Document Type : Research Paper
Assistant Professor, Shahid Rajaee Teacher Training University, Tehran. Iran
PhD of Sport Management, Allameh Tabataba'i University, Tehran. Iran
Regional identity is an interpretation of a process that is institutionalized with a region, and national identity means the sense of belonging and loyalty to common elements and symbols in the national community. The research method was correlation. The statistical population of this study included all participants in the 2017 Asian Volleyball Championship Tournament (N=3000) and the sample size was 320. The sample was randomly selected. For data analysis and inferential statistics, one-sample t test was used to identify the components of the research and exploratory factor analysis was used to identify the latent variables. Then, confirmatory factor analysis and path analysis were used to test the significance of the relationships and finally the conceptual model was developed. Then, a correlation coefficient test was used to examine the relationship of the components of the research variables. Finally, in order to test the research hypotheses, structural equation modeling was used with SPSS and R software. Using the structural equation modeling to examine the relationship between regional identity and national identity, fit indices were as follows: AGFI = 0.973, CFI = 96.95, RMSEA = 0.03, TLA = 0.947. The rate of these indices all represented the fit of the model with the data. In other words, the observed data were largely consistent with the conceptual model of the research. The regression coefficient of the relationship between regional identity and the national identity was 0.648 and significant. Based on these results, the stronger the regional identity, the stronger the national identity will be and the fans of the Iran national volleyball teams have a high degree of solidarity with national identity dimensions.
- Hashemi, Seyyed Zia (1386). Football and national identity. National Journal of Journalism, 30, Eighth, No. 2,1386.
- Van Hilvoorde, I., Elling, A., & Stokvis, R. (2010). How to influence national pride? The Olympic medal index as a unifying narrative. International Review for the Sociology of Sport, 45(1), 87-102.
- Jaksa, K. L. (2011). Sports and Collective Identity: The Effects of Athletics on National Unity. SAIS Review, 31(1), 39-41. Lau, P. W.
- C., Lam, M. H. S., Leung, B. W. C., Choi, C., & Ransdell, L. B. (2012). The Longitudinal Changes of National Identity in Mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan Before, During and After the 2008 Beijing Olympics Games. The International Journal of the History of Sport, 29(9), 1281-1294.
- Smith, T. W., & Kim, S. (2006). National pride in comparative perspective: 1995/96 and 2003/04. International Journal of Public Opinion Research, 18(1), 127-136
- Kayakjoori, Saeed (2007). Effective Factors on National Identity of Students of Payame Noor University. Shiraz, Peyk Noor, Year 5, No. 1, Spring
- Yousefi Ali (1380). Inter-ethnic relations and its impact on ethnic identities in Iran, (In Persian). National Quarterly, No. 8, Second year, Summer 80
- Hajiani, A (1379). "The sociological analysis of national identity in Iran and the design of several hypotheses" (In Persian). Quarterly national studies. Second year, No. 5, p. 193-228.
- Nejat Hosseini, Seyed Mahmoud (2003). Analyzing Historical Identity, Historiography, and Historical Sociology, (In Persian); Theoretical and Methodological Considerations, National Studies, Vol. 4, p. 1 (sequel), 1382, p. 164
- Naghipour, B., Asadi, H., & Jalali, M. (2013, sept). the investigation of the components of team identity and national identity in fans of iran national wrestling teams. international journal of wrestlng science, 3(2), pp. 127-128.
- Renan, E. (1990). What is a Nation? Nation and narration, 11, 8-22.
- Rajaee, Farhang (1383). The Process of Nation-Building in the Middle East in Middle East Books, (In Persian), pp. 13 and 12, Tehran: Abrar Contemporary, 2004, pp. 48-13
- Anderson, B. (2007). The Nation as Imagined Community. Nationalism Project.
- Randalli. Schumacher; Richard J. Lumex; Translation: Ghassemi, Vahid (2009), (In Persian). An Introduction to Structural Equation Modeling, Tehran: Sociologists' Publishing.
- Sadr, Hamid Reza (1390). "Once upon a time Football; Soccer Soccer, (In Persian)". Tehran: Cheshmeh, 1390.
- Evans. Daniel & Norcliffe. Glen(2016). Local identities in a global game: the social production of football space in Liverpool.Pages 217-232 | Received 31 Jan 2016, Accepted 26 Aug 2016, Published online: 19 Sep 2016
- Talib; Mehdi, Najafi, Zohreh (2010). Teachings of the rural participation process in Iran, (In Persian). Quarterly journal of rural researches, Volume 1, Number 2 - Successive Number 353382, Winter 2010, p.
- J O'Brien(2013). El Clasico’ and the demise of tradition in Spanish club football: perspectives on shifting patterns of cultural identity. Soccer & Society, Special Issue: Football, Race and Ethnicity. Volume 14, Issue 3, 2013
- Ali, Sundas . Heath, Anthony.(2013). Changing identities in the UK – the next ,Future years Identities: 10. Nuffield College, University of Oxford. governance office for science January
- Henrique Rolim, Luís,. Janice,Zarpellon Mazo(2009).The National Torch Relay in the City of Porto Alegre (1938-1947): a study on the participation of sports clubs. Porto Alegre, v. 15, n. 04, p. 11-33, october/december, 2009.
- Landmesser, Felix (2013). local embeddedness versus global orientation in european club football ? exploring fan attachment of schalke 04
- Győri Szabó, Róbert (2012).Identity and soccer in Corsica.Soccer & Society. Vol. 13, No. 1, January 2012, 36–55