Document Type : Research Paper
PhD student in sport management, borujerd branch, Islamic Azad University, Borujerd, IRAN
Assistant Professor of Sport Management, borujerd branch, Islamic Azad University, Borujerd, IRAN
Assistant Professor of Sport Management, roodehen branch, Islamic Azad University, Roodehen, IRAN
The aim of this study was to investigate the role of sport tourism development on employment in Tehran city and to provide an employment model. The research methodology was analytical and applied in terms of objectives and results. The statistical population included all employment professors and experts who had experience in employment and tourism. According to Morgan table, the sample size was 294 subjects. To qualify for the Kaiser-Meyer-Olkin Test (KMO), the Bartlett test was used, which was equal to 0.735. The results showed a statistically significant difference between the existing status and the favorable status of sport tourism in Iran (P=0.001, Z=13.785). The results also showed that sport tourism development had a direct, positive and significant effect on direct, seasonal-seasonal, and direct-part-time employment, but this effect was not significant on direct-permanent employment. It is suggested to lay a suitable groundwork such as major sport events and famous exhibitions for sport tourists to develop employment. Tehran as one of the metropolises in the world and Iran has many potentials that can lay the groundwork for employment with an emphasis on sport activities.
- Nazari R, ghasemi H, Sohrabi z. The effects of communication skills and interpersonal communications on Iranian sports managers organizational effectiveness and providing a model, Journal of Sports Management and dynamic Behavior, 2013, Pages102-93, (In Persian).
- Malek F, Comparative study of the effect of holding sporting events with national, international and Olympic dimensions on the economic situation of host countries, Used to estimate the economic impact of sporting events in Iran, Faculty of Physical Education and Sports Sciences. Islamic Azad University, Central Tehran Branch.2006, (In Persian).
- Honarvar A, Factors affecting the development of tourism resulting from holding international sports events in the country from the perspective of managers and sports professionals and tourism managers, Master Thesis, Teacher Training University of Tehran,2005, (In persian).
- Zitonly H, Honary H, Farahani A, Identifying the sports capabilities of Golestan province, Sports Management and daynamic Science Research,2011, First Year, No. 1, pp. 71-83, (In persian).
- Honari; Habib, Mandelizadeh, Z, Investigating the Factors Affecting Entrepreneurship in Sport as an Interdisciplinary Field, Quarterly Journal of Mia Studies in Humanities, (2010),Vol 2, No 2, PP136-113, (In Persian).
- Zitonly H, Farahani A, Asadi H, Sport tourism and long-term economic effects Survey of views of tourism and physical education experts and tourists on the effects of sports tourism development on employment and income in Golestan province, New approaches in sports management, 2013,PP 9-18, (In persian).
- Kamilla Swart and Urmilla Bob, (2007), The eluding link: Toward developing a national sport tourism strategy in South Africa beyond 2010".Politikon.34 (3). PP: 373-391.
- Evangelia Kasimati a, b. Peter Dawson, (2009)."Assessing the impact of the 2004 Olympic Games on the Greek economy: A small macroeconometric model", economic modeling 26.139.
- Movahad A, City tour, Shahid Chamran University Press, First Edition, pp044, 2007, (In Persian).
- Mandalizade Z, Honari H, Investigating the factors affecting entrepreneurship in sports; As an interdisciplinary field , period 2, Number 1, PP 136-113, 2016, (In Persian).
- Icoz, O. Gunlu, E. Oter, Z. (2010). Sport tourism destinations as brand and factors affecting destination choices of soccer team, th International Congress on Business, Economic & Managemen, PP105-92.
- Javid M, Almasi H, Sport tourism and its economic effects on host communities, Sports Management Studies, No, 23, November and December, 2015,(In Persian).
- Nishio, T, (2013) The impact of sports events on inbound tourism in New Zealand. Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Research, 18(8), 934-946.
- Rose, A.K, & Spiegel, M.M (2011). The Olympic Effect. The Economic Journal, 121(553), 652-677.
- Brida, J.G, Osti, & Faccioli, M. (2011). Residents' perception and attitudes towards tourism impacts: A case study of the small rural community of Folgaria (Trentino–Italy), Benchmarking: An International Journal, 18(3), 359-385.
- Ács, Z. J, Bosma, N & Sternberg, R, (2008), The entrepreneurial advantage of world cities: evidence from globalentrepreneurship monitor data (No. 2008, 063). Jena economic research papers.Baycan Levent, T, Masurel, E, & Nijkamp.
- Mosma, N, & S t e r n b e r g, R. (2 0 1 4).Entrepreneurship as an urban event? Empirical evidence from European cities.Regional Studies, 48(6), 1016-1033.
- Esfahani, N, Godarzi, M, Asadi, H, & Sajadi, N. (2009). “Analysis of factors affecting domestic sports tourism in Iran ,Journal of sportmanagement, 1(1), 159-175. (In Persian).
- Boromand M, Azimi A, Identify the underlying factors affecting the establishment of strategic entrepreneurship in sports businesses, Sports management and development, PP87-70, 2018, (In Persian).
- Kamilla Swart and Urmilla Bob, (2007), The eluding link: Toward developing a national sport tourism strategy in South Africa beyond 2010, Politikon, 34 (3), PP: 373-391.
- Solberg.H. & Preuss.H, (2007), Major sport events and long-term tourism impacts, Journal of sport Management.VOL- 21, PP: 231- 23.