Document Type : Research Paper
Faculty of Ferdowsi university of Mashhad; Mashhad; Iran.
Associate Professor of Sport management, Faculty of Sport Sciences, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Mashhad, Iran
Ph.D. Student of Sport Management, Faculty of Sport Sciences, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Mashhad, Iran
The aim of this study was to analyze the barriers to financing sport entrepreneurs by Q method. The methodology of the research was applied in terms of objectives, exploratory in nature and of mixed research (qualitative-quantitative). 30 sport entrepreneurs who had experience in sport businesses between 15 and 40 years were selected as the population. They were interviewed with Q method, and cards based on Q propositions were distributed among them. Based on the distributed cards, 38 final propositions were identified and subsequently prioritized by the participants. Finally, Q factor analysis findings and results revealed 9 mental patterns for the barriers to financing sport entrepreneurs. With regard to these nine patterns, it can be concluded that financial resources are the driving force of sport businesses and that if entrepreneurs face issues such as severe administrative bureaucracy, lack of entrepreneurial knowledge and communications in the community and high-profit banking services to grow and develop businesses, the boom will not return to the sport businesses.
- Urbano D, Aparicio S. Entrepreneurship capital types and economic growth: International evidence. Technological Forecasting and Social Change. 2016 Jan 1; 102:34-44.
- Welsh DH, Memili E, Kaciak E. An empirical analysis of the impact of family moral support on Turkish women entrepreneurs. Journal of Innovation & Knowledge. 2016 Jan 1;1(1):3-12.
- Borgers J, Pilgaard M, Vanreusel B, Scheerder J. Can we consider changes in sports participation as institutional change? A conceptual framework. International review for the sociology of sport. 2018 Feb;53(1):84-100.
- Ratten V. Sport entrepreneurship: Developing and sustaining an entrepreneurial sports culture. Springer; 2018 Feb 5.
- Ahmadpoor dariyani M. Identify Success Factors for Managing Human Resources in Small and Medium Business. Entrepreneurship Development,2017. 10(1):1-20. (In Persian).
- Straume, Solveig, Kari Bachmann, Guri K. Skrove, Sunniva Nerbøvik, and Kristin Røvik. "Prevention of economic exclusion in Norwegian football." (2018).
- EC. “Annual Report on European SMEs 2014/15.” Technical Report No. 2467-0162, European Commission, 2015a. “A European Framework for Simple and Transparen Securitisation.” Technical Report No. 15/5733, European Commission - Fact Sheet, 2015b.
- Kaya O, Masetti O. Small‐and Medium‐Sized Enterprise Financing and Securitization: Firm‐Level Evidence from the Euro Area. Economic inquiry. 2019 Jan;57(1):391-409.
- Nair T, Das K. Financing the Micro and Small Enterprises in India Antecedents and Emerging Challenges. Economic & Political Weekly. 2019.3:37-43.
- Kotler P, Armstrong G. Principles of Marketing, Sixteenth Edition, London: Pearson.2015.
- Cooray N. Cleaner production assessment in small and medium industries of Sri Lanka. Global Competitiveness through Cleaner Production: Second Asia Pacific Cleaner Production Roundtable. 1999 Apr.
- Porter M. Competitive Strategy (Technique by industry and competitor analysis), Published Rasa.2007. 12: 143.
- Wang Y, Fang W. Innovation and Development Strategy of China's Sports Industry under the New Economic Ecology. In2nd International Conference on Social Science, Public Health and Education (SSPHE 2018) 2019 Jan 9. Atlantis Press.
- Duygan-Bump B, Levkov A, Montoriol-Garriga J. Financing constraints and unemployment: Evidence from the Great Recession. Journal of Monetary Economics. 2015 Oct 1; 75:89-105.
- Beck T, Degryse H, De Haas R, Van Horen N. When arm's length is too far: Relationship banking over the credit cycle. Journal of Financial Economics. 2018 Jan 1;127(1):174-96.
- Beck T, Demirgüç-Kunt A, Maksimovic V. Bank competition, financing obstacles, and access to credit. The World Bank; 2003 Mar 14.
- Pissarides F, Singer M, Svejnar J. Objectives and constraints of entrepreneurs: evidence from small and medium size enterprises in Russia and Bulgaria. Journal of comparative economics. 2003 Sep 1;31(3):503-31.
- Hyz AB. Small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Greece-Barriers in access to banking services. An empirical investigation. International Journal of Business and Social Science. 2011 Feb 1;2(2).
- Tertuliano IW, Rocha LE, De OV, Pavlović V, Machado AA, Fischer CN. Do financial results influence sports results in football industry? Case study of the Brazilian football league. Industrija. 2018;46(1):97-114.
- Brnada P. Basics of Sports Marketing. Translated by Morteza Azimzad et al., Mashhad: Ferdowsi University Press, Mashhad.2016:20. (In Persian).
- Maleki M, Hosseni SF. Identifying and Prioritizing the Effective Factors on Entrepreneurial Marketing in Small and Medium Business Enterprises Using the Quo Method. Master's thesis, MBA, Semnan University.2014. (In Persian).
- Sadeghi M. Identifying Managers Common Mental Models in Strategic Thinking (Case Study of Kish Free Zone) Master's Degree in Public Administration, Ilam University.2016. (In Persian).
- Danaeifar H, Hoseni SY, Shekha R. Q Methodology: Theoretical Foundations and Framework for Research. Tehran: Saffar.2013. (In Persian).
- Rauch A, Hatak I. A meta-analysis of different HR-enhancing practices and performance of small and medium sized firms. Journal of business venturing. 2016 Sep 1;31(5):485-504.