Document Type : Research Paper
Ph.D. of Sport Management, Physical Education and Sport Sciences Department, Mashhad Branch, Islamic Azad University, Mashhad, Iran
Associate Professor of Sport Management, Physical Education and Sport Sciences Department, Mashhad Branch, Islamic Azad University, Mashhad, Iran
Professor of Sport Management, Faculty of Sport sciences , Ferdowsi University, Mashhad, Iran
Associate Professor of Sport Management, Faculty of Sport sciences , Ferdowsi University, Mashhad, Iran
The aim of this study was to develop a model for economic valuation of intangible assets of Iran handball premier league clubs in 2018. The statistical population consisted of 45 subjects in the qualitative section and the sample size was 386 subjects in the quantitative section due to the uncertainty of the population size using the Cochran formula. This study was applied with a survey method. Firstly, the intangible assets of Iran handball clubs were identified by qualitative method and then the data were analyzed by structural equation modeling using PLS3 and SPSS22 software in the quantitative approach. The results showed that spiritual capital (path coefficient of 0.902), communication capital (path coefficient of 0.900), human capital (path coefficient of 0.890) and structural capital (path coefficient of 0.885) respectively had the greatest effect on the economic valuation of intangible assets of Iran handball clubs. Therefore, it can be said that indicators such as television and satellite broadcasting right in intellectual capital, the popularity of the club in communication capital, the improvement and training of human resources in human capital and coherent and regular evaluation programs in structural capital had the highest value in the economic valuation of intangible assets of Iran handball clubs among other indicators of indices of intangible assets of Iran handball clubs.
- Castilla-Polo F, Ruiz-Rodríguez C. Content analysis within intangible assets disclosure: a structured literature review. Journal of Intellectual Capital. 2017 Jul 10;18(3):506-43.
- Giju GC, Badea L, Ruiz VR, Peña DN. Knowledge Management-the Key Resource in the Knowledge Economy. Theoretical & Applied Economics. 2010 Jun 1;17(6).
- Harris R, McAdam R, McCausland I, Reid R. Knowledge management as a source of innovation and competitive advantage for SMEs in peripheral regions. The International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation. 2013 Feb;14(1):49-61.
- Aref Mensh Z, Rahmani, A. Presentation of a model for the valuation of intangible assets in companies admitted to the Tehran Stock Exchange. Management Accounting, 2015; 8 (26): 81-112.(in Persian)
- Damodaran A. Investment valuation: Tools and techniques for determining the value of any asset. John Wiley & Sons; 2012 Mar 16.
- Adams A, Armitage S. Mutuality for football clubs? Lessons from the financial sector. Studies in Economics and Finance. 2004 Jan 1;22(1):26-41.
- Johnson BK, Whitehead JC. Value of public goods from sports stadiums: The CVM approach. Contemporary economic policy. 2000 Jan;18(1):48-58.
- Munasinghe M. Environmental economics and sustainable development. The World Bank; 1993 Sep 1.p:55-61.
- Edvinsson L, Malone MS. Intellectual capital: The proven way to establish your company's real value by finding its hidden brainpower. Piatkus; 1997..
- Brooking A. IC. Core Asset for the Third Millennium Enterprise. Journal of Intellectual Capital. 1996.
- Roos G, Roos J. Measuring your company's intellectual performance. Long range planning. 1997 Jun 1;30(3):413-26.
- Bontis N, Fitz-Enz J. Intellectual capital ROI: a causal map of human capital antecedents and consequents. Journal of Intellectual capital. 2002 Sep 1;3(3):223-47..
- Chen J, Zhu Z, Yuan Xie H. Measuring intellectual capital: a new model and empirical study. Journal of Intellectual capital. 2004 Mar 1;5(1):195-212..
- Jurczak J. Intellectual capital measurement methods. Economics and organization of enterprise. 2008 Jan 1;1(1):37-45.
- Lopes IT, Rodrigues AM. Intangible Assets Identification and Valuation--a Theoretical Framework Approach to the Portuguese Airlines Companies. Electronic Journal of Knowledge Management. 2007 Jun 1;5(2).
- Chen L. A mixed methods study investigating intangibles in the banking sector (Doctoral dissertation, University of Glasgow). 2012.35-37.
- Wicker P, Hallmann K, Breuer C, Feiler S. The value of Olympic success and the intangible effects of sport events–a contingent valuation approach in Germany. European sport management quarterly. 2012 Sep 1;12(4):337-55
- Käpylä J, Kujansivu P, Lönnqvist A. National intellectual capital performance: a strategic approach. Journal of Intellectual Capital. 2012 Jul 20;13(3):343-62.
- Salonius H, Lönnqvist A. Exploring the policy relevance of national intellectual capital information. Journal of Intellectual Capital. 2012 Jul 20;13(3):331-42.
- Gurel S, Dagli Ekmekci Y, Küçükkaplan İ. Measuring intellectual capital for football clubs: evidence from Turkish first division football league. Pamukkale Spor Bilimleri Dergisi. 2012;4(1):36-47.
- Zhang XP, Shang RH, Zhang XY. Managing Intangible Assets of Sports Celebrities in China. InProceedings of 20th International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management 2013 (pp. 845-855). Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
- Tomé E, Naidenova I, Oskolkova M. Personal welfare and intellectual capital: the case of football coaches. Journal of Intellectual Capital. 2014 Jan 7;15(1):189-202..
- Dimitropoulos PE, Koumanakos E. Intellectual capital and profitability in European football clubs. International Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Performance Evaluation. 2015;11(2):202-20.
- Ricci F, Scafarto V, Celenza D, Gilvari IS. Intellectual Capital and Business Performance in Professional Football Clubs: Evidence From a Longitudinal Analysis. Journal of Modern Accounting and Auditing. 2015 Sep;11(9):450-65
- Mačerinskienė I, Aleknavičiūtė R. Comparative evaluation of national intellectual capital measurement models. Business: Theory and Practice. 2015 Mar 30;16:1.
- Shou ZQ, Liu P. Development and Utilization of Sports Intangible Assets in China under Sustainable Development Perspective. Open Cybernetics & Systemics Journal. 2015;9:3018-23..
- Gudaityte G, Jasinskas E, Balciunas M, Streimikiene D. EVALUATION OF THE LEGACY OF A SPORTING EVENT: A CASE OF EUROBASKET 2007-2013. Transformations in Business & Economics. 2016 May 1;15(2).
- Baldini MA, Bronzetti G, Sicoli G. A Framework to Measure Intellectual Capital. InCountry Experiences in Economic Development, Management and Entrepreneurship 2017 (pp. 527-537). Springer, Cham.
- Lardo A, Dumay J, Trequattrini R, Russo G. Social media networks as drivers for intellectual capital disclosure: Evidence from professional football clubs. Journal of Intellectual Capital. 2017 Jan 9;18(1):63-80.
- Bakhsha A, Afrazeh A, Esfahanipour A. Identifying the Variables of Intellectual Capital and Its Dimensions with the Approach of Structural Equations in the Educational Technology of Iran. EURASIA Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education. 2018 Jan 1;14(5):1663-82.
- Hulland J. Use of partial least squares (PLS) in strategic management research: a review of four recent studies. Strategic management journal. 1999 Feb;20(2):195-204.
- Fornell C, Larcker DF. Evaluating structural equation models with unobservable variables and measurement error. Journal of marketing research. 1981 Feb;18(1):39-50.
- Chin WW. The partial least squares approach to structural equation modeling. Modern methods for business research. 1998 Jan;295(2):295-336