Document Type : Research Paper
Department of Psychology, Sari Branch, Islamic Azad University, Sari, Iran.
Golestan University, faculty of human and social science, department of physical educations and sport sciences, Gorgan, Iran
Associate Professor Golestan University, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Department of Sociology and Communication, Gorgan, Iran
Objective: The main purpose of designing the sports politeness questionnaire is to convert the answers into data, which is an important part of the scientific research and its standardization for students. Politeness means accepting the feelings of others in order to deal with them appropriately. It also includes behavior in an appropriate manner and considering its aspects in individual social relationships. By increasing the level of sports politeness among athletes in society, it is possible to prevent cultural and moral degeneration among different groups, especially children, teenagers and youth. Methodology: The statistical population was students of Golestan University (3951), of which 384 were selected (Krejcie & Morgan table) and the proportional stratified random sampling method was used to select the samples. The reliability of the questionnaire was confirmed by using Cronbach's alpha coefficient test (0.84) and the Split-half test (0.78). Content validity is 0.99 based on the agreement coefficient. Result: As a result, using exploratory factor analysis technique; Three factors of respect, moral model and self-sacrifice were identified as the main dimensions of the concept of sports propriety. Conclusion: The Sports politeness Questionnaire is a reliable and valid scale that can be used to assess the level of sports politeness among students and show valid results. It is Suggested that future research use this questionnaire in different sample and fields.
- Eydi, Hosain,. Shabani Moghadam, Keyvan,. Amiri, Jahan (2016). Standardization of professional ethics questionnaire of Sporting coaches. Applied Research of Sport Management. Vol.1, no.1, Summer 2016. (In persian).
- Poursoltani Zarandi, Hossein; Qare, Mohammad Ali; Mousavi Rad, Seyedeh Tahereh (2017).Determining the validity and reliability of the ethical non-commitment questionnaire in sports. Journal of Human Resource Management in Sports. Summer 2017 / Year 4 / Number 2 / Pages 219-229. (In persian).
- Langlois L, Lapointe C. (2007). "Ethical leadership in Canadian school organizations", London, Educational Managers Administration and Leadership;35(2):247-260.
- Mohammadkhani, Mehrangiz, Balali, Ismail, Mohammadi, Akram. (2013). The effect of organizational factors on the level of work ethic among government employees (case of Khansar city). Applied Sociology, 24 (2), 143-164. (In persian).
- Farahani, Abolfazl; Irji Naqandar, Ramin (2016). Determining the validity and reliability of the Ethical Orientation Questionnaire in student-athletes. Sports Management - August and September 2016. Volume 8, Number 3, pp: 407-420. (In persian).
- Qare, Mohammad., Ali Shaji, Reza (2012). Assessing the decision-making ability of physical education students in difficult moral situations. Sports Management Studies (Research in Sports Science). Fall 2012, Volume 4, Number 15; From page 31 to page 45. (In persian).
- Nedaei, Tahereh; Alavi, Khalil (2008). Exercise ethics with fair game approach. Theological Philosophical Research. Volume 10, Issue 2 (38), pp. 187-220. (In persian).
- Lemyre, PN., Roberts, GC., &Ommundsen, Y., (2002). Achievement goal orientations, perceivedability, and sportspersonship in Youth Soccer. Journal of Applied Sport Psychology, 14(2), 120-136.
- Kavussanu, M., Roberts, GC., (2001). Moral functioning in sport: An achievement goal perspective. Journal of sport and Exercise psychology, 23(1), 37-54.
- Razzaghi, Mohammad Ebrahim, Mehrabi, Ghasem; Jalali Farahani, Majid (2014). Analysis of demographic factors related to the nature of the athletic wrestlers and hero. Organizational Behavior Management in Sport Studies. Volume 2, Number 5, Spring. P. 72-65. (In persian).
- Schneider, a, (1999). “5thioc world Congaree on sport sciences with the annual conference of science and medicine in sport”, Ethics symposium, University of Western Ontario, Canada. P. 37-39.
- Stivens, Tim. (1997) “Ethical Behavior in sport”, sportsmanship Need and some Solutions, University of Leeds. P. 17-23.
- Cameron, D. (2001). Working with Spoken Discourse. SAGE. P. 114-118.
- Coulthard, M. (2013). Advances in Spoken Discourse Analysis. Routledge. P. 265-290.
- Goffman, E. (2005). Interaction Ritual: Essays in Face to Face Behavior. Routledge. P. 312-333.
- Cowan, B. R., Pantidi, N., Coyle, D., Morrissey, K., Clarke, P., Al-Shehri, S., … Bandeira, N. (2017). ‘What can i help you with?’: infrequent users’ experiences of intelligent personal assistants (pp. 1–12). ACM Press. https://doi.org/10.1145/3098279.3098539.
- Siddiq Orei, Gholamreza; Farzaneh, Ahmad; Bagheri, Mahdieh and Mohammadi, Seyedeh Shiva (1398), Fundamentals of Sociology, Basic Concepts and Transitions, Qom: Research Institute and University. (In persian).
- Hooman, Heidar Ali (2012). The basics of research in behavioral sciences (research foundations). Tehran: Parsa Publications. P. 49-59. (In persian).
- Kerlinger, Fred N (2018). The Basics of Research in Behavioral Sciences, Volume 2, Translation by Hasan Pasha Sharifi. Tehran: Avaye noor Publications. P. 279-312. (in Persian).
- Bouzarjomehr, F., Mansourian, M., Harandi, Y. (2012). Assessment of Professional Ethics of Medical Sciences Faculty Members from Viewpoint of Yazd University Students, Journal of Medical Education Development Center, 8, 44-52. (In persian).
- Jafarloo, Hamid Reza; Ghorbani, Mohammad Hussein (2017). Qualitative Analysis of the Dissemination of Ethical Values of Sport among Students: Studies Based on Data. Sports Management, Winter 2017. Volume 9, Number 4, pp. 635-648. (In persian).
- Majauskienė D, Šukys S, Lisinskienė A. Spread of knowledge on olympism in school applying the integrated programme of olympic education. LKKA. 2011:42.
- Parry J. Sport and Olympism: Universals and multiculturalism. Journal of the Philosophy of Sport. 2006 Oct 1;33(2):188-204 .
- Binder D. Teaching Olympism in schools: Olympic education as a focus on values education. International Chair in Olympism Lecture, Centre for Olympic Studies (Spain: Autonomous University of Barcelona, 2005). 2005;5.
- Gessman, R. "Olympic education, fair play and their practice in schools". The Official Publication of the European Fair Play Movement Academic Supplement, 2010; 8, 2. 23-29.