Document Type : Research Paper
Assistant Professor of Sport Management, Department of Sport Sciences, Faculty of Humanities, Ilam University, Ilam, Iran
Assistant Professor, Department of Sport Sciences, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, Shahid Rajaee Teacher Training University, Tehran, Iran
The purpose of this research is to design an effective strategic control model for Iranian sports organizations and sport federations. This study has a qualitative approach and we used the grounded theory as a research method. For gathering data we studied high level documents and we interviewed with 28 experts who were aware of this subject. The validity of this research was examined and approved by the interviewers and then expert professors. The reliability of it is %87 which was obtained by using the methodology of the interstitial agreement. For data analysis we used the continuous comparison method in three stages: open, axial and selective coding. The results of this study showed that collaborative compilation factors, external environment factors, organizational environment factors, executive commitment factors for strategic control ,teaching and learning factors, cultural reform factors, change management factors and the establishment of strategic control model as eight effective factors in strategic control of sport organizations of Iran were identified and extracted. The sport organizations with the step by step implementation of this mechanism can improve control systems, responsiveness and appropriate reaction to environmental changes, systematic thinking and organizational performance and they can control strategic plans at the operational stage. The sport organizations with the step by step implementation of this mechanism can improve control systems, responsiveness and appropriate reaction to environmental changes, systematic thinking and organizational performance and they can control strategic plans at the operational stage.
- Rezaei Sh. Fundamentals of Sports Organizations Management. Ilam University Publications, 1th Edition. (2018); pp: 143-156. (in Persian)
- Arabi S, Chavishi D. A Study of Relationship between Strategic Control Style and Performance of Holding Companies Listed inTehran Stock Exchange. Journal of Strategic Management Studies. (2010); (1): 7-26. (in Persian)
- Nikokar GH, Ghorbanizadeh V, Esfahai A.N. Designing and explaining the strategic management model of cultural organizations of the country. Management & Achievement. (2010); 17(41): 185-208. (in Persian)
- David F.R. Strategic management Concepts and Cases. 13th edition, publishing as Prentice Hal, New Jersey, USA. (2011); PP: 36-61.
- Amini M.T, Seyadat S, Pirali A.R.. Harrison strategic control model implemented in the retail industry (Case study: Large food stores and consumer Shiraz). Strategic management researches. (2017); 22(63): 63-83. (in Persian)
- Kaplan R., Norton D. Implementation Achievement: Connecting Strategy to Operate to Achieve Competitive Advantage. Translation by Mohammad Reza Atefi, Tehran, Nab Publishing. (2009); pp: 32-34. (in Persian)
- Ayatollahi O, Zargaran F. A Review of Strategic Control. The first conference of Management, Accounting and Economy in Iran. (2017); pp: 1-12. (in Persian)
- Huikku J, Karjalainen J, Seppälä T. The dynamism of pre-decision controls in the appraisal of strategic investments, The British Accounting Review. (2018). Doi: 10.1016/j.bar.2018.04.002.
- Greve J. The impact of society on management control systems. Scandinavian Journal of Management. (2017); http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.scaman.2017.08.002.
- Rwara J. Strategic control practices in the power generation. Transmissions & distribution industry, Ph.D thesis, University of Nairobi (2011); PP: 45-53.
- Vik p. Strategy use on the Ruff Figural Fluency. The Clinical Neuropsychologist, (2013); 27(3): 470-484.
- Ferkins L, Shibury D.. Developing board strategic capability in sport organization the national _ regional governing, (2010); PP: 21-29.
- Naderian M, Hosseini S.M.. Skills and technical’s abilities for sport managers, sport management and movement sciences. (2012); 1(2): 11-17. (in Persian)
- Craciun L, Gîrboveanu S, Ogarca R. Strategic control and the performance measurement system. Strategic management, (2018); 1(2): 189-194.
- Meissner Ph, Torsten W. The effect of cognitive diversity on the illusion of control bias in strategic decisions: An experimental investigation. European Management Journal. (2016); http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.emj.2016.12.004.
- Lorange P. Considerations in implementing strategic control, business strategy. (2008); 4(4): 27.
- Callaway S.K, Jagani S.B. The impact of banks entrepreneurial orientation on strategic control systems. American journal of business. (2015); 30(1): 49-71.
- Brown Ch, Jennifer W, Ruth G. Sport management internships: Recommendations for improving upon experiential learning, Journal of Hospitality, Leisure, Sport & Tourism Education. (2018); (22): 75–81.
- Ng A.W, Tang W. Regulatory risks and strategic control in the global financial center of china, the political Economy o Chinese Finance. (2016); PP: 243-270.
- Lee J, Kang C.K. The effect of corporate Transparency on Business Performance: A Comparative Study Korean Chaebols. (2009); p: 94.
- Malekakhlagh I, Taslimi Z, Reihani M, Salimi N. Recognizing and prioritizing the effective factors on organizational strategy implementation in Iranian governmental sport organizations, Sport Development and Management. (2018); 6(10): 1-20. (in Persian)
- Zare A.R, Heidarinejad S, Shetab B.N. The Effective Factors on the Emergence of Office Corruption and the Methods of its Control in the Ministry of Youth and Sports, Organizational Behavior Management in Sport Studies. (2017); 3(12): 45-55. (in Persian)
- Danaeifar H, Emami S.M. Qualitative research Strategies (by considering grounded theory), management thought. (2008); 1(2): 69-97. (in Persian)
- Straus A, & Corbin J. Basic of Qualitative Research: Techniques and Procedures for developing Grounded Theory, Third Edition, Los Angeles: stage publication. (2008); (12): 156.