Document Type : Research Paper
Assistant Professor, Department of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, Islamic Azad University, Shahrood Branch, Shahrood, IRAN
Ph.D Student in Sport Management, Department of Physical Education, Shahrood Branch, Islamic Azad University, Shahrood, IRAN
Assistant Professor, Department of Physical Education, Islamic Azad University, Shahrood Branch, Shahrood, IRAN
Associate Professor in Department of Physical Education and Sport Science,shahrood Branch,Islamic Azad University,shahrood, IRAN
The aim of this study was to develop a model based on strategic analysis of factors affecting the development of sport participation of veterans, disabled, deaf and blind in Iran. The statistical population consisted of 330 experts in the disabled sport and 220 subjects were selected based on the adequacy of factor analysis sample. A researcher-made questionnaire was used to collect data, and the face and content validity were evaluated and approved by sport management professors (n = 6) and managers (n = 7). Then, Delphi technique consisting of experts based on convenience sampling method (8 subjects) was used to screen and validate different parts of the research. Confirmatory factor analysis test was also used to confirm the construct validity. The reliability of the questionnaire was assessed and confirmed by Cronbach's alpha (0.90). Bartlett test was used for sample adequacy and exploratory factor analysis was applied to determine hidden components in the quantitative tool. Statistical methods of data analysis included descriptive statistics, one-sample t test, Pearson correlation coefficient and structural equation modeling. According to the findings, personal and family, sport, managerial and environmental factors were those influencing the development of sport for all for the disabled. The research model had a good fit in the structural equation modeling (SEM) test; therefore, the model of the development of sport for all for veterans and the disabled in Iran was approved. It can therefore be argued that personal and family factors determine the attitudes of specific strata; if environmental factors are structurally and culturally capable of developing sport participation for the disabled, more talent identification will occur.
- Armandnia M. Formulating the Strategic Management Process of Heroic Sport J. N. The Islamic Republic of Iran with a Balanced Score Card (BSC) approach [MSc]. Faculty of Sport Sciences: Kharazmi University, 2017. [InPersian]
- Saffari M. Designing a model for the development of Iranian public sport [MSc]. Tarbiat Modarres University, Faculty of Literature and Humanities, 2012. [InPersian]
- Ramazaninejad R, Hezbi K, Eidi H. Elite Sport Management. Northwest Publications, 2015. [InPersian].
- Assad M. Bodybuilding and Sports Exercise. Taheran: Payam Noor University, 2015. [InPersian]
- Isenberg N. The entrepreneurship ecosystem strategy as a new paradigm for economic policy: principles for cultivating entrepreneurship. Presentation at the Institute of International and European Affairs. Dublin Ireland: Available on line at http://entrepreneurial-revolution. Com/ (last accessed: 01/27/2012). 2012: 1-32.
- Sugiyama T. The Built Environment and Physical Activity Behavior Change: New Directions for Research?. Res Exerc Epidemiology, 2006, 14(2): 118-124.
- Mitra B, Sereny C, Synce J. In examining the costs of disabled people, 20 studies were conducted in 10 richest countries in the world. Chinese Journal of Rehabilitation Theory and Practice, 2017, 20(2):263-285.
- Hangar J D, Villeen T. Foundations of Strategic Management. Third edition, Office of Cultural Research, 2007.
- Khatibzadeh M. Designing a Regular Sports Participation Pattern [Thesis]. Physical Education and Sport Science Faculty, Tarbiat Modarres University. 2016. [InPersian].
- David F R. Strategic management: Concepts and cases. Masachouset University, 2011.
- Sotiriadou K. The Sport Development Processes in Australia [Thesis]. University of Technology. Sydney. 2006.
- Jalali Farahani M. Principles, Basics and Purposes of Disability Sport. Second Edition, Tehran: Hatmi Publications. 2014. [InPersian].
- Report of the Sixth Development Plan for Sport and Youth. Ministry of Sport Strategy Document, 2016. [InPersian].
- Savari S, Mehdi Pour A, Ranjbar R. Describe the state of Khuzestan public sport and formulate its development strategies. Journal of Sport Management and Motor Behavior, 2015; 11(21): 92-83. [InPersian].
- Islami A, Mahmoudi A, Khabiri M, Najafian Razavi S. The Role of Socioeconomic Status (SES) in Citizen Motivation for Public-Recreational Sports. Applied Research in Sport Management, 2013; 2(3): 89-94. [InPersian].
- Aghajani N, Majidi N, Askari Kachusenko J. Investigating the Role of Iranian Sports Media in Promoting Sport in Society c. M. N. N. Journal of Communication Culture, 2013;3(10):249-227. [InPersian].
- Araqi M, Hashemi Moghadam A, Keikhaei Hosseinpour M. Needs Assessment of Accessibility and Traffic Disability in Urban Structure Adaptation (Case Study: Birjand County). 13th International Conference on Traffic and Transportation Engineering, Tehran, Deputy of Transport and Traffic Organization; 2013. [InPersian].
- Sobhani A, Andam R, Tarighi M. Investigating and Prioritizing the Effective Factors and Obstacles to Sport Disability Participation in Ahvaz. Journal of Organizational Behavior Management Studies in Sport, 2015; 2(6): 41-48. [InPersian].
- Shabani A, Ghafouri F, Honary H. Studying the General Sports Policies and Strategies of the Comprehensive Sports Development System of Iran. Studies of Sport Management, 2015; 6(27):15-30. [InPersian].
- Manafi F, Ramazaninejad R, Gohar Rostami H, Dastum S. An Analysis of the Development Process of Iranian Academic Sports in First to Fifth Macro Development Plans. Sport Management & Development, 2015, 6 (1): 67-86. [InPersian].
- Javadipour M, Zareian H, Parsajoo A. Identifying the Areas of Social Participation in Iranian Public Sports: A Qualitative Study. Journal of Education and Community Health, 2018, 5(3): 24-46. [InPersian].
- LIU H Z, YANG J, WU M LI X, Ming LIN K. Sports Participation Status and Sports Demand of Disabled Adolescents Aged Six to 15 Years in Henan. Chinese Journal of Rehabilitation Theory and Practice, 2019; 24(4):483-487
- Choi I A, Haslett D, Smith B. Disabled athlete activism. Disabled athlete activism [Thesis]. University of Birmingham, 2018.
- Mitra R M, Little B B. Physical Activity: the Present in the Context of the Past. American Journal of Human Biology, 2017; 20:1478-1495.
- Park J A, Park M H, Shin JH, Li B, Rolfe D T, Yoo JY. Effect of sports participation on Internet addiction mediated by self-control: A case of Korean adolescents. Kasetsart Journal of Social Sciences, 2016; 37(3), 164–169.
- Devine M. A. Group Member or Outsider: Perceptions of Undergraduates with Disabilities on Leisure Time Physical Activity. Journal of Postsecondary Education and Disability, 2013; 26(2): 119 – 133.