Document Type : Research Paper
Assistant Professor of Sport Management, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Assistant professor of sport management, faculty of humanities, Golestan University, Gorgan, Iran
Master Of Sport Management, Faculty Of Humanities, Islamic Azad University Hamedan Branch, Hamedan, Iran.
The aim of this study was to introduce policies of qualitative development of sport coaches’ education in Golestan province. Mixed research method (qualitative (study and interview) and quantitative (questionnaire) methods) was used in the study. The identified policies from the studies and interviews were formulated in a 5-point Likert scale. Questionnaires were distributed among the statistical sample (elite sport managers, experts and coaches in Golestan province). The content validity of the questionnaire was confirmed by 7 sport management professors who had a teaching and research career in coaching. The reliability was obtained in a pilot study on 30 subjects from the statistical sample (0.84). Data were analyzed by Friedman test which showed that those factors related to the evaluation of educational effectiveness, educational needs assessment, educational planning, educational implementation and standardization of educational activities were the most important in qualitative education of sport coaches in Golestan province. Then, policies in line with each factor of coaches’ education were identified and prioritized.
- Bakhshandeh, H., Ahmadi, H., Behnam, M., Hamidi, M. Evaluating the Effectiveness of Coaching and Refereeing Courses from University Students' Viewpoints Based on Kirk Partric's Model. Journal of Sport Management, 2014; 5(4): 161-178. doi: 10.22059/jsm.2014.36226 (in Persian).
- Gillham A, Doscher M, Krumpos J, Martin Diltz M, Moe N, Allen S, Bridgeman R. A Roundtable With College Strength and Conditioning Coaches: Working With Sport Coaches. International Sport Coaching Journal. 2019 Jan 1;6(1):98-109.
- Jacksan R. Sport Administration manual. International Olympic Committee, Editura Olympic Solidarity, 2001, 385-405.
- Hernandez RA. Managing sport organizations. Human Kinetics; 2002.
- Sullivan P, Paquette KJ, Holt NL, Bloom GA. The relation of coaching context and coach education to coaching efficacy and perceived leadership behaviors in youth sport. The sport psychologist. 2012; 26(1):122-34.
- Resende R, Sequeira P, Sarmento H. Coaching and coach education in Portugal. International Sport Coaching Journal. 2016 May 1;3(2):178-83.
- The American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA). Coaches Certification. 2015; www.swimmingcoach.com.
- Bolter ND, Petranek LJ, Dorsch TE. Coach, parent, and administrator perspectives on required coaching education in organized youth sport. International Journal of Sports Science & Coaching. 2018 Jun;13(3):362-72.
- Myers ND, Beauchamp MR, Chase MA. Coaching competency and satisfaction with the coach: A multi-level structural equation model. Journal of sports sciences. 2011 Feb 15; 29(4):411-22.
- Davies KM. Measuring the service quality of International Tennis Federation coaches education courses (Doctoral dissertation, University of Pretoria).
- Australian Sport Commission: Checklist for recruitment and retention of Coaches and Officials. 2012; www.ausport.gov.au.
- Mozafari, AA., Elahi, A., Abbasi, Sh., Ahadpour, H., Rezaee, Z. Strategies for championship sport system development of Iran. Sport Management Studies, 2012; 4(1): 33-48 (in Persian).
- Memari, Z., Hamidi, M., Seyfi, T. (2013). 'Program Study, Evaluation and Development of Sports Coaches in Selected Countries and Suggestions', Applied Research in Sport Management, 2(1), pp. 99-112 (in Persian).
- Collings DG, Mellahi K. Strategic talent management: A review and research agenda. Human resource management review. 2009; 19(4):304-13.
- Greenberg E. How parkour coaches learn to coach an exploration of parkour coach learning and development. Doctoral dissertation, Université d'Ottawa/University of Ottawa, 2017.
- Tajolldin, M., Tafti, M. Why talent management? Tadbir Monthly, 2008, 191:12-18 (in Persian).
- dos Santos AL. The Development of Coach Education: The Sports Confederations' Programs in Brazil. Journal of Advances in Sports and Physical Education, 2019; 2(2): 38-49.
- Callary B, Culver D, Werthner P, Bales J. An overview of seven national high performance coach education programs. International Sport Coaching Journal. 2014 Sep 1;1(3):152-64.Jafarzadeh, R. Transforming model for effective assessment of staff education. Tadbir Monthly, 2007, 186:21-28 (in Persian).
- Tozetto AV, Galatti LR, Nascimento JV, Milistetd M. Strategies for coaches’ development in a football club: a learning organization. Motriz: Revista de Educação Física. 2019;25(2).
- Ciampolini V, Milistetd M, Brasil VZ, Nascimento JV. Teaching strategies adopted in coach education programs: Analysis of publications from 2009 to 2015. Journal of Physical Education. 2019;30.
- Araya J, Bennie A, O’Connor D. Understanding performance coach development: Perceptions about a postgraduate coach education program. International Sport Coaching Journal. 2015 Jan 1;2(1):3-14.
- Nelson L, Cushion C, Potrac P. Enhancing the provision of coach education: the recommendations of UK coaching practitioners. Physical Education and Sport Pedagogy. 2013; 18(2):204-18.
- Gearity BT, Callary B, Fulmer P. Learning to coach: A qualitative case study of Phillip Fulmer. Journal of Coaching Education. 2013 Aug 1;6(2):65-86.
- Khosravizadeh, E., Elahi, A., Bahrami, A., Nastohi, T., Haghdadi, A. Studying
the Arak Men Sport Coaches’ Problems and to Find Ways to Resolve Theirs. Sport Management Studies, 2013; 5(3): 173-184 (in Persian).
- Soltani, I. Presenting dynamic model of managing and developing human resources in organizations contracting systems. Modiriat-e-Farda Journal, 2007; 5 (2): 15-24 (in Persian).
- Fathi Vajargah, K. Planning staff in-service education. SAMT publication, 2016; p 32 (in Persian).
- Glen, J., & Lavallee, D. How do coach educators influence meaningful behavior change in sports coaches? Kinesiologia Slovenica, 2019; 25(3): 16-30.
- Koh KT, Chew WC. Coach Education and Learning: Singapore's Story. InEmerging Trends and Innovation in Sports Marketing and Management in Asia, 2015; 275-288.
- Hertting K. " More Practice-based Courses and Not Just a Load of Papers to Read": Youth Soccer Coaches Reflections on Coach Education Programs in Sweden. Physical Culture and Sport. Studies and Research. 2019; 83(1):39-49.
- Morris-Eyton HF, Coopoo Y. Assessing the needs of coaches in developing a coach education framework. African Journal Physical Health Education Recreation Dance, 2014; 20(1): 1-10
- Vargas-Tonsing TM. Coaches' preferences for continuing coaching education. International journal of sports science & coaching. 2007; 2(1): 25-35.
- Wright T, Trudel P, Culver D. Learning how to coach: the different learning situations reported by youth ice hockey coaches. Physical education and sport pedagogy. 2007; 12(2):127-44.
- Cushion, C. & Nelson, L. Coach Education and learning: Developing the field. In. P. Potrac, W. Gilbert & J. Denison (Eds.), Routledge handbook of sports coaching: 359-374.
- Mallett, C., John Lyle, PT., Rynne, S. Formal vs. Informal Coach Education. International Journal of Sports Science & Coaching, 2009; 4(3): 325-364.
- Galvan H, Fyall G, Culpan I. High-performance cricket coaches' perceptions of an educationally informed coach education programme. Asia-Pacific Journal of Health, Sport and Physical Education. 2012 Jul 1;3(2):123-40.
- Dehghan Ghahfarokhi, A., Goodarzi, M., Jalali Farahani, M., Monazami, AH. The Appraisal of the Performance of Iran Volleyball National Team Coaches by 360° Feedback. World Journal of Sport Sciences, 2012; 5(2): 9-24.
- Morgan K, Jones RL, Gilbourne D, Llewellyn D. Changing the face of coach education: using ethno-drama to depict lived realities. Physical Education and Sport Pedagogy. 2013 Nov 1;18(5):520-33.