Document Type : Research Paper
Assistant Professor., Faculty of Physical education and sport science, Department of sport management, University of Tabriz, Tabriz, Iran
Ph.D student of Sport management, Faculty of Physical education and sport science, Department of sport management, University of Tabriz, Tabriz, Iran
M.Sc., Faculty of Economics, Management and Business, University of Tabriz, Tabriz, Iran
One of the most important and most influential topics in macroeconomics and international economics is the choice of foreign exchange regime. The type of foreign exchange regime affects a wide range of economic variables in each country. Foreign exchange revenues on oil exports increase the importance of foreign exchange regime and foreign exchange policies. Also, the exchange rate is an important factor in the rise and fall of commerce in the countries. This study aimed at investigating the foreign exchange regimes on the flow of commerce of sporting goods group in 1993-2013 in D8 countries using a panel data approach. Data sources were World Bank, the WTO, the IMF and international information center. Stata 12 software was used for data analysis. The results showed that trade, distance, population, colonization and having a common border had a positive effect and a joint business agreement, nominal exchange rate, consolidated variable of consumer price index, effective exchange rate and GDP had a negative effect on the flow of sporting goods group commerce. Trade and nominal exchange rate were not statistically significant and other variables were statistically significant at a confidence level of 10%.
- Sarlab, R. Competitive, structural and national changes in the export of sporting goods in Iran. Master's dissertation, faculty of sport and education of sport, Tabriz University. 2013. (In Persian).
- Bahadori, A. Currency systems, categorization, identification and economic effects, Monetary and Banking Research Center of the Central Bank of the Islamic Republic of Iran, MBRI-RP; 2015: 1-23. (In Persian).
- Frankle, J. A. No single currency is right for all countries or at all time. Journal of International Finance. 1999.
- Friedman, M. The case for flexible exchange rate. Journal of Positive Economics, Chicago: University of Chicago Press. 1953.
- Atefimanesh, R. A Review of Different Currency Regimes and the Right Option for the UAE. Economic Magazine, Tehran; 2014, 9: 83-102. (In Persian).
- Reinhart, C. M., & Rogoff, K. S. The modern history of exchange rate arrangements: a reinterpretation. Quarterly Journal of Economics. 2004; 119(1): 1-48.
- Atefimanesh, R. A look at the classification of exchange rate regimes in OIC member countries and recommendations for the Iranian currency regime. Quarterly Journal of Financial and Economic Policies; 2015, 3(10): 7- 32. (In Persian).
- Nurkse, R. International currency experience. Geneva Leagne of Nations. 1994.
- Atefimanesh, R. The range of pegged currency regimes in the world is to examine its benefits and disadvantages with an emphasis on oil exporting countries. Quarterly Journal of Financial and Economic Policies. 2014; 2(5): 23- 40. (In Persian).
- Bruno, M. High inflation and the nominal anchors of an open economy. Journal of International Finance.1991; 183.
- Farahbakhsh, N. Exchange Rate Relationship with Iran's Foreign Trade Sector. "The First National Electronic Conference on the Perspective of the Iranian Economy with the Approach to Supporting National Production, 2013. (In Persian).
- De Vita, G. The long run impact of exchange rate regimes on international tourism flows. Journal of Tourism Management. 2014; 45: 226-233.
- De Vita, G., & Abbott, A. The impact of exchange rate volatility on UK exports to EU countries. Scottish Journal of Political Economy. 2004; 51(1): 62-81.
- De Vita, G., & Abbott, A. The impact of exchange rate volatility on UK exports to EU countries. Scottish Journal of Political Economy. 2004; 51: 62-81.
- Thompson, A., & Thompson, H. The exchange rate, euro, switch and tourism revenue in Greece. Tourism Economics. 2010; 16(3): 773-778.
- Chang, R., & Velasco, A. A model of currency crises in emerging market. Journal of Economics. 2001; 116: 489-517.
- Panahi, H., Masoomzadeh, S., & Razaghi, S. The effect of exchange rate on the Iran’s tourism balance, Applied Theories of Economics, 2017; 4(2): 127- 142. (In Persian).
- Gil-Pareja, S., Liorca-Vivero, R., & Martinez-Serrano, J. A. The effect of EMU on tourism. Review of International Economics. 2007; 15: 303-312.
- Chiang, G. N., Sung, W. Y., & Lei, W. G. Regime switching effect on tourism specialization on economic growth in Asia pacific countries. Economies. 2017; 5(3): 1- 14.
- Marin, D. Is the export led growth hypothesis valid for industrialization countries?. Review of Economics and Statistics. 1992; 74: 978-688.
- Santana-Gallego., M. S. Ledesma- Rodríguez., F. J., & Pérez-Rodríguez, J. V. Exchange rate regimes and tourism. Tourism Economics. 2010; 16(1), 25e43.