Document Type : Research Paper
Assistant professor. Department of sport science, University of Kashan, Kashan, Iran
Assistant professor. Department of Physical Education, Azadshahr Branch, Islamic Azad University, Azadshahr, Iran
Associate professor. Department of sport Management, Payame noor University, Tehran Iran
Assistant professor. Department of physical education, Payame noor University. Iran. Tehran
The aim of this study was to identify the effect of trust and spirituality in workplace on knowledge sharing behavior in Sport and Youth General Office of Tehran province. 114 employees and experts of this office were randomly selected as the sample. Rahman et al. (2014) trust and knowledge sharing behavior questionnaire and Anthony (2009) workplace spirituality questionnaire were used in this study. Face and content validity was determined by experts’ viewpoints, and Cronbach's alpha test was used to determine the reliability of the questionnaires. Structural equation modeling based on Smart PLS 3 software was used to analyze the data and identify the causal relationships of research variables. Research findings confirmed the extracted model and showed that trust and spirituality in workplace had a positive and significant effect on knowledge sharing behavior of employees. Also, findings indicated that these variables totally predicted 64% of variation of knowledge sharing behavior variable. Therefore, it is suggested that managers should impel the organization culture to the rising of trust and spirituality among the employees and organization environment in order to share knowledge in organization environment.
- Kim YB, Lee BH. R&D project team climate and team performance in Korea. R & D Management. 1995; 25(2): 179-96.
- Cho N, Li GZ, Su CZ. An empirical study on the effect of individual factors on knowledge sharing by knowledge type. Journal of Global Business and Technology. 2007; 3 (2): 1-15.
- Lin HF, Lee GG. Effects of socio-technical factors on organizational intention to encourage knowledge sharing. Management Decision. 2006; 44 (1): 74-88.
- Hong D, Suh E, Koo C. Developing strategies for overcoming barriers to knowledge sharing based on conversational knowledge management: A case study of a financial company. Expert Systems with Applications. 2011; 38: 14417-14427.
- Goh GG. Managing Effective Knowledge Transfer, an Integrative frame Work and Some Practice Implications. Journal of Knowledge Management. 2002; 6(1): 26.
- Montes FJL, Moreno AR, Fernandes LMM. Assessing the organizational climate and Contractual Relationship for Perception of Support for innovation. Journal of Information Science Management. 2004; 25(2):167-180.
- Bock GW, Zmud RW, Kim YG, Lee JN. Behavioral intention formation in knowledge sharing: examining the roles of extrinsic motivators. Social-psychological forces and organizational climate. MIS Quarterly. 2005; 29 (1):87-111.
- Ellahi AA, Mushtaq R. Probing Factors Affecting Knowledge Sharing Behavior of Pakistani Bloggers. The Electronic Journal on Information Systems in Developing Countries. 2011; 45(6): 1-14.
- Peter ES, Alvin H. The impact of affective and cognitive trust on knowledge sharing and organizational learning. The Learning Organization. 2013; 20(1): 20-37.
- Rahman MS, Osmangani AM, Daud NM, Chowdhury AH, Hassan H. Trust and work place spirituality on knowledge sharing behavior: perspective from non-academic staff of higher learning institutions. The Learning Organization. 2015; 22(6): 317-332.
- Alavi M, Leidner D. Knowledge Management Systems: Issues, Challenges and Benefits. Communications of the Association for Information Systems. 1999; 1(5): 2-28.
- Stoddart L. Managing Intranets to Encourage Knowledge Sharing: opportunities and Constraints. Online Information Review. 2001; 25(1):19-28.
- Kayworth T, Leidner D. Organizational Culture as a Knowledge Resource. Handbook on Knowledge Management. Berlin. Springer; 2003. P.235-252
- Pavlou PA, Liang H, Xue Y. Understanding and mitigating uncertainty in online exchange relationships: a principal-agent perspective. MIS Quarterly. 2007; 31(1):105- 136.
- Wickramasinghe V, Widyaratne R. Effects of interpersonal trust, team leader support, rewards, and knowledge sharing mechanisms on knowledge sharing in project teams. Journal of Information and Knowledge Management Systems. 2012; 42(2): 214-236.
- Rahman MS, Daud NM, Hassan H, Osmangani AM. Effects of workplace spirituality and trust mediated by perceived risk towards knowledge sharing behavior. Journal of Information and Knowledge Management Systems. 2016; 46(4): 450-468.
- Lucas L. The impact of trust and reputation on the transfer of best practices. Journal of Knowledge Management.2005; 9(4): 87-101.
- Chen CJ, Hung SW. To give or to receive? Factors influencing member's knowledge sharing and community promotion in professional virtual communities. Information & management. 2010; 47: 226-236.
- Hsu M, Ju T, Yen G, Chang C. Knowledge-sharing behavior in virtual communities: the relationship between trust, self-efficacy, and outcome expectations. International Journal of Human-Computer Studies. 2007; 65(2):153-69.
- Scarso E, Bolisani E. Trust in knowledge exchanges between service providers and clients: a multiple case study of KIBS. Knowledge Management Research & Practice. 2012; 10: 16–26.
- Alami F, Narenji sani F, youzbashi A. [Factor structure of knowledge sharing, knowledge creation and organizational trust (case study: staff of engineering faculty, university of Tehran) (in Persian)]. Journal of Innovation and Entrepreneurship. 2015; 5: 5-20.
- Senubar N, Rahimi Aqdam S. [The Relationship between workplace Spirituality and Customers’ Satisfaction and Adjusting Role of Organizational Citizenship Behavior (in Persian)]. Strategy for Culture. 2014; 7(26):179-207.
- Krishnakumar S, Neck CP. The "What", "Why" and "how" of Spirituality in the Workplace. Journal of Managerial Psychology. 2002; 17 (3): 153-164.
- Altaf A, Atif AM. Moderating effect of Workplace Spirituality on the Relationship of Job Overload and Job Satisfaction. Journal of Business Ethics. 2011; 104(1): 93-99.
- Garcia-Zamor, JC. Workplace Spirituality and Organizational Performance. Public Administration Review. 2003; 63 (3): 355-364.
- Mitroff I, Denton E. A study of spirituality in workplace. Sloan Management Review.1999; 40: 83-92.
- Armenio R, Miguel PC. Workplace spirituality and organizational commitment: an empirical study. Journal of Organizational Change Management. 2008; 21(1): 53-75.
- Rahman MS, Hussain B. The impact of trust, motivation and rewards on knowledge sharing attitudes among the secondary and higher secondary level students: Evidence from Bangladesh. Library Review. 2014; 63(8-9): 637-652.
- Shaw D, Thomson J. Consuming spirituality: the pleasure of uncertainty. European Journal of Marketing. 2013; 47(3/4): 557-573.
- Rupali P, Radha RS, Puneet B. Facilitating workplace spirituality: lessons from Indian spiritual traditions. Journal of Management Development. 2014; 33(8/9), 847-859.
- Rego A, Pina E, Cunha M. Workplace spirituality and organizational commitment: an empirical study. Journal of Organizational Change Management. 2008; 21(1): 53-75.
- Zhang Y. A Study of Corporate Reputations Influence on Customer Loyalty Based on PLS-SEM Model. International Business Research. 2009; 2(3): 28-35.
- Fornell C, Larcker DF. Evaluating structural equations models with unobservable variables and measurement error. Journal of Marketing Research. 1981; 18(1): 39-50.
- Chin, WW. The partial least squares approach to structural equation modeling. In: Marcoulides. G.A. (Ed.). Modern Methods for Business Research. Erlbaum. Mahwah; 1998. P.295-358.
- Tenenhaus M, Vinzi VE, Chatelin YM, Lauro C. PLS path modeling. Comput Stat Data Anal. 2005;48(1):159-205
- Davari A, Rezazadeh A. [Structural Equation Modeling with PLS (in Persian)]. 1 nd ed. Tehran. Jahade Daneshgahi. 2013.
- Mooradian TA, Renzl B, Matzler K. Who trusts? Personality, trust and knowledge sharing. Management Learning. 2006; 37(4): 523-540.
- Nasehi far V, Almasi fard MR. [The Place of Work Spirituality in today's Organizational Society (in Persian)]. Ethics in Science and Technology. 2009; 4(3-4):17-27.
- Hulsheger UR, Anderson N, Salgado JF. Team-level predictors of innovation at work: a comprehensive meta-analysis spanning three decades of research. Journal of Applied Psychology. 2009; 94(5): 1128-45.