Document Type : Research Paper
Ph.D student of sport management, faculty of physical education, Islamic Azad University, Karaj Branch, Karaj, Iran.
Associate Professor of Sport Management, Faculty of physical education, Islamic Azad University, Central Tehran branch, Tehran, Iran
Assistant professor of sport management, faculty of physical education, Islamic Azad University, Karaj branch, Karaj, Iran.
The aim of this study was to design health development strategies with a physical and sport activities approach. The statistical population included top managers and experts of Health and Sport ministries and professors who had studied these issues. The research method was mixed (a combination of qualitative and quantitative). In qualitative phase, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of health system with a physical education approach were identified by library studies, interviews with knowledgeable experts and semi-open questionnaires. In the quantitative phase, respondents determined the rate and impact factor of each factor and identified the strategic status of health system with a physical education approach which was located in WT (defense) area. Then, strategies were determined by organizing a strategic council and using brainstorming method. The health development strategies with a physical and sport activities approach were as follows: increasing public awareness by media, supporting sport through workplaces, encouraging doctors to prescribe sport activities, providing facilities for sport investors, adhering to the sport standards at schools and universities, developing centers for monitoring and counseling citizens’ health, using sport specialists in the health centers in cities and rural areas, determining the role of each government body in the field of sport, determining share of sport in health budget, urban design with a healthy city approach, preventing the sport management orientation of governmental organizations towards the championship and professional sports, forming the deputy of health in the Ministry of Sport and using the information and monitoring systems.
- Council Policy and Health Reform. Document of primary health care promotion policy [Online]. Available from: URL: http://selection.behdasht.gov.ir/uploads/291_1664_Primary_Health_Care_Services_Policy.pdf [In Persian].
- Azizi F, Hatami, H, Janghorbani M. [Epidemiology and control of common diseases in Iran] Tehran, Eshtiagh Publications; 2000 [In Persian].
- Mohammadi Zeidi I, Pakpour Hajiagha A, Mohammadi Zeidi B. Reliability and Validity of Persian Version of the Health-Promoting Lifestyle Profile. J Mazandaran Univ Med Sci. 2012; 21 (1):102-113 [In Persian].
- Amirkhani MA. Students' Health Status Based on Harmful Behavioral Health. Medical Sciences University of Esfahan. 2008 [In Persian].
- Bronas, G; Leon, S. Lifestyle modifications for its prevention and management. American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine, 2009, 3.6: 425-439.
- Kwagyan, J; Randall, S. Cardiovascular Diseases, Obesity, and Lifestyle Changes. In: Lifestyle in Heart Health and Disease. 2018. p. 3-10.
- World Health Organization (WHO) "Health 2020. A European policy framework and strategy for the 21st century". People, 2017.
- Leutholtz, B; Ripoll, I. Exercise and disease management. CRC Press, 2011.
- Daugbjerg, S; Kahlmeier, S; Racioppi, F; Martin-Diener, E; Martin, B; Oja, P; Bull, F. Promotion of physical activity in the European region: content analysis of 27 national policy documents. Journal of Physical Activity and Health, 2009, 6.6: 805-817.
- World Health Organization (WHO). Global strategy on diet, physical activity and health: a framework to monitor and evaluate implementation. 2006.
- Ghofrani, M. designing sport for all and championship sport strategic plan of Sistan and Balouchestan province. Doctoral dissertation in sport management, University of Tehran, p: 10 [In Persian].
- United Nations. Inter-Agency Task Force on Sport for Development and Peace. Sport for development and peace: Towards achieving the millennium development goals. United Nations Publications, 2003.
- Sotiriadou, K; Shilbury, D; Quick, S. The attraction, retention/transition, and nurturing process of sport development: Some Australian evidence. Journal of sport management, 2008, 22.3: 247-272.
- Pate, R. A national physical activity plan for the United States. Journal of Physical Activity and Health, 2009, 6.Supplement 2: S157.
- Scottish Government. “Healthy Eating, Active Living: An action plan to improve diet, increase physical activity and tackle obesity (2008-2011)”. 2008.
- Ministry Of Health. (2015). “Active People, Active Places: British Columbia Physical Activity Strategy”. Province Of British Columbia, Canada.
- Ministry Of Health and Quality of life. “National Action Plan on Physical Activity 2011-2014”. Republic of Mauritius.
- Roshandel, T. explane the status of mass media in institutionalizing the public sports. Harkat, 33: 165-177 [In Persian]..
- Ghahreman Tabrizi, K; Mahmoodabadi Razavi, MJ. Identification and Prioritization of Barriers to Participation of staff of Public Offices in Kerman Province with a Coherent Approach of Multi-Criteria Analysis and Kopland. Journal of sport management, 2015; 7(1):83-98 [In Persian].
- Mozafari, AM; Ghare, MA. Status of sport for all in Iran and selected countries. Sport and motion Sciences, 2005; 3:151-171 [In Persian].
- Ministry of health and medical education of Iran. Document of Prevention of non-transmissible diseases. 2015 [In Persian].
- Ebrahimipour, T; Ramezaninejad, R; Amirinejad, S. explaining of commitment model to women participation of Mazandaran province in sport for all. Research in educational sport. 2018; 5(3):93-110 [In Persian].
- Asefi, AA. Identifying and modeling of factors affecting sport for all in Iran. Doctoral Dissertation in sport management, University of Tehran [In Persian].
- seyyed ameri, M., mohammad alegh, G. Determining techniques to attract and increase citizen,s participation in sport for all and recreational sport programs (evidence from Urmia). , 2013; 2(4): 23-34 [In Persian].
- Shahbazi, M., Shaabani Moghaddam, K., Safari, M. Barriers and Solutions to the Sport for all in Iran. Majlis and Rahbord, 2014; 20(76): 69-97 [In Persian].
- Dobbins, M; DeCorby, K; Robeson, PH; Tirilis, D. School-based physical activity programs for promoting physical activity and fitness in children and adolescents aged 6-18. Cancer, 2017.
- Berger, IE; O’Reilly, N; Parent, MM; Séguin, B; Hernandez, T. Determinants of sport participation among Canadian adolescents. Sport Management Review, 2008, 11.3: 277-307.
- Ehsani, M; Saffari, M; Amiri, M; Kouzechian, H. Designing the Model of Sport for all in Iran. Sport management studies, 2015; 27(6):87-108 [In Persian].
- Gauvin, L; Richard, L; Craig, CL; Spivock, M; Riva, M; Forster, M; Gagné, S. From walkability to active living potential: an “ecometric” validation study. American journal of preventive medicine, 2005; 28(2):126-133.
- Wicker, P; Hallmann, K; Breuer, C. Micro and macro level determinants of sport participation. Sport, Business and Management: An International Journal, 2012; 2(1):51-68.
- Girginov, V. Strategic relations and sport policy making the case of aerobic union and school sports federation Bulgaria. Journal of sport Management, 2001; 15(3):173-194.
- Vinther, P. No Money No Sport. Olympic Message, 2001; 42:65-68.
- Hosseini, S. Studying Tehran Municipality Behavior with regard to Public Sports by Principles of Good Urban Governance. Scientific Journal of Organizational Behavior Management in Sport Studies, 2017; 4(16): 21-36 [In Persian].
- Kashgar, s. Indicator determination and effectiveness measurement of citizen recreational sport programs. Journal of sport management and action behavior. 2015; 11(22):113-132 [In Persian].