Document Type : Research Paper
M.Sc. of Sport Management, Payam Noor University, Tehran, Iran
Assist Professor, Departmant of Sport Management, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, Payam Noor University, Tehran, Iran
M.Sc. of Sport Management, Allameh Tabatabaei University, Tehran, Iran
This study aimed at ranking those faculties participating in the Student Sport Festival of University of Tehran. The present study was descriptive-analytical and a field study. The statistical population consisted of all physical education experts of University of Tehran, director and his deputy and staff of physical education department of University of Tehran and some physical education professors of this university (N=30). According to the statistical population, the statistical sample was selected by convenience and census sampling methods. In order to collect data, a researcher-made questionnaire (28 items) was used. The face and content validity of the questionnaire were confirmed by physical education supervisors, advisors and experts and the reliability of the questionnaire was reported by Cronbach’s alpha coefficient as 0.87. To analyze the data, descriptive statistics (mean and standard deviation) and inferential statistics (confirmatory and exploratory factor analyses, Friedman test) were used in SPSS software version 22 and structural equation modeling with AMOS software. Based on the exploratory factor analysis, 6 factors were extracted from the research items: number of medals, total points, quantity and quality of athletes and teams, team and athletes management, support of authorities and spectators of faculties, management of event and competitions. The predictive power of these factors was 80.561 based on the total percentage of factor cumulative variance. According to Friedman test, the most important factors to rank the faculties participating in sport festival were “number of medals”, “quantity and quality of athletes and teams” and “total points”.
- Department of Physical Education, U. o. (1386). The History of the Department of Physical Education of Tehran University and Introduction of Sports Spaces of Tehran University. Tehran: Tehran University.(In Persian)
- Hamidi, M. (1384). Management of Sports Organizations (4 ed.). Tehran: Payam Noor University. (In Persian)
- Acosta Hernandez, R. (1386). Managing Sport Organizations (1 ed.). (A. Elahi, & E. Khosravizadeh, Trans.) Tehran: Bamdad Ketab. (In Persian)
- Hamidi, M., Elahi, A., Akbari Yazdi, H., & Hamidi, M. (1390). Student Sports of the Islamic Republic of Iran:Prospects and Development Strategies. Sport Management Studies , 12, 13-26. (In Persian)
- Robbins, S. P., & De Cenzo, D. A. (1388). Fundamentals of Management (8 ed.). (S. M. Araabi, M. A. Hamid Rafiei, & B. Asrari Ershadi, Trans.) Tehran: Office of Cultural Studies. (In Persian)
- Koozehchian, H., & Kalateh Seifari, M. (1387). Organizations Management and the Manner of Running Sports Events (1 ed.). Tehran: Kashefan Majd. (In Persian)
- Fathi, S. (1388). Sociological Explanation of Student Sports Exercise. Social Sciences Research , 4 (3), 145-173. (In Persian)
- Shafiei, S. (1391). Choose the best ranking model in the Asian Games based on the Neural Network Tree Model and K Nearest Neighbor's Algorithm. Management and development of sports , 1, 27-40. (In Persian)
- Green, M. (2007). Olympic glory or grassroots development? Sport policy priorities in Australia, Canada and the UK 1960-2006. International Journal of The History of Sport , 24 (7), 921-953.
- Mohammadi, A. (1389). Provide a math model to rank the countries participating in Asian Games 2006 Qatar. Olympic Journal , 51, 7-20. (In Persian)
- Tahari Mehrjerdi, M., Zanjirchi, S. M., Babaei Meibodi, H., & Zareei, M. (1391). Expansion of a nonparametric model for assessing the performance of participating countries in the Olympic Games. Sport Management , 14, 177-196.
- Lovalgia, M. J., & Lucas, J. W. (2005). High visibility athletic programs in the Football. The Sport Journal , 8 (2).
- Sitarz, S. (2013). The medal points' incenter for ranking in sport. Applied Mathemathics Letters , 26 (4), 408-412.
- Wu, J., Liang, L., & Yang, F. (2009). Achievement and benchmarking of countries at the Summer Olympics using cross efficiency evaluation method. Europian Journal of Operational Research , 197 (2), 722-730.
- Hamidi, M., Elahi, A., & Akbari Yazdi, H. (1389). Formulation of Strategies for Structure Development of Student Sports Exercise. Research in Sport Sciences , 26, 27-40. (In Persian)
- Dastom, S., Ramezani Nedjad, R., Benar, N., & Rasouli, R. (1392). The study of the interaction between the academic environment and the sport industry in Iran based on document and structure analysis. Practical research in sports management , 2 (6), 91-108. (In Persian)
- Hosseini, G., Hamidi, M., & Tejari, F. (1393). Formation of Student Sports Program of Islamic Azad University. Practical research in sports management , 4 (8), 37-54. (In Persian)
- Keshavarz, L. (1391, Day 24). Retrieved 1395, from www.isna.ir: Student sports do not go anywhere with the directive. (In Persian)
- Anbarian, M. (1393, Tir 3). Retrieved Mordad 11, 1393, from www.isna.ir: Student sports need a general overview. (In Persian)
- Mesbah, S. (1392). Obstacles and problems how to send selected sports teams to international events from the perspective of athletes, coaches and managers. Islamic Azad University . (In Persian)
- Jalali Farahani, M., & Alidoust Ghahfarokhi, A. (1390). Manage events and sports camps (1 ed.). tehran: Tehran University. (In Persian)
- Shabani Bahar, G., Erfani, N., Goudarzi, M., & Monsef, A. (1393). The application of the path analysis model is an indicator of the effective success of sporting teams of Iran in international events. Practical research in sports management , 3 (11). (In Persian)
- Sadjadi, S. N., Safari, H., Saatchian, V., & Rasouli, S. M. (1392). Prioritization of influential factors on Iran’s sport caravan in Guangzhou 2010 Asian Games. Sport management and motor science research , 5 (3), 1-14. (In Persian)
- Shariati Feizabadi, M., & Sadjadi, S. N. (1391). Review the performance of participating countries in Asian Games (1951-2010). Sixth National Congress of Physical Education Students in Iran . (In Persian)
- Hasangholipour, T., Estiri, M., Yazdani, H., & Hosseini, F. (1388). Investigating the Factors Affecting the Attitude of Graduate Students of Tehran University to Sporting Events. Sport Management , 3, 97-117. (In Persian)
- Sauer, P., Spardley, B. D., & Fred, J. (2017). Service Personnel as a Key Success Factor in a Sports Environment. United States Sports Academy .
- Cruyff Sport Magazine. (2016). Retrieved from https://johancruyffinstitute.com/the-magazine/n1/en/index.html.
- Dadelo, S., Turskis, Z., Zavadskas, E. K., & Dadeliene, R. (2014). Multi-criteria assessment and ranking of sport team formation based on objective-measured values of criteria set. Expert System with Applications , 41, 6106-6113.
- Sitarz, S. (2012). Mean value and volume-based sensitivity analysis for Olympic ranking. Europian Journal of Operational Research , 216 (1), 232-238.
- Hall, J., O'Mahony, B., & Vieceli, J. (2010). An empirical model of attendance factors at major sporting events. International Journal of Hospitality Management , 29 (2), 328-334.
- De Bosscher, V., De Knop, P., Van Bottenburg, M., Shilbi, S., & Bingham, J. (2010). Developing a Method for Comparing the Elite Sport Systems and Policies of Nations: A Mixed Research Methods Approach. Journal of Sport Management , 24, 567-600.
- Fainmesser, I., Fershtman, C., & Gandal, N. (2009). A Consistent Weighted Ranking Scheme With an Application to NCAA College Football Rankings. Journal of Sport Economics , 10 (6), 582-600.
- Wu, J., Liang, L., & Chen, Y. (2009). DEA game cross-efficiency approach to Olympic rankings. omega , 37 (4), 909-918.
- Emery, P. (2010). Past, present, future major sport event management practice: The practitioner perspective. Sport Management Review , 13 (2), 158-170.
- Jago, L. K., & Shaw, R. N. (1998). Special events: A conceptual and definitional framework. Festival Management and Event Tourism , 5 (1), 21-32.
- Cuskelly, G., Hoye, R., & Auld, C. J. (2006). Working with volunteers in sport: Theory and practice. Taylor & Francis.
- Horne, J., & Manzenreiter, W. (2006). An Introdution to Sociology of Sports mega-events. The Sociological Review , 54, 1-24.