Document Type : Research Paper
Assistant Professor, Department of Sport Management, Faculty of Sport Sciences, Shahid Rajaei Teacher Training University
PhD. in Sport Marketing Management Science and Research Branch Islamic Azad University
PhD of Sport Management, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, Tehran University
The aim of this study was to investigate those factors affecting the development of E-ticketing electronic services in Iran football premier league. This study was descriptive and applied. The statistical population consisted of spectators in Esteghlal-Persepolis football match on the 26th October 2016 who attended the stadium to watch the match by E-tickets. Using Morgan table, a sample of 384 subjects was randomly selected. Friedman test was used to prioritize the factors and exploratory factor analysis was used to determine and identify those factors affecting the development of E-ticketing service. The results showed that the identified factors affected the development of E-ticketing. According to these results, the technology acceptance model had the highest effect on E-ticketing service (91%) compared with other variables. The other part of results showed the 75% effect of trust in the club and trust in the technology on the intention to use the E-ticketing service. The effect of the trust building variable on predicting the tendency and intention of using E-ticketing is quite clear and the diffusion of innovation had the lowest effect compared with other variables (64%).
- Rahimizadeh M, Sajadi SN, Goodarzi M, Ghamati H. A comparison of online marketing and interaction with fans through official website of football clubs in Iran, Asia and Europe. International Research Journal of Applied and Basic Sciences. 2012;3(5):1065-71.
- Lee MC. Factors influencing the adoption of internet banking: An integration of TAM and TPB with perceived risk and perceived benefit. Electronic commerce research and applications. 2009 May 1;8(3):130-41.
- Jaberi, A., Khabiri, M., khazaei pool, J., moradi, M. An Analysis of the Factors Affecting the Acceptance to Purchase Tickets Online in Sport Events (Case Study: Football Fans in Isfahan City).Journal of Sport Management, 2017; 9(1): 19-36. doi: 10.22059/jsm.2017.62128. [in persian]
- Naghdi, Y., Kaghazian, S., Afsharpey, A. Analysis of the Economic factors Affecting Income of Football Clubs (Selected World Clubs). , 2013; 2(1): 21-43. [in persian]
- Smith AA, Synowka DP, Smith AD. E-commerce quality and adoptive elements of e-ticketing for entertainment and sporting events. International Journal of Business Information Systems. 2014 Jan 1;15(4):450-87.
- Afthinos Y, Theodorakis ND, Nassis P. Customers’ expectations of service in Greek fitness centers: Gender, age, type of sport center, and motivation differences. Managing Service Quality: An International Journal. 2005 Jun 1;15(3):245-58.
- Zakizadeh, L. Atghia, N. Memari, ZH. A comparative study of ticket sales management in major sports and models for Iran. Master's Thesis Alzahra University. 2015. [in persian]
- Dos-Santos MA, Calabuig Moreno F, Montoro Ríos F, Alguacil M. Online sport event consumers: attitude, E-quality and E-satisfaction. Journal of theoretical and applied electronic commerce research. 2017 May;12(2):54-70.
- Hafezi, V., Abdavi, F., Pashaie, S., Khodadadi, M. The Analysis of Affecting Factors of with Mediating Role of Customer Attitude on Purchase Intention of Electronic Tickets For Iranian Football Premier League Matches. Applied Research of Sport Management, 2017; 6(22): 81-88. [in persian]
- Dennis Charles, French, tio and merrilees bill, (2004). E.retailing-first pulished rout ledge taylor. Journou of electronic Business Management:VOL(7),NO4 pp. 21 – 29
- Howard DR, Crompton JL. Tactics used by sports organizations in the United States to increase ticket sales. Managing Leisure. 2004 Jan 1;9(2):87-95.
- Sanford K, Scott F. What are SEC football tickets worth? Evidence from secondary market transactions. Southern Economic Journal. 2014 Jul;81(1):23-55.
- Brown MT. An analysis on online marketing in the sport industry: User activity, communication objectives, and perceived benefits. Sport Marketing Quarterly. 2003 Mar 1;12(1):48-55.
- Morrow S, Howieson B. The new business of football: A study of current and aspirant football club managers. Journal of Sport Management. 2014 Sep;28(5):515-28.
- Bouchet A, Ballouli K, Bennett G. Implementing a ticket sales force in college athletics: A decade of challenges. Sport Marketing Quarterly. 2011 Jun 1;20(2).
- VAILATI FACCHINI, L. U. C. A. (2018). Digital strategy in a sport club: a model to support the analysis.
- Cherubini S, Iasevoli G, Lauretta MG. Events Ticketing Management: The Case of the Olympic Winter Games Torino 2006 and the Fifa World Cup Germany 2006. InMarketing Trends in Europe Conference 2007.
- Norouzi, M. Memari, Zh. Compilation of the dynamic pricing system of the Iranian Football League. Master's Thesis Alzahra University. 2013. [in persian]
- Howard, D. R., & Crompton, J. L. (1995). Financing Sport, Fitness Information Technology. Inc. Morgantown, WV.
- Mehrzad Hamidi, Vajiheh javani, Homila Takali. Brand management and ticketing at sports organizations. Tehran. Sport sciences Research Institute publish.2014. [in persian]
- Razavi, S., Sajjadi, S., Moradi, A., Asadi, N. Barriers to Mechanical Ticketing in Iran Football Premier League. Sport Physiology & Management Investigations, 2016; 8(3): 9-20. [in persian]
- Talebpour, M., Khazaei Pool, J., Shamsi, A., Rohani, M. The analysis and evaluation of online ticket sale barriers in Iran’s premier football league by using the analytic hierarchy process (AHP). Sport Management and Development, 2013; 2(1): 41-53. [in persian]
- Hadadian, A., Hadadian, A., Hadadian, A., Bagherieh, A. Determinants of Intention to Purchase Online Airline Ticket.New Marketing Research Journal, 2014; 4(1): 152-137. [in persian]
- Hemmatinezhad, M., Rahmati, M., Safarzadeh, M. Identifying and Prioritizing the Factors Influencing Attendance in the Iranian Basketball Super League. Sport Management and Development, 2016; 5(1): 36-50. [in persian]
- Soegoto, E. S., & Siddiq, I. F. (2018, August). Development of online ticket system at a football club in Bandung, Indonesia. In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering(Vol. 407, No. 1, p. 012049). IOP Publishing.