Document Type : Research Paper
Ph.D. in sport management, Department of Sport Management, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, Kharazmi University, Tehran, Iran
Associate Professor, Department of Sport Management, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
The purpose of this study was the effect of 90 sport program in Iranian football referees regarding sport program 90. Method of data collection was a questionnaire that prepared by the researcher the Validity of the instrument was confirmed through consulting 15 scholars. The reliability of the questionnaire was calculated 0.82.Also, 180 Referees and assistant referees in the Pro League and one category league were the population for this study. 123 Questionnaires were distributed in a completely randomized. We use One-sample t-test to identify the sample mean. The results showed that sport program90 had positively and negatively effect on Referees and assistant referees. Referees and assistant referees both positive and negative attitudes toward sport program90.On the positive dimension (77%) from a sample of 123 subject’s believed that controversial players and coaches during competition introduced to the referees. Also, about 67 percent of them believe that the program has led referees to cover their weaknesses. Finally, the 90 sports program with accurate expertise of the referees performance in each match and covering the positive points of the referees judgment can help reduce the referees mistakes and improve the their performance.
- Rafiei, O. Alidust, E.Jafari, A. (2018). ‘The Effective Inhibiting Factors of Decision making in Iranian soccer referees’. Journal of Sport Management and Motor Behavior. 14(27), P: 155-166 [in Persian].
- Abdi, H. Farahani, M, J. Sajjadi, S, N. (2008). ‘A comparative study of Status Football’s Referee in Iran and England’. Sport Management. 4:119-135 [in Persian].
- Zarif, M. Naderiyan Jahromi, M. Soltan Hosseini, S, M. (2015). ‘Five Dimensional Describe Problems of Iran Soccer Premier League Referees’. Sport Management Studies. 7(31), 121-136. [in Persian].
- Reilly, T. Gregson, W. (2006). ‘Special populations: the referee and assistant referee’. Journal of Sports Sciences. 24, 795-801.
- Rullang, C. Emrich, E. Pierdzioch, C. (2017). ‘Why do referees end their careers and which factors determine the duration of a referee’s career?’ .Current Issues in Sport Science. 2, 1-13.
- Plessner, H. MacMahon, C. (2013). ‘The sport official in research and practice’. Developing sport expertise. Farrow D., Baker J., MacMahon C. London: Routledge; 71-88.
- Plessner, H. Schweizer, G. Brand, R. O'Hare, D. (2009). ‘A multiple-cue learning approach as the basis for understanding and improving soccer referees’ decision making’. Progress in Brain Research. 174, 151-158.
- Mascarenhas, D. Collins, D. Mortimer, P. (2005). ‘Elite refereeing performance: developing a model for sport science support’. The Sport Psychologist. 19, 364-379.
- MacMahon, C. Mascarenhas, D. Plessner, H. Pizzera, A. Oudejans, R. Raab, M. (2015). ‘Sports officials and officiating: science and practice’. Abingon, UK: Routledge.
- Kittel, A. Larkin, P. Elsworthy, N. Spittle, M. (2019). ‘Identification of key performance characteristics of elite Australian football umpires’. International Journal of Sports Science & Coaching.
- Larkin, P. O'Brien, B. Mesagno, C. Berry, J. Harvey, J. Spittle, M. (2014). ‘Assessment of decision-making performance and in-game physical exertion of Australian football umpires’. Journal of Sports Sciences. 32, 1446-1453.
- Helsen, W. MacMahon, C. Spitz, J. (2019). ‘Decision making in match officials and judges. Anticipation and Decision Making in Sport’. Williams A.M., Jackson R.C. London: Routledge. 250-266.
- Bar-Eli, M. Plessner, H. Raab, M. (2011). ‘Judgement, decision making and success in sport’. West Sussex: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Voight, M. (2009). ‘Sources of Stress and Coping Strategies of US Soccer Officials’. Stress and Health. 25: 91-101.
- Balch, M, J. Scott, D. (2007). ‘Contrary to popular belief, referees are people too! Personality and perceptions of officials’. Journal of Sport Behavior. 30: 3.
- Heinrich, R. Bohlmann. (2006).’ Predicting the Economic Impact of the 2010 FIFA World Cup on South Africa University of Pretoria Working’. Journal of Sport Economy. V. 2: 12.
- Emami, M. Mallaei, M. (2014). ‘The content analysis of sport's news: the case study of third channel TV’. Communication Management in Sport Media. 1(3), 20-28. [in Persian].
- Shokrani, E. AGHAPOUR, S, M. (2015). ‘Content Analysis of Sport Programs in IRIB’. JOURNAL OF SPORT MANAGEMENT AND MOVEMENT SCIENCES. 4 (8); 81-92. [In Persian].
- Dawson, P. Dobson, S. (2010). ‘The influence of social pressure and nationality on individual decisions: Evidence from the behavior of referees’, Journal of Economic Psychology31, (2), 181.
- Button, ch.O Hare,D . Mascarenhas,D.(2006).’Developing a method to examine decision-making and physical demands of football refereeing’.6(2): 256.
- Folkesson, P. Nyberg, C. Archer, T. Norlander, T. (2002). ‘Soccer referees experience of threat and aggression: Effects of age, Experience, and life orientation on outcome of copying strategy’. Aggressive behavior. 28(4), PP: 317.
- Bain,Derek.Stream.A.Mrs Bonneou.(2010).’ Using sensors to detect sports equipment during games’.page117.
- Quaquebeke,N. Giessner,Steffen,R.(2010). ‘How embodied cognitions affect judgments:Height-related attribution bias in football fouk calls’. Journal of sport.Human kinetics inc. V15: 91.
- Button, C. David, O. H. Mascarenhas, D. (2006). ‘Developing a method to examine decision-making and physical demands of football refereeing’. SPARC & NZ Soccer, 2-28.
- Ghasemi, H. Noorbakhsh, M. Sadipour, E. Sedighi,F.(2012). ‘Content Analysis of 90 TV sport program’. journals.pnu.ac.ir. 1(1). 39-48. [in Persian].
- RAMZANINEZHAD, R. DAMIRCHI, A., & EBRAHIMI, P. S. (2011). ‘A COMPARISON OF GOAL ATTAINMENT OF “90” TV PROGRAM FROM SOCCER EXPERTS’, MANAGERS AND REFEREES’VIEW POINTS’. No 19.Vol2 (54). 171-184. [in Persian].
- Moghadas, M. Hamidi, M. Jafari, A. (2014). ‘Compare the views of experts, managers and champions the role of televised sporting events in the development of athletics’. Communication Management in Sport Media. 1(4), 24-31. [In Persian].
- Webb, T. (2018). ‘Referees and the media: a difficult relationship but an unavoidable necessity’. Soccer & Society. 19(2), 205-221.
- Lu, W. L. Ting, J, A. Little, J, J. Murphy, K,P. (2013). ‘Learning to track and identify players from broadcast sports videos’. IEEE transactions on pattern analysis and machine intelligence. 35(7), 1704-1716.
- Buraimo, B, D. Forrest, R. Simmons. (2010). ‘The Twelfth Man? Refereeing Bias in English and German Soccer’. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society. 173( 2) , 431–49.
- Holton, A. (2010). ‘Baseball’s Digital Disconnect: Trust, credentialing and the independent blogger in professional baseball’. Under journal review: New Media and Society.
- Kang, J. Lim, C. Lee, W. Pedersen, P, M. (2010). ‘Balancing promotion and social responsibility by sport management and media professionals: Investigating the potentially negative influence of viewing mediated sport violence’ .The 18th Annual European Sport Management Conference: European Association for Sport Management (EASM). Prague, Czech Republic.
- Skipworth, S. (2011). ‘The Consequences of Trust in the Media: A Moderating Effect of Media Trust on the Relationship between Attention to Television and Political Knowledge’. Western Political Science Association 2011 Annual Meeting Paper.