Document Type : Research Paper
PhD, department sport management. university of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Associate professor, department sport management. university of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
The current study intended to design a model for the role of factors shaping the atmosphere of futsal halls on satisfaction and behavioral tendencies of Iranian Futsal Super League spectators. This study was an applied descriptive research conducted as a field research. The statistical population of the study included all spectators over 15 years of age who had participated in Futsal Super League Championship (2016). A sample of 397 individuals were selected according to Morgan's table. The research instruments included Behavioral Tendencies Questionnaire (Brady et al., 2005) and Satisfaction Scale. The authors also developed an Atmosphere Questionnaire on three levels (macro, middle, and micro). In order to analyze the data, partial least squares and Smart PLS3 software were utilized. The findings of the study demonstrated that the middle, micro, and macro dimensions respectively have the highest role in explaining the variance of the futsal salons atmosphere (path coefficient of 0.981, 0.940 and 0.848 respectively). Based on path analysis, it was determined that the salon`s atmosphere is significantly associated with satisfaction of the spectators and their behavioral tendencies. Additionally, Sobel test showed that 23 percent of the total effect of atmosphere on behavior tendencies of spectators is indirectly explained based on the mediating role of satisfaction (p<0.05). Therefore, it is essential that clubs and their managersdo their best so as to promote the atmosphere of salons through quantitatively and qualitatively enhancing the services to fans as the main capital of the club in an attempt to facilitate their satisfaction and reappearance in Hall.
- Woo Young Jang, Kevin, B. "Testing the External Validity of Sport Stadium Atmosphere (SSA)". Facilities/Events - Facility Marketing (College Sport), Poster, 2017, 10:15 AM, Room: Sopris, Friday, June 2.
- Zohreh Wendian, Karim; Khosravi Zadeh, Esfandiar. "Predicting the Behavioral Decisions of Professional Football Spectators: The Role of Result Quality, Performance Quality and Satisfaction", New Approaches in Sports Management, 2015,3 (10), pp. 45-55. (In Persian)
- Khatibi, Amin. "Design and model, making the factors that shape the atmosphere of the stadium, football", PhD thesis, University of Tehran, Faculty of Physical Education. 2014. (In Persian)
- Uhrich, S., Benkenstein, M, . "Sport Stadium Atmosphere: Formative and Reflective Indicators for Operationalizing the Construct". Journal of Sport Management. No: 2010, 24. PP: 211-237.
- Ricard W. J., Jeonghwan, (Jerry) C,. Yam B, L, . "How Does The Stadium Atmosphere At A College Football Game Affect Behavioral Intentions Across Gender Lines? The Mediating Role Of Spactator Satisfaction". International Journal of Management and Marketing Research, ISSN: 2016, 1931-0269 (print), Vol. 9. No. 2. PP: 41-58.
- Won, J., Kitamura, K.. "Motivational Factors Affecting Sports Consumption Behavior of K-league and J-league Spectators". International Journal of Sport and Health Science, Vol. 2006, 2 (7226) PP: 733-719.
- Biscaia, R., Correia, A., Yoshida, M., Rosado, A., Marôco, J.,. "The role of service quality and ticket pricing on satisfaction and behavioural intentions within professional football». Int J Sports Mark Spons; 2013, No. 14. PP: 301-325.
- Koenigstorfer, J., Groeppel-Klein, A., kunkel, T.,. "The Attractiveness of National and International Football Leagues: Perspectives of Fans of ‘‘Star Clubs’’ and ‘‘Underdogs’’". European Sport Management Quarterly.No: 2010, 10(2). PP: 127-163.
- Ricard W. J., Jeonghwan, (Jerry) C,. Yam B, L,. "How Does The Stadium Atmosphere At A College Football Game Affect Behavioral Intentions Across Gender Lines? The Mediating Role Of Spactator Satisfaction". International Journal of Management and Marketing Research, ISSN: 1931-0269 (print), 2016, Vol. 9. No. 2. PP: 41-58.
- Wagnsson, S., Sterling, A., Gustafsson H., Augustsson, C.. "Swedish youth football players’ attitudes towards moral decision in sport as predicted by the parent-initiated motivational climate". Psychology of Sport and Exercise, Vol. 2017, 25. PP: 110-114.
- Darvishzadeh Mahsa, Eidi Hossein, Shabani Moghaddam Keyvan, Khanmoradi Saeed. Investigating the atmosphere of Iranian sports stadiums in crowded sports events. New approaches in sports management.; 2016, 3 (10): 35-44 . (In Persian)
- Yueh Chen, C., Hsiu Lin, Y., Ting Chiu, H. "Development and psychometric evaluation of sport stadium atmosphere scale in spectator sport events". EuropeanSport Management Quarterly. 2013, No: 13 (2). PP: 200 - 215.
- Fernandes, T., Neves, S. "The role of servicescape as a driver of customer value in experience-centric service organizations: the Dragon Football Stadium case". Journal of Strategic Marketing. 2014, No.12. PP:1-13.
- Hemmatinejad, Mehr Ali; Tracy Taylor; Gholizadeh, Mohammad Hossein; Faraji, Rasoul. "Prioritization of factors affecting the security of Iranian football stadiums using the method of hierarchical analysis", Sports Management, 2016, 8 (1), pp. 69-85. (In Persian)
- Fathinia, Mohammad. "Pathology of TV sports programs in terms of how to address the behavioral abnormalities of football spectators", Quarterly Journal of Communication Research, 2010,4 (5), pp. 131-105. (In Persian)
- Yusoff, N H. "Types of Deviant Behavior among Football Fans in Malaysia". Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences. 2016, No: 7(1). PP: 59-62.
- Theodorakis, N. D., Alexandris, K., Tsigilis, N., Karvounis, S. "Predicting spectator's behavioural intentions in professional football: The role of satisfaction and service quality". Sport Management Review. 2013, No: 16(1). PP: 85–96.
- Banar, Noushin, Emami, Mina.. Investigating and presenting the quality model of Iranian women volleyball human capital communication. Human Resource Management in Sport, 2016,4 (1), 1-16. doi: 10.22044 / shm.2016.868. (In Persian)
- Fallahi, Ahmad; Asadi, Hassan; Khabiri, Mohammad. "Exploratory study of the factors affecting the presence of spectators in the Iranian Football Premier League", Research in Sports Sciences, 2010, 28 (4), pp. 33-51. (In Persian)
- Quaquebeke, N., Giessne, S. R.. "How embodied cognitions affect judgments: Height related attribution bias in football foul calls". Journal of sport & Exercise Psychology. 2010, No. 32. PP: 3-22.
- Marko, S,. Christian, M., Ringle, S, R,. Siegfried, P., Gudergan. "In Pursuit of understanding What Drives Fan Satisfaction". Journal of Leisure Research, 2014, Vol. 46, No. 4, PP: 419 – 447.
- Emadi, Mehdi; Naseh, Mahtab . "Analysis of Factors Affecting Spectator Satisfaction and Presence in Iranian Premier League Stadiums", Quarterly Journal of Sports Management and Development, 2014, 2 (5), pp. 63-75. (In Persian)
- Ramezani Nejad, Rahim; Rahmani Nia, Farhad; Boroumand, Dolq Mohammad Reza. "Investigation of the incidence of aggressive behaviors of players of Pegah football team players in the competitions of the Iranian Professional Football League" Journal of Sports Management, 2011, 1 (3), pp. 117 1 1101. (In Persian)