalty: the mediating role of brand trust and brand affect. Journal of Product & Brand Management. 2008 May 30;17(3):154-62.
- Chattopadhyay T, Dutta RN, Sivani S. Media mix elements affecting brand equity: A study of the Indian passenger car market. IIMB Management Review. 2010 Dec 1;22(4):173-85.
- Sheth J, Koschmann A. Do brands compete or coexist? How persistence of brand loyalty segments the market. European Journal of Marketing. 2019 Jan 7;53(1):2-19.
- RAZORFISH S. Digital dopamine: 2015 global digital marketing report. New York, 2015. Disponível em:< https://goo. gl/QD44jc>. Acesso em: 17 abr. 2016.
- Aluri A, Price BS, McIntyre NH. Using Machine Learning to Cocreate Value through Dynamic Customer Engagement in a Brand Loyalty Program. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research. 2019 Jan;43(1):78-100.
- Rein I, Kotler P, Shields B. The elusive fan: Reinventing sports in a crowded marketplace. McGraw-Hill; 2006.
- Gladden JM, Funk DC. Understanding brand loyalty in professional sport: Examining the link between brand associations and brand loyalty. International Journal of Sports Marketing and Sponsorship. 2001 Mar 1;3(1):54-81.
- Becker-Olsen KL. And now, a word from our sponsor--a look at the effects of sponsored content and banner advertising. Journal of Advertising. 2003 Jun 1;32(2):17-32.
- Sadeghi Salarabadi N, Yousefi B, Ashraf Khazaee A. The Impact of Matching and Confirmation of Famous Athletes on the Dimensions of the Aida Model. Master's Thesis Razi University, 2015.
- Till BD, Shimp TA. Endorsers in advertising: The case of negative celebrity information. Journal of advertising. 1998 27(1): 67-82.
- Park JA, Sung JM, Son JM, Na K, Kim SK. Athletes’ brand equity, spectator satisfaction, and behavioral intentions. Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics. 2019; 31(2):541-58.
- Muda M, Musa R, Putit L. Breaking through the clutter in media environment: how do celebrities help? Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences. 2012; 1(42): 374-82.
- Keshkar S, Ghasemi H, Tojari F. Sport marketing management. Tehran: Elam va Hrkat.first edition. 2013 (In Persian).
- Pitts, B. G., Stotlar, D. K. Fundamentals of sport marketing. Fitness information technology; 2007.
- Renton K. Impact of Athletic Endorsements On Consumers Intentions (Doctoral dissertation, A Dissertation submitted to the Department of Textiles and Consumer Sciences in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy) 2009.
- Khabiri M, Sajjadi N, Hamidi M, Bashiri M. The Effect of Correcting Iranian Athletes on Attitude and Intention of Customers Purchasing and Presenting a Model, Physiology and Management Research in Sport, 2017; 9(1): 111-91.
- Mahmoudi A, Rasouli SM, Motaghi Shahri, MH. Prioritizing Factors Affecting the Recognition of Athletes Famous for Sporting Goods, Sport Management Studies Farvardin and May 2017; 9(41): 61-80
- Jamshidi, Omid; Sajjadi, Nasrallah; Anat, Zaynat; Kia, Farrokh (2018). Relationship between athletic attitude and product in the process of confirmation of sports product consumption using the structural equation model (case study of Ali Daei stores), Management and development of sport, Article 8, Volume 7(1):126-138
- Prasad CJ. Brand endorsement by celebrities impacts towards customer satisfaction. African journal of business management. 2013 Sep 21;7(35):3630-5.
- Oyeniyi O. Celebrity endorsements and product performance: a study of Nigerian consumer markets. Management & Marketing-Craiova. 2014(1):41-51.
- Jamil RA, Rameez ul Hassan S. Influence of celebrity endorsement on consumer purchase intention for existing products: a comparative study. Syed Rameez ul Hassan, RAJ (2014). Influence of celebrity endorsement on consumer purchase intention for existing products: a comparative study. Journal of Management Info. 2014 Dec;4(1):1-23.
- Giovanis AN, Athanasopoulou P. Consumer-brand relationships and brand loyalty in technology-mediated services. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services. 2018 Jan 1(40): 287-94.
- Hsu PF, Hsu CH. An Endorsement Selection Model for Sports Celebrities in China. International Journal of Sociotechnology and Knowledge Development (IJSKD). 2018 Apr 1;10(2):1-3.
- Kumari P. Impact of celebrity endorsement on tourism industry in India. International Journal of Research in Social Sciences. 2018;8(4):952-63.
- Gilal FG, Paul J, Gilal NG, Gilal RG. Celebrity endorsement and brand passion among air travelers: Theory and evidence. International Journal of Hospitality Management. 2019 Aug 28:102347.
- Van den Brink D, Odekerken-Schröder G, & Pauwels P (2006). The effect of strategic and tactical cause-related marketing on consumers' brand loyalty. Journal of Consumer Marketing, 23(1), 15-25.
- Hosseini, A, Khademi MR. Impact of Brand Personality on Customer Loyalty to Haraz Dairy Brand with Quality-Price Moderator, Ministry of Science, Research and Technology. (MA Thesis) Mazandaran University - Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences. 2014.
- Rasouli, S M, SaatChian V, Elahi A. Forecasting the ability of athletes to validate customer intent, sports management studies. 2014; 6(24): 59-74.
- Morgan G. Spending on sport sponsorship? Just think of it as a transfer fee. Marketing Week. 2004;27(11):18-9.
- Braunstein JR, Zhang JJ. Dimensions of athletic star power associated with Generation Y sports consumption. International Journal of Sports Marketing and Sponsorship. 2005 Jul 1;6(4):37-62.
- Ruihley BJ, Runyan RC, Lear KE. The Use of Sport Celebrities in Advertising: A Replication and Extension. Sport Marketing Quarterly. 2010 Sep 1;19(3).
- Khatri P. Celebrity endorsement: A strategic promotion perspective. Indian Media Studies Journal. 2006 Jul;1(1):25-37.
- Erdogan BZ. Celebrity endorsement: A literature review. Journal of marketing management. 1999 May 1;15(4):291-314.
- Boyd TC, Shank MD. Athletes as Product Endorsers: The Effect of Gender and Product Relatedness. Sport Marketing Quarterly. 2004 Jun 1;13(2).