Document Type : Research Paper
Associate Professor of Sport Management, Payame Noor University, Tehran, Iran
Assistant Professor of Sport Management, Sports Science Research Institute, Tehran, Iran
Ph.D. of Sport Management, Shomal University, Amol, Iran
The aim of this study was to identify the challenges of sport management paper acceptance in internationally recognized journals (with an emphasis on the Web of Science and Scopus). This study was qualitative based on the strategy and applied in terms of objectives. The sample was selected with the purposive sampling method and until theoretical saturation with 12 managing editors of internationally recognized sport management journals indexed in the Web of Science and Scopus. The necessary data were obtained by exploratory and semi-structured interviews. To analyze the data from interviews, open coding and axial coding were used and the data were analyzed and interpreted according to the study objectives. In the axial coding phase, three codes associated with the challenges of sport management paper acceptance in internationally recognized journals including structure and appearance quality of papers, professional writing and content quality. It is hoped that the challenges of sport management paper acceptance in internationally recognized journals could be eliminated by taking the above mentioned factors into account.
- Kooraki, M., Mahjoob, H.,& Shaykh, N. (2007). “A study of the factors affecting lack of tendency to write scientific articles from the viewpoints of the faculty members of Hamedan University of Medical Sciences”. Scientific Journal of Hamadan University of Medical Sciences and Health Services, 4(4),(Persian) . https://www.civilica.com/Paper-JR_SJH-JR_SJH-14-4_010.html
- Farmanbar, R.,& Asgari, F.(2013). “ Investigating the barriers to research from the viewpoints of the faculty members of Guilan University of Medical Sciences”. Journal of Guilan University of Medical Sciences,14( 54) ,pp. 84-91(Persian) .
- Lioyd, T ., Phillips, B. R .,& Aber, R. C. (2004). “ Factors that influence doctors’ participation in clinical research”. Med Edu; 38(8) ,pp. 848-51.
- Zohour, A. R.,& Fekri, A . R. (2014). “Barriers to research from the viewpoints of the faculty members of Iran University of Medical Sciences”. Payesh Journal, 2(2) ,pp. 118(Persian) .
- Mohsenian Rad, M. (2006).“Yearning for Correct Understanding”. https://books.google.com.2006, (Persian) .
- Talebi, M. (2007). “Investigating the factors affecting the production and publication of scientific articles in foreign journals”. Rahyaft Journal, 27,pp. 188 (Persian) .
- Bach, M. P. (2013). “How to write and publish a paper in a journal indexed in Web of Science: a closer look at Eastern European economics”, Business and Management Journals, Faculty of Economics and Business, W O R K I N G P A P E R S E R I E S, ,pp. 13-05.
- Tress, G & et al. (2014). “How to write a paper for successful publication in an international peer-reviewed journal”. Accepted for Publication in Pacific Conservation Biology, 20 (3) in press.
- Rafiei, M.,& Jahani, F. (2009).“Factors Affecting the Writing of Farsi and Latin Articles from the Viewpoints of Faculty Members of Arak University of Medical Sciences in 2009”. Arak Medical Science Journal, (Persian) .
- Javadinia, A. (2013).“Barriers to Student Research Activities in Medical Universities” .Arak Medical Science Journal, 13( 6) ,pp. 535-537 (Persian).
- Haynes, B.,& Haines, A. (1998). “Barriers and bridges to evidence based clinical practice”. BMJ, 317,pp. 273-6
- Blocken, B . (2017). “10 tips for writing a truly terrible journal article”. Elsevier Connect. /connect/7-steps-to-publishing-in-a-scientific-journal
- Shaikh, A. A. (2016). “7 steps to publishing in a scientific journal before you hit “submit,” here’s a checklist (and pitfalls to avoid) ”. Elsevier Connect , /connect/7-steps-to-publishing-in-a-scientific-journal
- Cargill, M.,& O’Connor, P. (2009). “Writing scientific research articles: strategy and steps”. Wiley & Blackwell, Chichester, UK.
- Day, R. A.,& Gastel , B . (2011). “How to write and publish a scientific paper” . 7th ed. Greenwood, Santa Barbara, CA.
- Council of Science Editors . (2006). “Scientific Style and Format: The CSE Manual for Authors, Editors, and Publishers”. 7th ed. Council of Science Editors. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK.
- Hall, G. M . (2012). “How to write a paper”. Wiley & Blackwell, Oxford,UK.
- Sun, H.,& Linton, J. D . (2004). “Structuring papers for success: Making your paper more like a high impact publication than a desk reject”. Technovation. 34(10) ,pp. 571-573.
- Yamini Firouz , M.,& et al. (2014). “Investigating the Quantitative and Qualitative Growth of Iranian Scientific Productions in the Field of Sports Science: An Investigation into ISI”. Caspian Scientometrics Journal, First Year 1, pp. 28-32
- Yamini Firouz, M., Hosseini, S. E.,&Salar ,S. (2011). “World production of knowledge in the field of physical education and sport management science survey methods”. Presented at the Eighth International Congress of Sports Medicine in Iran. Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, ( Persian).
- Rezai Sufi, M., Farahani, A., Asadi, H., Khasseh, A.,& Ramezaninejad ,R. (2011). “Qualitative analysis of the scientific output of Iran's physical education and sports science in international journals”. Journal of Sport Management, Tehran University, 8(12) ,pp. 107-124. Available at: http://www.ensani.ir/storage/Files/20121212131102-9569-16.pdf, ( Persian).