Document Type : Research Paper
PhD in Sport Management, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Associate Professor of Sport Management, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
The aim of this study was to investigate the psychometric indices of the Integrated Marketing Communications questionnaire in Iran football professional league clubs. The questionnaire was distributed among the CEOs and the marketing committee of the mentioned clubs, and finally 61 questionnaires were received. Psychometric indices were determined by appropriate statistical methods. In order to evaluate the psychometric indices of the questionnaire, firstly exploratory factor analysis was performed and then the measurement model (validity and reliability) was evaluated. The results obtained from factor analysis and Varimax rotation method showed three factors of integrated marketing communications. After rotation, 4 indices had a correlation with the first factor higher than 0.525. Totally, 13 items on the second factor had a factor loading more than 0.576 and 3 indices on the third factor had a factor loading higher than 0.637. In addition, the structure of the questionnaire had an acceptable fit with the data and all the goodness of fit indicators confirmed the model. The reliability coefficient was satisfactory: 0.76 for organization interactivity, 0.88 for mission marketing and 0.88 for cross-functional strategic planning, respectively, which indicated the desired values of reliability. According to the calculated psychometric indices, this questionnaire can be suitable to evaluate integrated marketing communications in Iran football professional league clubs and help to improve their performance.
- Duncan, Thomas R. (2002). “Using Advertising & Promotion to Build Brands”. McGraw-Hill.
- Reid & Mike.(2005). “Performance auditing of integrated marketing communication action and outcomes”. Journal of advertising. Vo, 34. N0,4
- Nesaee, Vahid. (2009).” "Principles and Techniques of Marketing” Terme Publications. First ed.(In Persian)
- Roosta, Ahmad, Aghaei, Mohammad, (2006). “Designing an Effective model of Integrated marketing communications” Marketing Management Conference. (In Persian).
- Oancea Olimpia,Elena Mihaela. (2015). “The Influence of The Integrated Marketing Communication on the Consumer buying behavior”. 2nd GLOBAL CONFERENCE on BUSINESS, ECONOMICS, MANAGEMENT and TOURISM, 30-31 October 2014, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Beiranvand, Vahid. (2010). “Manage marketing ads”. Industrial Management Publications. First ed.(In Persian).
- Duncan, Thomas R & Moriarty, Sandra. (1998). “A Communication-Based Marketing Model for Managing Relationships” Journal of Marketing, 62 (2), 1–13.
- Nojbaee, Seyed Sadra(2013). “Development and Standardization of Swanson's Reading Metacognition”. Journal of Basic and Applied Scientific Research. 3(3)542-549
- Roulac , S.E. (2006) . “Brand + beauty + utility + property value”, Property Management, Vol.25 No.5, pp. 428-446.
- Keller, K. L., & Lehmann, D. R. (2006). Brands and branding: Research findings and future priorities. Marketing Science, 25(6), 740–759.
- Keller, K.L. (2001), Mastering the Marketing Communications Mix: Micro and Macro Perspectives on Integrated Marketing Communication Programs in “Journal of Marketing Management”, 17 (September), pp. 819‑847.
- Kliatchko, J. (2008). Revisiting the IMC construct: A revised definition and four pillars. International Journal of Advertising, 27(1), 133–160.
- Kitchen, P. J., Spickett-Jones, J. G., & Grimes, T. (2007). Inhibition of brand integration amid changing agency structures. Journal of Marketing Communications,13, 149–168.
- Mihart, Camelia, (2012). Modelling the influence of integrated marketing communication on consumer behaviour: an approach based on hierarchy of effect concept Social and Behavioral Sciences 62 . p, 975 – 980.
- Mihart , Camelia, (2012). “Impact of Integrated Marketing Communication on Consumer Behaviour: Effects on Consumer Decision – Making Process “.International Journal of Marketing Studies Vol. 4, No. 2
- Reid, Mike. Luxton, Sandra . and Movondo, Felix (2005). “The Relationship between Integrated Marketing Communication, Market Orientation, and Brand Orientation”, Journal of Advertising, Vol. 34, No. 4. P 11-23.
- Shimp, T. (2003), “Advertising, promotion: Supplemental aspects of Integrated Marketing Communications”. (6th ed.), South-Western, Mason
- Cornelissen, Joep P. (2000). “Integration in Communication Management: Conceptual and Methodological Considerations,” Journal of Marketing Management, 16, 597–606.
- Parsafard, Mommadreza. (2011), “Investigation Investigating the relationship between the implementation of integrated marketing communications and market performance, case study; Mellat bank”.(MSc). Management faculty. University of Tehran. (In Persian).
- Cornelissen, Joep P. (2001). “Integrated Marketing Communications and the Language of Market Development,” International Journal ofAdvertising, 20 (4), 483–499.
- Low, George S. (2000), Correlates of Integrated Marketing Communications, Journal of Advertising Research, 40 (3), 27–39.
- Pettit, R., Cook, W., Belmont, D and Sokolyanskaya, I. (2008). “Experiential marketing: a master of engagement. First edition”. The advertising research foundation edition. PP: 10-14.
- Barbara, H.M & William, F. (2005). “Statistical methods for health care research”. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins. A welters clawer company. PP: 325-330.
- Završnik, Bruno. (2011). “Implementation of Integrated Marketing Communication on Market Performance of Brands in the Field of OTC Products”. Proceedings of 8th International Conference «Economic Integration, Competition and Cooperation», 6-9 April, Opatija, University of Rijeka – Faculty of Economics.
- Luxton, S. Reid, M. Mavondo, F.(2007) “ IMC, its Antecedents and Brand Performance”. Department of Marketing, Monash University .
- Porcu , Lucia . del Barrio-García, Salvador and Kitchen, Philip J. (2012). “How Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) works? A theoretical review and an analysis of its main drivers and effects”. COMUNICACIÓN Y SOCIEDAD, Vol. XXV • num. 1. 313-348
- Vantamay, Somphol.(2011).“Performances and measurement of integrated marketing communications of advertisers in Thailand”. Journal of global management. Vol 1, n.1.