Document Type : Research Paper
PhD in Sport Management, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Ph.D student in Higher Educational Management, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
The aim of study was examine the relationship between human capital of faculty members and physical education students educational achievement in university of Tehran. The research method was descriptive, which was carried out by field method. The statistical population was 320, the statistical sample with Cochran formula 175 person selected. The research instrument was the Naderi human capital questionnaire. by content validity method, validity of questionnaire confirmed by human capital experts and its reliability with Cronbach's alpha (0.978) obtained. For data analysis, descriptive statistics (abundance percentage, mean and standard deviation) and inferential statistics (Kolmogorov-Smirnov test, one-sample t-test, partial correlation coefficient and stepwise multiple regression) was used. The results showed. (1) there was significant and positive correlation, between human capital of faculty members and students educational achievement(r=0.452). (2) there was significant and positive correlation, between the components of human capital of faculty members, cognitive skill (r=0.512), meta-cognitive (r=0.396) and communicational-emotional (r=0.488) with students educational achievement. (3) Stepwise multiple regression analysis showed that components of human capital, cognitive skill with multiple correlational coefficient (R=0.812) and meta-cognitivecompetences(R=0.645), communicational-emotional (R=0.578) can predict students educational achievement. So we can conclude that whatever human capital of faculty members be more we can see better educational achievement in students.
- Abili Kh., And Mofaqi, H. (1389). "Human resources management". Tehran. Industrial Management Organization Publications. Pp. 12-144.
- Abraham, R. Harris, J & Auerbach, J. (2013) “Human Capital Valuation in Professional Sport”. International Journal of Business, Humanities and Technology Vol. 3 No. 3, PP:12-22.
- Ahmadi, A. Farahani, A. Bahmani, A. Shahbazi, M. (1391). "The Role of Social Capital in Improving Talent Management in the Physical Education Organization". Sports Management Studies. No. 13. pp. 26-237.
- Amani, M. (1391). "A note on Iran's higher education system". Online Journal of Social Sciences. Pp. 5-210.
- Antonietti, R. (2006) “Human Capital, Sport Performance, and Salary Determination of Professional Athletes”. University of Bologna - Department of Economics, N.2, PP:1-16.
- Bailey, R. Hillman, C. Arent, S. and Petitpas, A. (2013) “Physical Activity: An Underestimated Investment in Human Capital”. ? Journal of Physical Activity and Health. N. 10, PP: 289-308.
- Bassi, L. &. Mc. Mor.(2008) “Toward a Human Capital Measurement Methodology”. Advances in Developing Human Resources,N:10. PP:1-15.
- Clifton, R, A. Perry, Raymond P, Stubbs, Christine Adams, and Roberts, Lance W. (2004). “Faculty Environments, Psychosocial Dispositions, And The Academic Achievement of College Students”. Research in Higher Education vol. 45 issue 8, PP: 801-828.
- Delavar.A (1392). "Probability and Applied Statistics in Psychology and Educational Sciences". Tehran. Roshd Publications. Pp. 12-252.
- Gabriel, A. & Badea, M. (2012). “The Student – Evaluator Of The Teacher. A Case Study In the University of Ploiesti, Romania”. Procedia - Social And Behavioral Sciences ,69, PP: 2257 – 2263.
- hasanvand (1390). "Comparison of the human capital status of faculty members in the faculties of social and behavioral sciences of the University of Tehran and providing appropriate solutions for its development." Master Thesis. Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences, University of Tehran. Pp. 1- 132.
- Hatami Grossi, J. (1391). "Study of the relationship between teachers 'human capital and students' academic achievement in Sahneh high schools". Master Thesis. Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences, University of Tehran. Pp. 2-44.
- Hasnavi.R. And Ramadan, m. (1390). "Increasing intellectual capital in the organization: examining the role of organizational learning". Management Improvement Quarterly, Fifth Year, No. 1, pp. 25-39.
- Imanpour, A. Badri Azarin, Y. Seyed Ameri, M. (1389). "Study of the relationship between knowledge management and human resource performance in the General Department of Physical Education of East Azerbaijan Province". Thesis for a master's degree in physical education and sports science. Faculty of Education and Psychology. Tabriz University. Pp. 1-118.
- Izzo, V. and Margaretha, D. (2012). “Universal Design For Learning: Enhancing Achievement Of Students with Disabilities”. Procedia Computer Science ,14, PP: 343 – 350.
- Jari Pour, Z. (1385). "Evaluation of factors affecting the academic achievement of undergraduate students of Kashan Azad University". Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences, University of Tehran. Pp. 1-127.
- Jennings, J. (1997). “Faculty Productivity: A Contemporary Analysis Of Faculty Perspective”. U.S.A: Stanford University. PP:1-18.
- Lee, V. (2010). “Using fuzzy AHP to Develop Intellectual Capital Evaluation Model For Assessing Their Performance Contribution In A University”. Expert Systems With Applications, 37, (7), PP: 4941-4947.
- Leeds, M. (2015). “Youth sports and the accumulation of human capital:Positive contributions to cognitive and non-cognitive skills justify public support of youth sports”. Temple University, USA, and IZA, Germany. PP:1-10.
- Leeds, M., C. Miller, and J. Stull. (2007) “Interscholastic athletics and investment in human capital”. Social Science Quarterly. Vol:88. N.3. PP: 729–744.
- Malekpour Lepri, d. (1393). "Study of the relationship between human capital of faculty members and students' academic achievement in the technical campus of the University of Tehran". Master Thesis. Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences. University of Tehran. Pp. 2-185.
- Marr, B. Schium. G. & Needly, A. (2004). “The Dynamics Of Value Creation: Mapping your International Performance Drivers”. Journal of Intellectual Capital, 5, PP: 399-400.
- Moradi, K. (1393). "Study of the relationship between human capital and organizational agility in governmental and non-governmental secondary schools in Tehran". Master Thesis. Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences. University of Tehran. Pp. 4-55.
- Moshtaghian, S. Creditors, A. Namazizadeh, M. Afkhami, M. (1392). "Study of effective factors of human resources on the failure of Iranian sports in the 2008 Beijing Olympics from the experiences of managers, experts and athletes". Journal of Sports Management. No. 18. pp. 71-98.
- Naderi, A. (1390). "A model for measuring human capital in organizations, companies and institutions." Research project report. University of Tehran. Pp. 8-158.
- Najimi, A., Mokhtaq, D., Shariati, G. (1390). "Factors affecting academic failure, from the perspective of students of Isfahan University of Medical Sciences". Journal of Educational System Research, Year 7, No. 6, pp. 790-797.
- Nazari Ghanbari, M. Sabonchi.R. (1393). "Analysis of the role of education and human capital in the economic competitiveness of sports in the western provinces of the country". Studies of the basics of management in sports. Summer 2014. pp. 93-97.
- Norouzi Seyed Hossini, R. Ehsani, M. Kozechian, H. and Amiri, M. (2014) “Review of the Concept of Human Capital in Sports with an Emphasis on Capability Approach”. American Journal of Social Sciences. Vol. 2, No. 6, PP: 145-151.
- Petty. R. and Guthrie, J. (2000). “Intellectual Capital literature Review Measurement, Reporting and Management”. Journal of Intellectual Capital, N:2. PP:176-155.
- Rakhshani, M. Shams, A. (1393). "Relationship between research and educational performance of faculty members and academic achievement of agricultural students in Zanjan University". Agricultural Education Management Research Quarterly. No. 31. pp. 3-17.
- Rama, S. (2011). “Professor’s Performance For Effective Teaching (Kosovo case)”. Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences ,12, PP: 117–121.
- Rasooli Behgo, A. (1389). "Study of the relationship between students' opinions about the quality of faculty members' teaching with students' academic achievement motivation in the Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences at the University of Tehran". Master Thesis. Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences, University of Tehran. Pp. 1-48.
- Roos, G. Pike, S. and Fernstrom, L. (2005). “Managing Intelectual Capitalcin Practice”. New York: Butterworth-Heinemann. PP:4-125.
- Stiles, P. (2004). “Human Capital And Performance: A literature Review”. Judge Institute of Management. PP:12-22.
- Suk, K, J. (2005). “The Effects of a Constructivist Teaching Approach on Student Academic Achievement”. Self-concept, and Learning Strategies, Vol. 6, PP: 7-19.