Document Type : Research Paper
MSc in Sport Management, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Associate Professor, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of self-efficacy on job satisfaction in the staff of Iran successful sport federations. A standard questionnaire appropriate to theoretical foundations was used for data collection. The experts and professionals confirmed this questionnaire. Also, the standard general self-efficacy scale (17 items) by Sherer was used to evaluate general self-efficacy. The MSQ “short form” (20 items) by Weiss et al. was used to assess job satisfaction. This questionnaire included 3 dimensions: intrinsic, extrinsic and general satisfaction. Cronbach’s alpha was used to determine the reliability and the viewpoints of experts, advisors and supervisors were used to determine the validity. The results of the research hypotheses test showed that the general-efficacy had significant relationships with intrinsic and extrinsic dimensions of job satisfaction but it had no significant relationship with general satisfaction. Also, the components of self-efficacy could properly predict up to 26% of job satisfaction.
1. Khodayari Fard, Mohammad; Mir Kali SMs, hossein; Ghobari Bonab, Baqer; Shokoohi Yekta, Mohsen; Faqihi, Ali Naghi; Hosseinian, Simin; Yazdi, enlightened; Pakenjad, Mohsen; Hosseini, Fatemeh Assessing the level of job satisfaction of employees and customer satisfaction of Bank Saderat Iran and providing a psychological model to improve it: University of Tehran; 2009.
2. Mohammadzadeh AM, Armen Organizational Behavior, Contingent Attitude. Press ATU, editor. tehran1986.
3. Biklik s. Survey of job satisfaction of women working in the Ministry of Housing and Urban Development compared to men. University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Sciences2006.
4. Saatchi M. Organization and Management Application of Psychology in Work ,Tehran: Job Psychology 2011.
5. Razavi, Seyed Mohammad Hossein H, Seyed Emad, Abedini, Jalil. Investigating the relationship between job satisfaction of sports coaches and the level of their needs based on Maslow's theory in South Khorasan. Journal of Applied Sports Physiology. 2007;3(6):11-27 .(inpersian).
6. Shahab, Bahrami, Shirin, Zoroastrian, Bahram, Yousefi. The Effect of Job Satisfaction on Affective Commitment of Employees in Ministry of Sport and Youth. New Trends in Sport Management. 2014;2(4):87-96 (in persian).
7. Sobhani Y, Henry H, Kashker S, Hatami S. Relationship between job satisfaction and organizational commitment in employees of sports federations. The first national conference on physical education and sports science: undefined; 2012. p. (in persian).
8. Ghanbarpour Nosrati A, Pursaltani Zarandi H, Gentlemen N. The role of job satisfaction in the relationship between organizational justice and the desire to leave the job in experts of sports federations. Journal of Sports Management. 2015;6(4):683-96 (in persian).
9. Chang Y, Edwards JK. Examining the relationships among self-efficacy, coping, and job satisfaction using social career cognitive theory: An SEM analysis. Journal of Career Assessment. 2015;23(1):35-47.
10. Tan DC. The relationship between the perceived threat from information technology outsourcing and job satisfaction of information technology professionals. idea. 2009;28(38):39.
11. Beh L-S, Idris K. An analysis of quality of work life (QWL) and career-related variables. American Journal of Applied Sciences. 2006;3(12):2151-9.
12. Bandura A, Adams NE. Analysis of self-efficacy theory of behavioral change. Cognitive therapy and research. 1977;1(4):287-310.
13. Bandura A, Schunk DH. Cultivating competence, self-efficacy, and intrinsic interest through proximal self-motivation. Journal of personality and social psychology. 1981;41(3):586.
14. Iwu EN, Holzemer WL. HIV task sharing between nurses and physicians in Nigeria: Examining the correlates of nurse self-efficacy and job satisfaction. Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care. 2017;28(3):395-407.
15. Nemati N. Comparison of efficiency and job satisfaction of teachers with associate degree and bachelor's degree in in-service training with other teachers in Shiraz. Faculty of Educational Sciences: Shahid Beheshti University,; 1998.
16. Keshavarz L, Sarkhosh S. Relationship between job self-efficacy of managers and organizational commitment of employees with customer satisfaction of Kerman General Directorate of Sports and Youth. Journal of Applied Research in Sports Management. 2013;1(4):11-9 (in persian).
17. Evans ML. Principal self-efficacy, teacher perceptions of principal performance, and teacher job satisfaction: Grand Canyon University; 2016.
18. Ren S, Chadee D. Ethical leadership, self-efficacy and job satisfaction in China: the moderating role of guanxi. Personnel review. 2017.
19. Abdoli, Sultan Ahmad Jea. The Relationship between Collective Effectiveness Beliefs and Self-Efficacy Beliefs with Job Satisfaction of Male High School Teachers in Qom. Quarterly Journal of Job and Organizational Counseling. 2012;4(10):124-05.(in persian).
20. Qalaei B, Kadivar P, Sarami GR, Esfandiari M. Evaluating the model of teachers 'self-efficacy beliefs as a determinant of their job satisfaction and students' academic achievement. Research in Curriculum Planning (Knowledge and Research in Educational Sciences-Curriculum Planning). 2012;9(32):-(in persian).
21. zahed, adel; Namvar YN, Shahram The relationship between job satisfaction and self-efficacy of middle teachers in Meshginshahr in the academic year of 2009-2010. Education and evaluation (educational sciences). 2009;2(8):.(in persian).
22. Tavakoli, Ghulam Reza Allah; shahamat nON, Ahmad Reza. The relationship between organizational intelligence and self-efficacy and job satisfaction of high school teachers in Jiroft. Journal of New Approach in Educational Management. 2015;6(21):213-28.(in persian).
23. Karami J, Naqshina T, Sharifi S, Sharifi K. Relationship between personality dimensions and general self-efficacy with job satisfaction. Quarterly Journal of Personality and Individual Differences. 2015;4(8):(in persian).
24. Park MS, Jeoung Y, Lee HK, Sok SR. Relationships among communication competence, self-efficacy, and job satisfaction in Korean nurses working in the emergency medical center setting. Journal of nursing research. 2015;23(2):101-8.
25. Asghari A. The relationship between empowerment and self-efficacy with job satisfaction in teachers. Shahid Beheshti University2006.
26. kavehei t, ashouri a, habibi m. Predicting job satisfaction based on self-efficacy beliefs, teachers' sense of efficacy, job stress and Hierarchy of needs in exceptional children's teachers at lorestan province. Journal of Exceptional Education (J Except Educ). 2014;4(126):5-15.
27. Karademas EC, Kafetsios K, Sideridis GD. Optimism, self‐efficacy and information processing of threat‐and well‐being‐related stimuli. Stress and Health: Journal of the International Society for the Investigation of Stress. 2007;23(5):285-94.
28. Sedghi R. A comparative study of self-efficacy and job satisfaction of research and non-research teachers in girls' high schools in Sandrak: Islamic Azad University Hormozgan Science and Research Branch; 2014.